• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 CFL regular season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met him. nice guy. deserves better.

Yeah, he just takes so much punishment, no other QB in the league takes harder hits than Buck. You can't question his toughness, that's for damn sure.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a concussion again for Buck? ... feel bad for him

/Angus Reid had an amazing story about Buck on the radio last week about how when he first became starting qb for the Lions he had a "habit" of stuttering his words in the huddle when he started to panic or get anxious and his teammates and linemen all tried to help him through it by figuring out in different points of a game when they could see he was getting nervous and settling him down ... Rob Murphy was especially good at this and always quietly settled him down

one game the soothing from Rob Murphy wasnt working and no-one in one specific huddle could understand a word of what Buck was trying to say ... so Rob Murphy exploded in the huddle and slapped Buck across the helmet and screamed at him to "CALM THE FUCK DOWN"

and he never stuttered again

lmao

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think its bruised ribs this time for Buck.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Cuthbert tweet:

#BCLions Emmanual Arcenaux fined for his end zone putt TD celebration last week

Damn, I thought it was pretty good. No word on the Andrew Harris team canoe paddling celebration.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^lol

best part of that was Shawn Gore swimming off to the side

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite pleased Kavis Reed recently got an extension - With his coaching blunders and QB carousel, the Esks are in good hands.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are BC Lions tickets so darned expensive? Gonna be spending a couple weeks in Vancouver next month and was thinking of taking in a game. Then I saw the ticket prices and decided it wasn't a good idea.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are BC Lions tickets so darned expensive? Gonna be spending a couple weeks in Vancouver next month and was thinking of taking in a game. Then I saw the ticket prices and decided it wasn't a good idea.

Whitecaps tickets are pretty reasonable (I got a great seat for $45) - Great atmosphere with the Southsiders setting the tone as well.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good question that even us locals dont know the answer to :think:

especially when you consider with the new cfl on tsn broadcasting contract, all teams payrolls are already covered.

plus they arent footing a dime for the 500shmill reno of bc place stadium

and then they ask why only 26k attend the games

i know they psychologically dont want to "appear minor league" with cheap-er tickets but caman guys figure it out!!! theyre pricing families out of the market ... especially when their hardcore fanbase is mostly suburban

do as dash said ... go to a caps game, enjoy the euro style soccer atmosphere, and see the stadium that we BC taxpayers are speninding all our tax dollars on ... you can find even cheaper seats than what he paid (sorry dash lol)... or go to a single A vancouver canadians game at old nat bailey which is a beautiful setting (puck posted a picture in another thread here)

/i will give the Lions one thing ... went to a preseason game (freebie of course) and as part of their gameday presentation they played "ni$$as in Paris" ... not sure if that was in error but Im guessing it was lmao

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitecaps tickets are pretty reasonable (I got a great seat for $45) - Great atmosphere with the Southsiders setting the tone as well.

Unfortunately the Whitecaps aren't at home during the period I'm there. I think they're at home the day before I arrive and the day after I leave, but are on the road the weekend in-between. Very disappointing.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the Whitecaps aren't at home during the period I'm there. I think they're at home the day before I arrive and the day after I leave, but are on the road the weekend in-between. Very disappointing.

That's a shame - They did a great job with the renovation of BC Place, it definitely is a world class stadium. I need to get to another Whitecaps game this season.

/Go Stamps Go!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Drew Tate enjoys playing for the Ottawa Redblacks next year...

Statline for Bo Levi Mitchell tonight - 29 for 33, 376 yards, 3 TDs. Stamps win 37-24.

/Also, Rene Paredes has hit 34* consecutive FGs

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very easy to play QB on the CFL's favourite team isn't it? Getting handed every call when it counts

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very easy to play QB on the CFL's favourite team isn't it? Getting handed every call when it counts

I don't follow, the Riders have yet to play this weekend (they play the Ti-Cats today though).

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow, the Riders have yet to play this weekend (they play the Ti-Cats today though).

Still sour over that 1 loss so far this year huh?... Keep forgetting every time the Stamps lose, it is always by some massive ref conspiracy.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still sour over that 1 loss so far this year huh?... Keep forgetting every time the Stamps lose, it is always by some massive ref conspiracy.

Not sour at all, they lost to a better team on that day. I just wonder if Kory Sheets will still be that effective come November with as many touches as he's getting this season.

/Those Eskimos sure are looking good this season, by the way...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riders destroy Hamilton again on the weekend, 5-0 now, Kory Sheets showing no signs of slowing down.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Ricky Ray tomorrow for the Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgoooooooooooooooooooooooos

Status
Not open for further replies.