• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 CFL regular season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pickup for the Leos:

The #BCLions say running back Stefan Logan could be in town next week if he can resolve his passport issues this week.

saw that yesterday ... victim of the us fed government shutdown

wonder what this big assed tackle (Nick Speller) theyre bringing in will be like other than big assed

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunigan tears a strip off the Eskimos coaching and management - Attaboy Matt!

Last week, six days after sustaining a concussion, franchise quarterback Mike Reilly is rolled out by the Edmonton Eskimos in a must win game against the Montreal Alouettes. The Eskimos muzzled their “Top Dog”, virtually handcuffing the young quarterback by limiting what he does best: his ability to run, improvise, and attack a defence with his unmatched will to do whatever it takes to win.

That plan went south in a hurry and by half time, Reilly was back in his cage. The next quarterback up for the Eskimos wasn't Kerry Joseph, who has 11 years of experience under his belt. Joseph only had two reps all week during practice. I'm scratching my head right now.

The Eskimos had planned all week long to go with Jonathan Crompton, a young and promising quarterback from the University of Tennessee. Problem was, Crompton had only thrown 22 career passes in the CFL heading into that must win game!

Let me recap: you toil with the decision to start your franchise quarterback after he sustained a concussion just six days ago, limit his package – removing what he does best, don't practice or play your experienced gunslinger, and go with a virtual rookie in a must win game!

Wow, I know there's no giving an inch or concessions in football, but on behalf of the dwindling fan base, what is going on?

Now this week, with the playoffs virtually out of reach and the season almost over, you want to remove the muzzle on Reilly and set him free to attack the game – like he should have been last week – and risk further meaningless injury? I don't get it! Now is the time to get Crompton the reps he was given last week. Again, I'm scratching my head here.

I know there is a disconnect between management and coaches with who is second on the depth chart and that's why we saw Crompton last week instead of Joseph in a must win game.

Dunigan: Why go with Reilly at this point?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game tonight in Calgary - Stamps can practically lock up a home playoff game with a win over BC tonight. Go Stamps Go!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19-11 Stamps at the half - Thought Calgary dominated most of the half, but had to settle for FGs instead of TDs which could come back to haunt them.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the jets just got pounded by the stars....so there's that

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Pretty bullshit missed call on the roughing the kicker, which promptly cost 7 points

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
And an utterly bullshit roughing the passer call on Eleminiman to extend a drive
I am beginning to see our friend from Toronto's point of view

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to watch the replay on TSN2, but as we all know, CFL officiating can be suspect at the best of times (more incompetence than corrupt in my opinion). Refs stole a game from the Stamps against the Argos a few weeks ago.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm gonna have to watch the replay on TSN2, but as we all know, CFL officiating can be suspect at the best of times (more incompetence than corrupt in my opinion). Refs stole a game from the Stamps against the Argos a few weeks ago.

Well that doesn't help me this week, does it. :)

Not saying Leo's would have /or should have won, but that was two very key plays in the 2nd half of a game that was still up for grabs.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, i mean I am in complete shock...I mean the refs blatantly handing a game to the Stamps...Has that ever happened before?? :rollseyes:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bullshit missed call on the roughing the kicker, which promptly cost 7 points

Watching the replay on TSN2 and I can't believe Murray Clarke didn't throw the flag. I honestly don't know what he was looking at because Carter clearly made contact with McCallum.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And an utterly bullshit roughing the passer call on Eleminiman to extend a drive
I am beginning to see our friend from Toronto's point of view

Yeah, just saw it and I agree, if that's roughing the passer, then we might as well go to two-hand touch. If I'm not mistaken, Murray Clarke was the ref who missed a blatant head shot on Mike Reilly that may have cost the Eskimos a win. You wonder if he heard about that from the league and if that factored into last night's call.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, enough about the refs though. How about Cornish breaking his Canadian rushing record with 3 games left in the season and also setting a new Canadian record for yards from scrimmage. Congrats Jon.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damned shame.
so, does he slide into Offensive Co-ordinator right away, or into the broadcast booth.
would be pretty good at either, methinks.

Yeah, I think he would do a fine job in either position. He married a Montreal girl and has a family now, so you wonder if he just wants to spend some time with them for a while. He certainly is viewed as a favourite son in that town.

/Stamps lock up a home playoff game with a 27-13 victory over Edmonton tonight.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Riders paying with a slippery watermelon out there.
two lost fumbles on their first two drives to start the game.
Bighill forced both fumbles, btw.

last one was in the redzone, quickly 7-0 Leos

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riders paying with a slippery watermelon out there.
two lost fumbles on their first two drives to start the game.
last one was in the redzone, quickly 7-0 Leos

I think it was Bighill that popped both pigskins out for the recovery.

/Whitecaps just fell behind 2-1 to Colorado :pout:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, DeMarco loses the handle and Weldon Brown scoops it up and scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.