• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Playoffs Prediction (Who Claims The Throne?)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a year where we have the 73 win Warriors, a 67 win Spurs team that is arguably the best one in the Duncan and Pop era, a hungry Lebron James seeking a 6th straight finals, and a Thunder team led by Durant and Westbrook both in their absolute prime...it's hard to figure out who will come away with the championship

All the odds favor the historically great Warriors, but it's the playoffs and in a 7 game series anything can happen. Both the Spurs and Thunder have what it takes to defeat the Warriors. But they'd have to play a perfect series. The Cavs also have the personnel and formula to do it, but the odds will be stacked heavily against them. Lebron is a different beast in the playoffs though. That could end up being the difference if he can channel his inner greatness.

Who from the top 4 will claim the throne? Will there be any surprising dark horses? Can the Clippers make a run with a healthy Blake Griffin? Can the Heat surprise and continue to surge even without Bosh

Here are my first round predictions

Western Conference

(1) Golden State Warriors vs (8) Houston Rockets
- Warriors advance 4-0

(4) Los Angeles Clippers vs (5) Portland Trailblazers
- Clippers advance 4-3

(3) OKC Thunder vs (6) Dallas Mavericks
- Thunder advance 4-1

(2) San Antonio Spurs vs (7) Memphis Grizzlies
- Spurs advance 4-1

Eastern Conference

(1) Cleveland Cavaliers vs (8) Detroit Pistons
- Cavs advance 4-0

(4) Atlanta Hawks vs (5) Boston Celtics
- Celtics advance 4-3

(2) Toronto Raptors vs (7) Indiana Pacers
- Raptors advance 4-2

(3) Miami Heat vs (6) Charlotte Hornets
- Heat advance 4-2

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe a healthy Cavs can do it. But, LeBron still has no clutch gene and killer instinct, unless he shows that up in June. Otherwise;

I'm leaning on Spurs or Warriros winning the chip.