• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012-13 Articles, Links, and Blogs

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to make new thread for new topics, articles, links, or blogs, but this thread could be a place for keeping these things for future reference. Kind of like a favorites or an archive of discussed topics. Any rumors you hear, game recaps, etc.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I think SF is the least talented position in the league. There's a few great, but after that, a lot of below average players.

PG and PF are much deeper, and I think SG and C are slightly deeper too.

Just based on that observation, I don't think the odds are that Hayward becomes an All-Star type player.

If he can average 14-16 points on 48% shooting, he will be pretty good and sufficient for the position (while still not being close to an All-Star).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Millsap needs to work much on offense, he's as good as he can be. His jumper is fine.

He shoots well from 10-15 feet, and 15-23 feet. I think last year was an aberration from 10-15 feet.

Hoopdata Player Stats - Paul Millsap

His defense, and ability to play defense without fouling, are his areas that can be improved.

It's nice to see him excited about the additions.

Now to see if they pan out the way he thinks they can.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Interesting situation.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have missed this from last year, but clintonite33 and dma85 (from the ESPN forums) have been friends with Greg Miller for a little over a year. They met Greg Miller via Twitter.

He's invited them to several games, courtside.

Here's an article dma85 wrote on it, with a pic of all of them at the game.

I'm not sure how often dma85 has been invited since then, but clintonite33 has been invited several times. Or the guys from one of the radio stations (I forgot which) invite him (probably not courtside).

++++++++++++++++

ALLEN: How I got to sit courtside at the Jazz game in the owner's seats

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chat: Chat with Chad Ford - SportsNation - ESPN

Jake (Salt Lake)

If the Jazz deal Millsap and/or Big Al, what should they be targeting in return? PG, perhaps? Are there any impact PG on the market right now? Thanks!
Chad Ford
(1:27 PM)

PG is the most glaring long-term need. Given the emergence of a couple of PGs in the draft -- Marcus Smart and Michael Carter-Williams -- the Jazz may be able to address that need in the draft. They own the Warriors pick (though that's increasingly looking like it won't be a lottery pick) as well as their own. Not sure if either of those guys will be there. The problem is there aren't a lot of great PGs on the trade market right now. If they wanted to upgrade at SF, they may have a better shot at landing a Rudy Gay or a Danny Granger.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed (LA)

The media does not seem to be hyped about Marcus Smart. Big PG, aggressive attacks at the basket, improving jumpshot, great leader... what gives? Good fit with the young core of the Jazz?
Chad Ford
(1:37 PM)

I'm not sure about the media, but he's No. 11 on our Big Board and has been in our Top 15 since early in the season. I wrote in my column with Jay Bilas on Monday that if he finishes strong, I think he's a Top 5 pick in this draft. Fran Fraschilla made a Chauncey Billups comparison recently and I like it. Big, physical guard who is a natural leader. He needs to improve his jumper, but it's getting better.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Marvin could do more, and even though he's not, I'm not disappointed by him.

It's the halfcourt defense that's the biggest problem, and that's a teamwide problem.

I know that people from Atlanta thought the same about his usage and the expectation of what he can do - not sure if the coaches since they know more are affecting that or if it's a real gripe. I knew he wasn't #2, but then again, I liked Bogut due to Utah ties, so I don't have a clear look at how Marvin is. I know that they hyped him a bit and I looked at the college stats and said, "why?" But I assumed they just knew more than I did, so took them at their word. Since then he has either been misused (I felt Bogut was, too) or wasn't that good. We'll see as the year goes on, it's hard to judge when he comes back due to his injury, but over time, it'll play out.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that people from Atlanta thought the same about his usage and the expectation of what he can do - not sure if the coaches since they know more are affecting that or if it's a real gripe. I knew he wasn't #2, but then again, I liked Bogut due to Utah ties, so I don't have a clear look at how Marvin is. I know that they hyped him a bit and I looked at the college stats and said, "why?" But I assumed they just knew more than I did, so took them at their word. Since then he has either been misused (I felt Bogut was, too) or wasn't that good. We'll see as the year goes on, it's hard to judge when he comes back due to his injury, but over time, it'll play out.

I don't think worrying about the 5th best starter on a seemingly lottery team is the real problem.

A teamwide issue like defense, or coaching, is the bigger issue. You can win with a 5th best starter like Marvin Williams if the other 4 players are a little better. I still think he is starter quality.