• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see a "white out" "red out" or a "blue out" during the postseason sometime....
Yeah, its nice to see all the white towels waving in the air and all...but I want something more. haha.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I'm just noticing this, but we are just now at the halfway point of a 20 games in 20 days stretch that started on the east coast and ends on the west coast. Good grief, talk about grueling.

We are 6-4 in this stretch so far and have KC twice, OAK twice HOU three, and SEA three left on this run. I'm thinking at best we get an 8-2 record over the rest of this stretch, worst another 6-4. As long as most of those losses aren't to OAK and SEA, we should be great with 6-4 even.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how I'm just noticing this, but we are just now at the halfway point of a 20 games in 20 days stretch that started on the east coast and ends on the west coast. Good grief, talk about grueling.

We are 6-4 in this stretch so far and have KC twice, OAK twice HOU three, and SEA three left on this run. I'm thinking at best we get an 8-2 record over the rest of this stretch, worst another 6-4. As long as most of those losses aren't to OAK and SEA, we should be great with 6-4 even.

Wow, I hadn't noticed that either. We have 26 games in 27 days. That's just crazy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torri Hunter has been placed on the restricted list because his son was just arrested at Prosper HS on charges of sexual assault of a child.

Same kid who would be embarrassed if his dad played for the Rangers? I'm just glad the Rangers aren't having to block a spot in the OF for an over the hill Hunter and his potentially criminal son.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins got no-no'd for the 2nd time this year lol

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Wells is injured, likely headed to the DL. Crud, that makes them a better team :lol:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Wells is injured, likely headed to the DL. Crud, that makes them a better team :lol:

Unfortunately you're probably right. Now Bourjous trout and Trumbo are every day players.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately you're probably right. Now Bourjous trout and Trumbo are every day players.

Yup. With Torii out for his kid, the Angels now have one of the best young OF's in the majors. Stupid accused rapists and old guys getting hurt. Soscia would never let those young guys out there regularly if he didn't have to, and now they are going to benefit.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what the hell is this talk about feliz not staying in the rotation..possibly ......is it because is arm is sore or do they think he isn't doing a good job

3.16 era 1.20 whip 37 k's/42innings

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what the hell is this talk about feliz not staying in the rotation..possibly ......is it because is arm is sore or do they think he isn't doing a good job

3.16 era 1.20 whip 37 k's/42innings

Believe JD mentioned it last night on the radio that it could be an option... i'll see if I can find an article...

That said, he is on the DL for the foreseeable future. Some estimates have him coming back after the all-star break...

Last edited by a moderator:

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Totally Agree with everybody regarding the Angels Outfield. It is a blessing in disguise. Hunter is Past is Prime and Wells has been Playing Poorly since coming to the Angels last year. Now they get to Play Bourgous, Trout and Trumbo Full Time. That makes the Angels better now. Trout and Trumbo are both Two of the Best Young Players in All of Baseball, and Bourgous can go get it in the Outfield with Great Speed. Rangers now need to Get Back to their 15-4 Form to Start the Season.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo is not that young and is not an OFer, but they HAVE to have Trumbo's bat in the lineup at this point

but agree about Trout and Bourjos being major parts of their OF setup in the future and this is a blessing in disguise to get them much needed experience,

Bourjos just needs to learn to take a walk and wait for his pitch, he needs to get his confidence up

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Roy Oswalt now in the fold and hard-throwing prospect Tanner Scheppers pitching well at Triple-A Round Rock, the Rangers are expected to make right-handed pitchers Scott Feldman and Mark Lowe available at the trade deadline, people familiar with their thinking say.

The Rangers, perhaps baseball's best and deepest team, will seek a righty-hitting outfielder in trade.

The Rangers are also hopeful Neftali Feliz will return before too long, giving them an excess of right-handed pitchers and some serious major-league ammunition for the trade market. The Rangers have a deep farm system as well.

Lowe was thought to be available in spring, but Feldman is a new name who could go in trade. Feldman is a talented pitcher, although he isn't off to a great start (0-3, 4.50). Feldman has been filling in for Feliz in the rotation while he's out with an elbow injury. Lowe has pitched very well (0-0, 2.87) this year with a strikeout an inning.

Oswalt, who signed a minor-league deal for $5 million with Texas and was said by a scout to have looked great in his workout, could be ready to join the Rangers' rotation by late June. Scheppers, closing games at Round Rock, is another strikeout-an-inning guy. Speaking of Texas, one scout said, "Just about everyone they have throws 95 mph.'' (Nolan Ryan is the club president, so perhaps this isn't a coincidence.)

Both Lowe and Feldman gave up big home runs in the Rangers' crushing World Series Game 6 defeat last year, as Feldman allowed the two-out, two-strike single to Lance Berkman and Lowe the game-winning home run to David Freese. That both of them will be available in trade surely is a coincidence.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/j...for-pitching-rich-rangers-who-seek-righty-bat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why we need another OFer but I'm all for shopping Scooter and Lowe

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah shop them and lets see what we can get.......he hasnt been mentioned either but i wonder if murphy gets thrown around in some trade talks......i like him a lot but i just see him as the most expendable OF