• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Pirates

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like Wandy might be done. I wouldn't count on him for September. It's looking really bleak beyond Liriano and AJ. Locke seems to have lost it, Morton is unpredictable, and Cole is probably going to be limited in September.

If they make it to a seven game playoff series, I will be really curious how their rotation takes shape.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Wandy might be done. I wouldn't count on him for September. It's looking really bleak beyond Liriano and AJ. Locke seems to have lost it, Morton is unpredictable, and Cole is probably going to be limited in September.

If they make it to a seven game playoff series, I will be really curious how their rotation takes shape.

I honestly don't have any concerns about Morton. I think he's been very effective since coming back. I also think we'll be fine in the stretch run leaning on Cumpton, Gomez, and Irwin for occasional spot starts. It would have been nice to have gotten Wandy back, though.

Looking at Morton's numbers, I actually think there's a good chance he'll even get more effective in terms of preventing runs. His BABIPA is curiously high for his ground ball rate, about 50 ticks higher than usual. His ERA, FIP, and xFIP all align pretty well, though. But he's not giving up many home runs or line drives, so I do expect his BABIPA to fall a bit, which means he won't give up as many baserunners, which will make his LOB% look a little more sustainable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Wandy going to see Dr. James Andrews....

I guess he will be picking up the option for sure

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question how would you feel if the Team had some sort of celebration for winning #82? If on the road really nothing but if at home I don't see an issue with them on the field for something small for the fans.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no problem celebrating. this whole "dont celebrate when you havent achieved the final goal" mentality never really made sense to me.

we celebrate birthdays realize we arent at the final goal and dont lose sight that our goal is to celebrate more.
anniverseraries and holidays are the same.

as long as the celebration is processed correctly, i think it will be great to acknowledge another step of the journey is accomplished, the hard work and training is paying off, and with continued effort in the same direction, more accomplishments and celebrations like this are attainable and will hopefully be part of the ongoing motivation and drive when the path gets a bit rocky at times.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no problem celebrating. this whole "dont celebrate when you havent achieved the final goal" mentality never really made sense to me.

we celebrate birthdays realize we arent at the final goal and dont lose sight that our goal is to celebrate more.
anniverseraries and holidays are the same.

as long as the celebration is processed correctly, i think it will be great to acknowledge another step of the journey is accomplished, the hard work and training is paying off, and with continued effort in the same direction, more accomplishments and celebrations like this are attainable and will hopefully be part of the ongoing motivation and drive when the path gets a bit rocky at times.

Great way of putting it and I agree. Then if the folks who argue for that sentiment then why is it ok to celebrate a no hitter, winning the pennant and winning the championship series?

Heck this is a team that hasn't won over 82 games in 20 years, no one should have issue with it.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question how would you feel if the Team had some sort of celebration for winning #82? If on the road really nothing but if at home I don't see an issue with them on the field for something small for the fans.

Yep, as long as it isn't over the top, I have no problem with it. A thank you on the screen to the fans, a short video, and the players on the field to tip their caps or something. It lasts 5 minutes, everyone cheers and it's over.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, as long as it isn't over the top, I have no problem with it. A thank you on the screen to the fans, a short video, and the players on the field to tip their caps or something. It lasts 5 minutes, everyone cheers and it's over.

One word...............fireworks. There must be fireworks. They have had that promo for years now it would be in bad taste to not have them on the night they hit 82.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on the Wandy front, rehab could be starting soon

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is cool:

ESPN Stats & Information: Francisco Liriano is the first Pirates lefty to win at least 15 games in a season since Zane Smith and John Smiley did so in 1991.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
too bad locke and wandy fizzled or we would have an 18 game winner in liriano and a 15 game winner in locke and a 15 game winner in wandy.
3 lefties to throw at st louis.

1905 Giants

History Enthusiast
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually more of a Cardinals fan but I'm rooting for you guys.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well they got win #81 tonight and they activated Grilli ....So things are looking up.

Morneau was 3 for 3 with a walk... Just fantastic that the 3-4-5 batters all had multiple hits and a walk tonight...

Eager to see Grilli get an inning or two here and there and work his way back into the 8th or 9th inning for this team.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word...............fireworks. There must be fireworks. They have had that promo for years now it would be in bad taste to not have them on the night they hit 82.

Yea, they do it so often now it has lost it's appeal.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Pens finally won the Cup back in 1991 and WDVE played a parody of the Don Henley song "The End of the Innocence"?

We need to resurrect that for the Pirates this year.

"This is the End of Incompetence"

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to talk about celebrations and how long it's been since our Bucs have done well, they might as well start playing: "We are family" and placing yellow stars on their caps.

It's time to go past 1991 when we lost against the Braves, and that time is now!