• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL DRAFT aka BAALKE BASH

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of EJ in the past 4 years. He had redshirted his true freshman year, so that means he has been in college for a total of 5 years. He should not still be considered a "raw prospect". I mean, a little to some extent but at this point, it should not have to be needing "major work". As an FSU fan, I'm cheering for him to have success in the league but I don't see him ever developing to be anything special. My sincere belief is that teams are desperately looking for the next Colin. Which is why he got drafted so high.

As another person who has watched EJ his entire career I agree with you Bingo. EJ has had some great talent at FSU but it never seemed that he could put a complete season together. Every season as a starter EJ had to win a game or preserve a win with a drive and he couldn't do it.

It doesn't seem he can handle pressure well. Lucky for him he went to the other NY team and not the Jets because the media scrutiny would have ruined him so maybe he will turn the corner in Buffalo I will be rooting for him because he is a good kid I just don't see him being a pro bowl level player there but good luck EJ :suds:

S/N happy 1000th post to me!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Player

According to the New York Daily News, the Jets will take a "good, hard look" at West Virginia QB Geno Smith on day two.

The Jaguars could easily make Smith the first selection of the second round, or flip the No. 33 pick to the highest bidder. The Eagles (35) and Cardinals (38) are also possibilites. The Jets pick at No. 39. Smith looked miserable in the draft room Thursday, but should have something to smile about before the sun sets Friday evening.
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Apr 26 - 9:57 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin - WR - Rams

According to the New York Daily News, the Jets "would have selected" Tavon Austin with the No. 9 pick had he not come off the board one selection earlier.

CB Dee Milliner now has one more player he can be unfairly compared to. It also means the Rams were justified in trading up for their top target. Per reporter Manish Mehta, both Austin and Milliner were in the top four on the Jets' big board. GM John Idzik figures to come away from day two with at least one potential playmaker on offense.
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Apr 26 - 9:31 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Top 20 Best Available
Josh Norris
Rankings

Friday, April 26, 2013

Have no fear, there is plenty of great talent remaining on day two. Expect a large run on quarterbacks, wide receivers, tight ends, and defensive backs during the second- and third-rounds. There’s a variety of reasons the prospects listed below missed out on the first-round. Some possibly due to medicals (Brown, Carradine), others a poor pre-draft process (Allen, Lacy), and finally, a few specialize in a certain role (Washington, Rambo).

I have not included quarterbacks, but you can find my full list here. I’ve narrowed the evaluation of each of these prospects down to what truly matters: where they can help the team that drafts them. Next to each name is where they ranked on my pre-draft top 151.

1. LB Arthur Brown, Kansas State (8)

Where he wins: Instinctive, quick, and physical for his size. Believe he could play inside in any scheme but could thrive on the weakside. Doesn’t shy away from contact but also has the speed to beat ball carriers to the edge or stick with his assignment in coverage.

2. DE Cornellius Carradine, FSU (10)

Where he wins: Explosive off the snap and follows it up with strong hand use to keep separation or disengage. Plays with leverage to drive opposition back if need be or keeps his position to set the edge as a run defender.

3. S Johnathan Cyprien, FIU (19)

Where he wins: AN aggressive, physical player with enough mobility, awareness, and range to play the safety spots interchangeably. Sure tackler with aggression to make a play on ball carriers or when blitzing. Experience in the slot.

4. CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State (20)

Where he wins: Adept in press of off coverages. Very good at getting physical at the catch point to disrupt the receiver. Fluid hips and smooth turns with footwork to stick with vertical or breaking receivers. Comes up to set the edge, forcing running back inside.

5. DT Jesse Williams, Alabama (23)

Where he wins: Experience at nose tackle and as a five technique end. Strong upper body to absorb and hold an anchor. Shows power in hands to shed or extend and press the pocket from the interior at times.

6. G Larry Warford, Kentucky (24)

Where he wins: A punishing, powerful blocker with a strong grip to control his opponent. Flashes proper posture but can win with brute strength and athleticism for his size when things break down. Projects to a power running team.

7. S D.J. Swearinger, South Carolina (27)

Where he wins: Big hitter that can set the tone for a defense. Interchangeable safety in the back half. Showed well at cornerback when asked to play the position, but natural fit at safety. Feisty, downhill player.

8. WR Keenan Allen, Cal (29)

Where he wins: Reliability in his ability to create separation and hands at the catch point. Breaks and cuts are crisp and exaggerated, consistently opening up space. Can make an impact at every level of the field.

9. WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech (30)

Where he wins: Extremely fluid and smooth in his routes. Sets up opposing cornerback with head fakes and cuts. Reliable hands and adjusts body positioning after tracking to come down with difficult catches. Burns opposition vertically when speed isn’t respected.

10. WR Markus Wheaton, Oregon State (31)

Where he wins: Consistently took the top off coverages with excellent straight-line playing speed. Don’t overlook his ability to break off rights and his acceleration to take a short route to the house. Does very well to sustain the separation he created off the line or in routes, but frequently underthrown.

11. CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State (33)

Where he wins: Played a lot of cover 3 and not afraid to cut off his line and take a chance on underneath targets. His risks tend to pay off. Height and willingness to go up and get it allows him to win at the catch point. Not shy against contact.

12. T Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (34)

Where he wins: Extremely fluid mover when asked to work in space, lead block, and hit second level targets. Athletic feet to mirror laterally, bend at the knee, anchor and redirect. Showed same kind of skill against top competition as he did versus FCS.

13. DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State (35)

Where he wins: Flashes winning in a variety of ways, specifically with strength to shed, power to drive, or quickness to shoot gaps. Runs the line well for his size and could see snaps all along the defensive line.

14. ILB Kevin Minter, LSU (38)

Where he wins: Hammer between the tackles. Uses strong hands to jolt second level blockers and stop momentum. Consistently sheds after stacking to make tackles. Tight lines and ability to work through trash helps him reach edge plays.

15. TE Travis Kelce, Cincinnati (39)

Where he wins: Projects well as an inline tight end due to skillful blocking and size but has experience as an H-back and slot option. Shields the ball from closing defenders and flashes nice agility for his size, especially when asked to get downfield.

16. DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (40)

Where he wins: Experience as a rush linebacker and as an end in a four man front. Motor to continue his pass rushing line while flashing separation or to chase down plays from the back side. Generates production when asked to loop inside.

17. WR Robert Woods, USC (41)

Where he wins: Dynamic slot player who is very adept on short to intermediate patterns. Quick feet in and out of breaks with good body control to adjust to targets. Plays with low pad level in his routes to minimize target area for contact at the line.

18. RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama (44)

Where he wins: Strong lower body runner who always falls forward on contact. Allows blocks to develop but tough to slow down once up to full speed. Underrated passing down back, willing pass protector and adequate receiver.

19. WR Stedman Bailey, WVU (46)

Where he wins: Effortlessly adjusts to throws, either in the open field or in the end zone, with good body control. Hands catcher who doesn’t lose speed on his turns. Nice vision after the catch to cut off blocks and find the open field.

20. S Bacarri Rambo, Georgia (47)

Where he wins: Center field type safety who tracks the ball well with angles to disrupt the catch point. Shows enough tackling ability to be a reliable last line of defense. Great ball skills and shows a physical side closing downhill versus receivers.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders sweat draft night gamble for D.J. Hayden while 49ers play it cool in getting Eric Reid

"He was on the phone all day [Wednesday] trying to figure out what was available," York said of Baalke. "Eric was one of the highest guys on the board for us, and [safety's] a position of need. If you know you want the guy, and you have a ton of picks, go get him."

The two most viable trade partners were the Dallas Cowboys, who had the 18th overall selection, and the Chicago Bears, who were sitting at 20. In addition to San Francisco's 31st overall selection, the Bears wanted the Niners' picks in the third and fifth rounds. The Cowboys were willing to settle for simply a third-round pick, in addition to the swap of first-rounders."

Bingo, just be happy the 'Boys have low standards.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 20 Best Available
Josh Norris
Rankings

ington, Rambo).

2. DE Cornellius Carradine, FSU (10)

Where he wins: Explosive off the snap and follows it up with strong hand use to keep separation or disengage. Plays with leverage to drive opposition back if need be or keeps his position to set the edge as a run defender.

4. CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State (20)

Where he wins: Adept in press of off coverages. Very good at getting physical at the catch point to disrupt the receiver. Fluid hips and smooth turns with footwork to stick with vertical or breaking receivers. Comes up to set the edge, forcing running back inside.

5. DT Jesse Williams, Alabama (23)

Where he wins: Experience at nose tackle and as a five technique end. Strong upper body to absorb and hold an anchor. Shows power in hands to shed or extend and press the pocket from the interior at times.

8. WR Keenan Allen, Cal (29)

Where he wins: Reliability in his ability to create separation and hands at the catch point. Breaks and cuts are crisp and exaggerated, consistently opening up space. Can make an impact at every level of the field.

9. WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech (30)

Where he wins: Extremely fluid and smooth in his routes. Sets up opposing cornerback with head fakes and cuts. Reliable hands and adjusts body positioning after tracking to come down with difficult catches. Burns opposition vertically when speed isn’t respected.

10. WR Markus Wheaton, Oregon State (31)

Where he wins: Consistently took the top off coverages with excellent straight-line playing speed. Don’t overlook his ability to break off rights and his acceleration to take a short route to the house. Does very well to sustain the separation he created off the line or in routes, but frequently underthrown.

11. CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State (33)

Where he wins: Played a lot of cover 3 and not afraid to cut off his line and take a chance on underneath targets. His risks tend to pay off. Height and willingness to go up and get it allows him to win at the catch point. Not shy against contact.

13. DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State (35)

Where he wins: Flashes winning in a variety of ways, specifically with strength to shed, power to drive, or quickness to shoot gaps. Runs the line well for his size and could see snaps all along the defensive line.

16. DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (40)

Where he wins: Experience as a rush linebacker and as an end in a four man front. Motor to continue his pass rushing line while flashing separation or to chase down plays from the back side. Generates production when asked to loop inside.

18. RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama (44)

Where he wins: Strong lower body runner who always falls forward on contact. Allows blocks to develop but tough to slow down once up to full speed. Underrated passing down back, willing pass protector and adequate receiver.

I'd be good with any of the above in round 2.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Niners could easily trade the 34th overall pick to the following teams and maybe even get an extra 3rd out of it plus the teams 2nd round pick. To snag a QB I could see Philly at 35, Az at 38, and the Jets at 39 trade up to snag Smith or Barkley. I wouldn't mind that at all.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who are your favourite players left on the board? (I know Eddie Lacy, but I doubt you think the Niners will take a RB in the 2nd).

Johnathan Hankins and Lacy are the two easy picks at this point. In ALPHABETICAL ORDER right now:

Robert Alford
Terron Armstead
Cornellius Carradine
Jamie Collins
Jonathan Cyprien
Aaron Dobson
Corey Lemonier
Kevin Minter (not for the 49ers)
Kawann Short
John Simon
Darius Slay
D.J. Swearinger (not happening anymore)
Ricky Wagner
Larry Warford (not going to happen with the 49ers)
Cornelius Washington
Brandon Williams
Jesse Williams
Terrance Williams
Trevardo Williams
Tyler Wilson (won't happen with the 49ers but he's my favorite QB this year)

I also think if/when they don't get Lacy (and Baalke won't do it because he's so maddening), that Stepfan Taylor and Spencer Ware can be had and become the focal point of an offense. Not on the level that Lacy can, who I think can be SPECIAL, but those two guys would be high priority for me if Lacy comes off the board.

Montee Ball would be another target starting in the 3rd but I'd want more of a complement alongside him. (Kendall Hunter could do, who I love, but who knows what'll happen with his health now?).

I'm not as much of a Lattimore fan as most people anymore. If he gets back then I could become a little excited about the future depending on who they pass up but I didn't see him AS special to begin with like most others did.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnathan Hankins and Lacy are the two easy picks at this point. In ALPHABETICAL ORDER right now:

Robert Alford
Terron Armstead
Cornellius Carradine
Jamie Collins
Jonathan Cyprien
Aaron Dobson
Corey Lemonier
Kevin Minter (not for the 49ers)
Kawann Short
John Simon
Darius Slay
D.J. Swearinger (not happening anymore)
Ricky Wagner
Larry Warford (not going to happen with the 49ers)
Cornelius Washington
Brandon Williams
Jesse Williams
Terrance Williams
Trevardo Williams
Tyler Wilson (won't happen with the 49ers but he's my favorite QB this year)

I also think if/when they don't get Lacy (and Baalke won't do it because he's so maddening), that Stepfan Taylor and Spencer Ware can be had and become the focal point of an offense. Not on the level that Lacy can, who I think can be SPECIAL, but those two guys would be high priority for me if Lacy comes off the board.

Montee Ball would be another target starting in the 3rd but I'd want more of a complement alongside him. (Kendall Hunter could do, who I love, but who knows what'll happen with his health now?).

I'm not as much of a Lattimore fan as most people anymore. If he gets back then I could become a little excited about the future depending on who they pass up but I didn't see him AS special to begin with like most others did.

I agree with that part. I think he would have made a very good starter, but I didn't see the unique/rare burst most elite NFL RBs posses. I love the fact that he knows where the first down marker is at all times and is a talent in pass blocking and receiving. However, I never regarded him as that "special rb". Anyway, I want to totally ignore the RB position this year entirely. Next year is when we should focus on getting that mule we need to take over for Gore.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, I feel the need to correct or add a little something on Lattimore. He is special in terms of the kind of person he comes off as and how he appears to carry himself while the spotlight is on him. You don't see many athletes on THAT level in today's game. So many are an absolute disgrace in comparison to Lattimore but I won't get started on that one because I could go for days.

I get the sense and feeling that Lattimore will be able to handle things that are thrown at him much, much better than a lot of other players in this class. In terms of ability on the field I didn't before the injury and don't see him becoming very special like many others do.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, I feel the need to correct or add a little something on Lattimore. He is special in terms of the kind of person he comes off as and how he appears to carry himself while the spotlight is on him. You don't see many athletes on THAT level in today's game. So many are an absolute disgrace in comparison to Lattimore but I won't get started on that one because I could go for days.

I get the sense and feeling that Lattimore will be able to handle things that are thrown at him much, much better than a lot of other players in this class. In terms of ability on the field I didn't before the injury and don't see him becoming very special like many others do.

Same here!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barkevious Mingo - LB - Browns

Browns No. 6 overall pick OLB Barkevious Mingo currently weighs 237 pounds.

He's down four pounds from his Combine weigh-in. The Browns envision Mingo as an all-out edge speed rusher, so his weight wouldn't be a major concern unless he dipped into the 220s like Aaron Maybin used to do in Buffalo. Mingo doesn't project as a great rookie run defender, but he'll be a sneaky favorite for 2013 Defensive Rookie of the Year on a highly underrated Cleveland defense.
Source: Nate Ulrich

Apr 26 - 2:13 PM

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one pick that Baalke made and I liked from the start... yet not everyone is on board lol.... damn Baalke, no fan can ever get on the same page.