• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(2) San Jose Sharks vs (3) Detroit Redwings - Series Thread

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a deep gut feeling before the playoffs even began that it was San Jose's year. I don't listen to those deep gut feelings when they involve my boys going home early. I'm a fucking homer, I'll admit it. If I think my team has a halfway decent shot to win the Cup, I have to pick them to win it. I knew they were going to win it in '08. Deep down, I knew they were going to lose to the Pens in '09. I knew they weren't going far last year, and this year I thought they would make it to the WCFs... looks like I was wrong. But my hockey hunches are usually right. I see the Sharks taking the Canucks in a very epic series, and then going on to win the Cup this year. If I'm wrong, oh well... more Joe Choknton material I guess.

In that case, will you please cross your fingers and wish to get SJ v Boston? If the Sharks are playing there when I am in Boston, I will lose my freaking mind. I will find a way into one of those fucking games and I can almost guarantee you will either see me during the broadcast or during the evening news.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case, will you please cross your fingers and wish to get SJ v Boston? If the Sharks are playing there when I am in Boston, I will lose my freaking mind. I will find a way into one of those fucking games and I can almost guarantee you will either see me during the broadcast or during the evening news.

I can see you clawing Chief's eyes out during a game. :nod:

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see you clawing Chief's eyes out during a game. :nod:

He probably should not go to a game with me if that scenario came true. I will make a scene. One or both of us is going to end up in a fight.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably should not go to a game with me if that scenario came true. I will make a scene. One or both of us is going to end up in a fight.

No problem. So long as neither of you throws an octopus onto the ice you won't get arrested.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cuz.

Wham - Jitterbug.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone explain to me why Modano is not getting any playing time?

he is a career Shark killer, seems to make sense to play him.

not to mention he is done after this year anyways, let him get some ice time.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone explain to me why Modano is not getting any playing time?

he is a career Shark killer, seems to make sense to play him.

not to mention he is done after this year anyways, let him get some ice time.

He is old. The Red Wings are old.

OLD

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks Faceoff Wins - 35
Wings Faceoff Wins - 31

How many faceoffs did the linesmen win?

The amount of time wasted by throwing out players from both teams over and over and over was ridiculous... WTF was up with that?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is old. The Red Wings are old.

i will bet you a double down plus a five dollar taco bell box that the Wings win the next game if Modano plays...

heh, Detroit very well may win it even if he doesn't play. At this point I don't see any harm in putting him in from Detroit's perspective.

And just to be clear my post was not serious. I should have added a smiley or two. :p

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh, Detroit very well may win it even if he doesn't play. At this point I don't see any harm in putting him in from Detroit's perspective.

And just to be clear my post was not serious. I should have added a smiley or two. :p

I thought the Sharks were better the first two games and the Wings were better in this one.
They were not good enough.
Congrats so far Sharks fans.
I think this series is virtually over.
I was really hoping the Wings would come out strong and dominate tonight but the Sharks did what they need to do to win and I had a feeling faceoff's would be the key.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Sharks were better the first two games and the Wings were better in this one.
They were not good enough.
Congrats so far Sharks fans.
I think this series is virtually over.
I was really hoping the Wings would come out strong and dominate tonight but the Sharks did what they need to do to win and I had a feeling faceoff's would be the key.[/QUOTE]

why isn't Modano getting any ice time? want an answer from a Wings fan.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked the same thing about Modano a couple days ago (with him being a Sharks killer and all)...

I assume he's probably too big a defensive liability or something? Probably lost a(nother) step or two after missing half the season with that cut, etc..

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked the same thing about Modano a couple days ago (with him being a Sharks killer and all)...

I assume he's probably too big a defensive liability or something? Probably lost a(nother) step or two after missing half the season with that cut, etc..

^Modano loses 50 dkp

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get your credit card ready... tickets for finals are already $500 and up.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely no idea why Modano isn't in. He hasn't looked bad in his last few games, not as bad as he did when he originally returned from injury. That's another thing, he sat for months with his wrist problem, then he didn't look that great when he initially came back so Babcock just sat him. I think if he would have let Modano work out the kinks in his game and get 100%, he would have been rolling by the time the playoffs came around.

I honestly haven't seen anything in the press or on the blogs as to why Modano isn't playing, outside of "he hasn't looked all that good this season". Well, fuck it. The Wings dumped the first two of the series, and I called for Mike to be put back in the lineup. Switching Draper for Miller isn't exactly what I'd call a "big roster shakeup", this team needed a message sent. Now it looks like it's too late.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arresteddevelopmentsnoopy.gif

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw eddie!

i got way too drunk/stoned last night to enjoy of the game. fucking feel like shit right now