• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Phillies Crew Page

KillerMoFo

THE 29th CREW MEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SKYDOG

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE IN AN IRISH FAMILY
1) You will never play professional basketball.
2) You swear very well.
3) At least one of your cousins is a fireman, cop, bar owner, funeral home owner or holds political office and you have at least one aunt who is a nun or uncle who's a priest.
4) You think you sing very well.
5) You have no idea how to make a long story short!
6) There isn't a big difference between you losing your temper or killing someone.
7) Many of your childhood meals were boiled. Instant potatoes were a mortal sin.
8) You have never hit your head on a ceiling.
9) You spent a good portion of your childhood kneeling in prayer.
10) You're strangely poetic after a few beers.
11) Some punches directed at you are from legacies of past generations.
12) Many of your sisters and/or cousins are named Mary, Catherine or Eileen and there is at least one member of your family with the full name of Mary Catherine Eileen.
13) Someone in your family is very generous. It is more than likely you.
14) You may not know the words, but that doesn't stop you from singing.
15) You can't wait for the other guy to stop talking before you start talking.
16) You're not nearly as funny as you think you are but what you lack in talent, you make up for in frequency.
17) There wasn't a huge difference between your last wake and your last keg party.
18) You are, or know someone, named Murph.
19) If you don't know Murph then you know Mac. If you don't know Murph or Mac, then you know Sully. Then you probably know Sully McMurphy.
20) You are genetically incapable of keeping a secret.
21) You have Irish Alzheimer's, you forget everything but the grudges!
22) 'Irish Stew' is a euphemism for 'boiled leftovers.'
23) Your skin's ability to tan not so much. (Only in spots!)
24) Childhood remedies for the common cold often included some form of whiskey.
25) There's no leaving a family party without saying goodbye for at least 45 minutes.
26) At this very moment, you have at least two relatives who are not speaking to each other. Not fighting, mind you, just not speaking to each other.
At an Irish wedding party recently someone yelled, "All the married men please stand next to the one person who has made your life worth living."The bartender was nearly crushed to death.
Life is too short for negative drama & petty things.
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

phila-forever

Original Member 29th Crew
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Judge Jed Rakoff in Manhattan said in a two-page order Wednesday that the burden will rest with the owners rather than a trustee recovering money on behalf of thousands of cheated Madoff investors. A trial is set to begin Monday on a lawsuit seeking $1 billion from the Mets. The trustee says the Mets owners knew or should have known that Madoff was operating his multi-billion-dollar fraud. He is serving 150 years in prison.

Well boys if this happens our friends up the turnpike will get their wish. No way can Wilpon hold onto the Mets or SNY network if they lose.

phila-forever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you guys as excited as I am that Pettite is coming back? :happyshake:

Yeah PC I guess that whole "want to be with my fucking wife and kids" got a little old for Andy. The NY press has reported he has been hanging around down in Tampa for the last month.:drama:

KillerMoFo

THE 29th CREW MEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SKYDOG

Inquirer Staff Writer

CLEARWATER, Fla. - The ball was hit to Freddy Galvis' left, and in one motion he snared it, spun around, and fired perfectly to first base. Except Galvis wasn't in the middle of the diamond Thursday. He was in the grass in short right field and had a shorter throw to retire Atlanta's Chipper Jones.

A week ago, Galvis had never started a game at second base outside of Venezuela, where he played the position in street ball and a few times during winter ball. Now, as the Phillies bide time until Chase Utley decides he's ready to play, the Phillies have realized they could have a legitimate insurance plan for their ailing infield.

"It's not easy," Galvis said. "But I feel good playing over there."

And the 22-year-old infielder has won manager Charlie Manuel over.

"He has confidence," Manuel said recently. "I think he knows how good of a player he is. There's nothing fancy about it - what you see is he's steady day in and day out. I've definitely seen enough to be able to evaluate him. He's solid."

phila-forever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you know why St. Patrick is a Saint. No, it's not Beer..:spit:
[/I]

Being the good Catholic boy that I am I know the answer Lucky:

He drove the snakes out of Ireland.

Still waiting for a reply on that other matter.