• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2)Golden State Warriors vs 7)San Antonio Spurs

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've muted the word Kawhi on Twitter....I'm even sick of seeing the dude's name.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who would bash a player because they would rather be 100% than 90% are the types of fans you should avoid.

He was cleared to play over 3 months ago.

Tony Parker had a way more serious injury and came back much faster than Kawhi....He is soon to be 36 years old

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how anyone can even defend Kawhi at this point.

Dude couldn't even be on the bench to support his teammates. What a lame

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was cleared to play over 3 months ago.

Tony Parker had a way more serious injury and came back much faster than Kawhi....He is soon to be 36 years old
He isn't cleared by his own team of doctors. So he isn't playing. People acting surprised that he's been in New York and all of a sudden should show up to the playoffs to sit in a suit and do nothing are naive. I get the support thing, but if he wasn't on the bench during the big games in the regular season, why would he suddenly show up now? If he's been given clearance to rehab in New York, I'd rather him rehab instead of seeing him twiddle his damn thumbs on the bench.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is a dude who is super quiet and never ever opens his mouth.
Tim Duncan claims to have never spoke to him.

He is a guy with most likely a clinical medical condition of introverted behavior.
We are supposed to just roll that guy out and hope he is the lead vocal cheerleader????

Being on the bench as a cheerleader is literally the worst possible thing for someone who suffer that kind of mental illness of hyper introvert behavior. Let him quietly rehab baway from cameras and microphones for his own mental health.

Mental Health is a real thing. I am happy guys like Kevin Love have started opening up about mental health.
We are going to see more and more Pharmacology treatment of athlete mental health issues.

I want him 100% physically and 100% mentally for next season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've muted the word Kawhi on Twitter....I'm even sick of seeing the dude's name.

Might want to change your screen name....

Just sayin'

Sorry bro

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win. Missed the 4th quarter. I assume the Warriors made it out of the game healthy?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao....

What talent?

Even if we land the #1 pick, gave them #12 and Tobias Harris, that still might not be enough.

Unless Pop is dying to have Boban back?

Ffs....just blow it up and draft for the future.

i_52_7d_09_kawhi-leonard.png

Consider the Los Angeles Clippers one of the many teams keeping tabs on the situation. The Clippers are planning a trade package if Leonard ultimately becomes available, according to a person with knowledge of the situation

Landing Leonard – who grew up outside of Los Angeles in Moreno Valley, hails from San Diego State and is known to be a favorite of Clippers consultant Jerry West – would be well worth the hefty price it would take to get him.Maybe the Clippers offer their two first-round picks in this June’s draft, and whatever combination of other talent the Spurs want in return. And suddenly, they’re back in Western Conference contention again

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but if KD or LeBron especially pulled this shit people would be rioting in the streets about how soft they are.

Nah, no need to riot. Everybody already knows they're soft. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not even on the bench supporting his teammates.

That is extremely suspect.

Yeah, it really feels like something is going on besides just an injury. I can't think of too many players going to their personal doctors over team doctors, let alone following what their personal doctor says over team doctors.

Add in the fact that Kawhi isn't even showing support from the bench, the whole thing seems strange.

Having said that though, the Spurs are notoriously tight lipped and Kawhi is even more tight lipped than the Spurs. So who knows? :noidea:

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who would bash a player because they would rather be 100% than 90% are the types of fans you should avoid.

I disagree. 90% in the playoffs should be more than enough. No one is 100% in the playoffs. If the 90% is a matter of pain tolerance, but there's no risk of further injury...the player should play.

It's like the difference between hurt and injured. If you're hurt, you can play. If you're injured, you can't.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. 90% in the playoffs should be more than enough. No one is 100% in the playoffs. If the 90% is a matter of pain tolerance, but there's no risk of further injury...the player should play.

It's like the difference between hurt and injured. If you're hurt, you can play. If you're injured, you can't.
We don't know how okay he is though. The 90% to 100% thing was an example. Nobody knows how he's feeling, unfortunately.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know how okay he is though. The 90% to 100% thing was an example. Nobody knows how he's feeling, unfortunately.

The problem is though, he's apparently been cleared by team doctors. It's his personal doctors that are keeping him out.

I've never heard of a player going to his own doctors over team doctors, let alone listening to them over team doctors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is though, he's apparently been cleared by team doctors. It's his personal doctors that are keeping him out.

I've never heard of a player going to his own doctors over team doctors, let alone listening to them over team doctors.

Really?

Happens all the time. That is what second opinions are for. Team doctors may not always have the players' best interest at heart. Could play is a lot different than should play. Many team doctors are incentivized to think short term where personal doctors are the opposite.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Happens all the time. That is what second opinions are for. Team doctors may not always have the players' best interest at heart. Could play is a lot different than should play. Many team doctors are incentivized to think short term where personal doctors are the opposite.

Yeah, maybe I don't pay close enough attention?

But about the only player I can think of going to "personal doctors" was when Kobe went to Europe to get that "knee voodoo" that he got a few years back.

Plus, from what I've observed, team doctors (or maybe the teams themselves) have been erring more on the side of caution than they used to as well.

I mean, I've heard a little about guys getting 2nd opinions, but not nearly as much as it apparently is happening.

Maybe Kawhi's situation is getting headlines because there seems to be such a big difference of opinion?

Even if getting a 2nd opinion is more common than I thought, the team doctors having cleared him 3 months ago and his personal doctors not having cleared him yet, seems like a pretty significant time difference.