• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2)Golden State Warriors vs 7)San Antonio Spurs

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is a dude who is super quiet and never ever opens his mouth.
Tim Duncan claims to have never spoke to him.

He is a guy with most likely a clinical medical condition of introverted behavior.
We are supposed to just roll that guy out and hope he is the lead vocal cheerleader????

Being on the bench as a cheerleader is literally the worst possible thing for someone who suffer that kind of mental illness of hyper introvert behavior. Let him quietly rehab baway from cameras and microphones for his own mental health.

Mental Health is a real thing. I am happy guys like Kevin Love have started opening up about mental health.
We are going to see more and more Pharmacology treatment of athlete mental health issues.

I want him 100% physically and 100% mentally for next season.

wait, wait....because he's sooooo introverted, it's "mental illness"??? What?? so, what, is he on the spectrum or something? Your response sounds ridiculous on its face, like you're trying waaaay too hard to defend him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe I don't pay close enough attention?

But about the only player I can think of going to "personal doctors" was when Kobe went to Europe to get that "knee voodoo" that he got a few years back.

Plus, from what I've observed, team doctors (or maybe the teams themselves) have been erring more on the side of caution than they used to as well.

I mean, I've heard a little about guys getting 2nd opinions, but not nearly as much as it apparently is happening.

Maybe Kawhi's situation is getting headlines because there seems to be such a big difference of opinion?

Even if getting a 2nd opinion is more common than I thought, the team doctors having cleared him 3 months ago and his personal doctors not having cleared him yet, seems like a pretty significant time difference.

I think what makes this situation so weird and so unique is that it is Kawhi and he is nonverbal. No other athlete would allow this much media speculation to go on without some sort of public comment to clarify his situation. If he were to say something, anything, I think he would put a lot of minds at ease one way or another.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my liquid crack aka Starbucks and ready to bet some games!!!!

Love this place, fuck Fan Nation.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what makes this situation so weird and so unique is that it is Kawhi and he is nonverbal. No other athlete would allow this much media speculation to go on without some sort of public comment to clarify his situation. If he were to say something, anything, I think he would put a lot of minds at ease one way or another.

Agree. Like I said earlier, it's the leagues most tight lipped team and a player that's even more tight lipped than they are. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop really not fucking with Kawhi anymore lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and it almost feels like he's trying to force his way out of SA. Why else would you purposely not communicate with the TEAM on when you'll be ready to play again - at the very least give them a timeline? Sounds suspect to me.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and it almost feels like he's trying to force his way out of SA. Why else would you purposely not communicate with the TEAM on when you'll be ready to play again - at the very least give them a timeline? Sounds suspect to me.
I'mma say this again:

It's HIS DOCTORS. His doctors are advising him to stay in New York and rehab the injury. The Spurs are suggesting him to do the same.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'mma say this again:

It's HIS DOCTORS. His doctors are advising him to stay in New York and rehab the injury. The Spurs are suggesting him to do the same.
And I'm say this: WHO GIVES A CRAP???? At the end of the day he still has a contractual obligation to THE SPURS. So, they should be getting regular updates on his recovery. It's simple - and shouldn't require excuse after excuse from fans or anyone else.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm say this: WHO GIVES A CRAP???? At the end of the day he still has a contractual obligation to THE SPURS. So, they should be getting regular updates on his recovery. It's simple - and shouldn't require excuse after excuse from fans or anyone else.
Who says they're not getting updated? Just because we don't hear about every little detail doesn't mean that they don't know what's going on. Pop is gonna let Kawhi speak on the matter when he sees fit. Unfortunately for us fans, that means we wait because he's not a vocal guy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says they're not getting updated? Just because we don't hear about every little detail doesn't mean that they don't know what's going on. Pop is gonna let Kawhi speak on the matter when he sees fit. Unfortunately for us fans, that means we wait because he's not a vocal guy.
lol so you think he's been in contact with SA & they've just been leading everyone else on all along? Ok.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so you think he's been in contact with SA & they've just been leading everyone else on all along? Ok.
Do I think Pop and company have been in the know the entire time? Yes. I do. Do I think they've been leading everyone along? No. They've not chosen to shut him down until now because they weren't sure if he would be good to go in time. Obviously they know now. So they're shutting him down.

Look I'm as frustrated as anyone else about the entire thing. I'm just saying I'm not ready to give up on the dude yet.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Pop and company have been in the know the entire time? Yes. I do. Do I think they've been leading everyone along? No. They've not chosen to shut him down until now because they weren't sure if he would be good to go in time. Obviously they know now. So they're shutting him down.

Look I'm as frustrated as anyone else about the entire thing. I'm just saying I'm not ready to give up on the dude yet.
Well, good luck with that. I guess there's always next season.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good luck with that. I guess there's always next season.
One can hope. If not, hope like hell we get someone really really good in exchange. It's gonna sting if he isn't in a Spur uniform next season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course Pop knows. Nobody is suggesting Kawhi is AWOL.

But, if Pop agreed that Kawhi was really hurt, he would not have his condescending sarcastic tone while addressing it. Parker and Ginobili would not have spoke out the way they did a few weeks ago.

I would be willing to bet Kawhi is in another uniform next year. I also think you are in denial. There is clearly a problem here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, if Pop agreed that Kawhi was really hurt, he would not have his condescending sarcastic tone while addressing it. Parker and Ginobili would not have spoke out the way they did a few weeks ago.

I would be willing to bet Kawhi is in another uniform next year. I also think you are in denial. There is clearly a problem here.

Yep. The fact that any question about Kawhi, his response is always "you need to ask Kawhi and his team" is a huge red flag for me if I'm a Spurs fan

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I don't think he's a Spur next season. Also, do you think the SA organization has felt some kinda way that Kawhi went against the team & decided to use his own doctors & stay out? We've never seen something like this in this organization. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not saying nothing is wrong, cause clearly something is. Just saying like I said above that I'm still holding out hope that this all eventually blows over in the off-season and him and Pop have a sit-down like he did with Aldridge and he signs the supermax. Everything is forgiven then.

I'm totally okay with people saying I'm in denial if I still wanna support him and wait to see what happens.