• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: San Jose Sharks vs Pittsburgh Penguins

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Errey would just be a casualty of Staggy's failure. I actually like Mike Milbury better than Staggy. lol
Mike Milbury is easily my least favorite hockey commentator. Pretty obvious he blames the Pens for ruining his coaching career. He needs to let it go, even Cam Neely admitted that it wasn't Ulf Samuelsson's fault that he messed up his knee.

BTW, I got this shot of Bob Errey at the parade...
image.jpeg

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Uncle died from a massive heart attack on Sunday morning so this Pens Cup win is sinking in late for me. Its unfortunate that my cousins will forever be reminded of their Dad's death anytime the 2016 Pens team is talked about.
I'm very sorry about that Gooch, best wishes to you & your family. It was a rough year for me as well, amazing how the Pens have the ability to raise our spirits during dark times. I've become cynical of everything as of late, but the Pens have given me something to believe in again. Even when things look bleak, things can get better & in a big way!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Milbury is easily my least favorite hockey commentator. Pretty obvious he blames the Pens for ruining his coaching career. He needs to let it go, even Cam Neely admitted that it wasn't Ulf Samuelsson's fault that he messed up his knee.

BTW, I got this shot of Bob Errey at the parade...
View attachment 128714
Love the pics you took! I always like seeing pics from the fans perspective because you get a better feel of the environment. I would had loved to be there Wednesday. Gotta make you feel like you were a part of it that is different than sitting in the stands during a game.

I have a couple pics of myself, my brother and my Dad when we decided to go to the HOF in Toronto and the Cup just happened to be there that weekend back around 1990-91.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very sorry about that Gooch, best wishes to you & your family. It was a rough year for me as well, amazing how the Pens have the ability to raise our spirits during dark times. I've become cynical of everything as of late, but the Pens have given me something to believe in again. Even when things look bleak, things can get better & in a big way!
Much appreciated man and sorry for your rough year also. I couldn't agree more how sports can be that 1 special distraction that can really help. Makes you appreciate seeing your team win more than you did in the past. I think the best part of any of the Pittsburgh teams winning means my entire family is happy at the same time. This Pens team sure has been uplifting for us all in a lot of different ways.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pics you took! I always like seeing pics from the fans perspective because you get a better feel of the environment. I would had loved to be there Wednesday. Gotta make you feel like you were a part of it that is different than sitting in the stands during a game.

I have a couple pics of myself, my brother and my Dad when we decided to go to the HOF in Toronto and the Cup just happened to be there that weekend back around 1990-91.
The Hockey HOF is amazing! Great you got pics. I went when I was 12 (back in 1998), but didn't get any pics. Went to Toronto in 2014, wish I had gone to the HOF for the pics.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much appreciated man and sorry for your rough year also. I couldn't agree more how sports can be that 1 special distraction that can really help. Makes you appreciate seeing your team win more than you did in the past. I think the best part of any of the Pittsburgh teams winning means my entire family is happy at the same time. This Pens team sure has been uplifting for us all in a lot of different ways.
That it has, I went to Dubai sad about life & my health (type 1 diabetes), but as soon as I got back, Pens became more fun to watch & I also learned to manage my carbs & sugars. Even started exercising regularly which I haven't done since college. Showed me it really is darkest before the dawn. Now I'm looking forward to the summer more than I have in years (planning to go to Colorado, might adopt a puppy when I get back, & might trade in my car for a new one). Anyways, Pens this year taught me that you should never give up hope.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hockey HOF is amazing! Great you got pics. I went when I was 12 (back in 1998), but didn't get any pics. Went to Toronto in 2014, wish I had gone to the HOF for the pics.
I would love to go back since it surely has to be even better these days but whatever the room is with the huge vault and the original Stanley Cup/all of the other trophies, I hope is stayed just the way it was back when I went. It was beautiful in there!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to go back since it surely has to be even better these days but whatever the room is with the huge vault and the original Stanley Cup/all of the other trophies, I hope is stayed just the way it was back when I went. It was beautiful in there!
Toronto is a great city, but so congested. I thought it was even busier than Times Square.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That it has, I went to Dubai sad about life & my health (type 1 diabetes), but as soon as I got back, Pens became more fun to watch & I also learned to manage my carbs & sugars. Even started exercising regularly which I haven't done since college. Showed me it really is darkest before the dawn. Now I'm looking forward to the summer more than I have in years (planning to go to Colorado, might adopt a puppy when I get back, & might trade in my car for a new one). Anyways, Pens this year taught me that you should never give up hope.
Man I know that dark feeling you are talking about all too well. Dubai must have been unreal? I have never traveled near that far but always found that traveling helped me put my problems into perspective. That alone helps me bigtime!

Toronto is a great city, but so congested. I thought it was even busier than Times Square.

I have never been to Times Square but what I remember about Toronto back then was how clean the streets were in general. Maybe its different today but like you, I thought it was a great city!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I know that dark feeling you are talking about all too well. Dubai must have been unreal? I have never traveled near that far but always found that traveling helped me put my problems into perspective. That alone helps me bigtime!

I have never been to Times Square but what I remember about Toronto back then was how clean the streets were in general. Maybe its different today but like you, I thought it was a great city!
Dubai was fun, really crazy what they got there. Surprisingly, the people of Dubai seem to like hockey!

Toronto is pretty clean for a big city but there's no room to walk & I feel sorry for anyone that has to drive there everyday.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of pup you hoping to get? I am a sucker for animals. 3 dogs, a cat and used to have a horse but had to put her down 1.5 years ago. Animals have helped me through some of my darkest moments these last handful of years.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of pup you hoping to get? I am a sucker for animals. 3 dogs, a cat and used to have a horse but had to put her down 1.5 years ago. Animals have helped me through some of my darkest moments these last handful of years.
Had a good experience with a beagle, so I'm hoping to get that again. They're very loving dogs & always filled with surprises.

Don't get one if you live in an apartment or if you can't tolerate howling tho.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a good experience with a beagle, so I'm hoping to get that again. They're very loving dogs & always filled with surprises.

Don't get one if you live in an apartment or if you can't tolerate howling tho.
One of our boys is a red bone coon hound. He is a rescue that we adopted and it has been tough to get him to not howl at every living being that walks past the house. He also hates the UPS and FEDEX trucks. Still a great dog and beagles are especially great dogs. Doesn't get much cuter than a beagle puppy! Good choice!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of our boys is a red bone coon hound. He is a rescue that we adopted and it has been tough to get him to not howl at every living being that walks past the house. He also hates the UPS and FEDEX trucks. Still a great dog and beagles are especially great dogs. Doesn't get much cuter than a beagle puppy! Good choice!
Hounds are very curious dogs that like to express themselves. People just don't understand that, they think that hounds are just crying about something. Even many dog trainers are baffled by hounds. It's a different kind of dog.