• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2)Golden State Warriors vs 7)San Antonio Spurs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SPURS would beat the crap out of Minnesota and Portland. Those are favorable matchups even without Leonard. They handled them all season. I was actively rooting for Portland.

They could hang with Houston, OKC and New Orleans. The Spurs know how to outcoach any D'Antoni team. NOLA and OKC would come down to whomever had homecourt winning the series.

UTAH and GOLDEN STATE were the two worst possible matchups for San Antonio.

Far from the weakest team.

It is all about matchups as usual.
And Portland smoked the Warriors on more than one occasion so they are a tougher matchup for the Warriors. S.A. is the best matchup for the Warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of what im posting makes sense...but it doesn't fit the media's narrative. So believe what you want.

I just don't see Kawhi re-signing with the Spurs. The TNT crew is right. Team doctors in every sport on every team just wants you back out on the court/field as soon as possible.

Doesn't surprise me that Kawhi did his due diligence and got a 2nd opinion. If it's true that Kawhi's injury is more severe than initially indicated and that instead of understanding this, the Spurs players and personnel take subtle public jabs at him, I just can't see him going back to that. If IT will be known for anything, it's that putting the team first will cost you money down the road - Kawhi sees this.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of what im posting makes sense...but it doesn't fit the media's narrative. So believe what you want.

First, I trust the Spurs medical team. They wouldn't jeopardize his career just for a few extra wins this year.

Second, even if his injury is worse and the Spurs' doctors are wrong, it doesn't excuse him from not being in the bench supporting his teammates.

Obviously we don't know what has happened behind closed doors, but IMO Kawhi is sour and right now doesn't feel like he's part of the team.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great second half response for the Warriors last night. Spurs came out and played phenomenal on defense in the first half. Luckily for the Warriors both Durant and Klay decided to go off and helped push them to victory.

If there was some concern it was a lack of a third reliable scorer for large chunks of the game. Andre had a great first quarter, but didn't really score again until the 4th quarter. Javale had some nice production but its also a result of Klay and KD scoring well and bringing the defense out on them to leave him open.

I'm really hoping Quinn Cook can step up in that Ian Clark role for the Warriors. Swag looks like he's out of the rotation for now, with good reason. If Quinn can give a solid 8-10 points off the bench a night, that will go a long ways even when Steph returns. Crazy to say a 2-way contract guy has become such an integral part of the team, but I believe he is.

Lastly, Looney has been kind of a concern. Hasn't really played a great 2 games thus far. With David West having a slight ankle issue now the depth at the big position is a concern too. If Looney struggles for another game, we could see a Jordan Bell sighting.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team is likely gonna win by 20. And the series in 5 at least.

Why complain about the refs? Y'all got this.
So just because your team can't win they should be allowed to get away with fouling?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who want more info about Kawhi's injury:

And who is this putting out this info? How do we know this is even accurate in relation to Kawhi's injury if he nor the team are communicating with the media?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just because your team can't win they should be allowed to get away with fouling?

I didn't think either team was overly egregious with their fouls. Thought it was physical playoff basketball. Thought the Spurs got away with some and the Warriors got away with some too.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an indictment on Pop in the slightest. But in this particular series, the Dubs are playing with 3 all star players.

Iggy and West aren't playing at peak levels; at least comparable to what their respective peaks were. But they're still rather efficient.
Iggy has actually played great these two games. Clearly he saved his energy all year for the playoffs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Media's narrative is all we have to go on.

Who is this person that posted this info?

He looks to be a Spurs homer, not a member of the media or even affiliated with the San Antonio franchise, who is extremely pro Kawhi based on his screen name.

@klawhinot doesn't inspire confidence that he can be objective.

Reactions: LAD

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can say what they want about Kawhi... But he's man of principle by how this looks.

And that trait is fucking rare in today's world. I wish I had that trait.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Media's narrative is all we have to go on.

Who is this person that posted this info?

He looks to be a Spurs homer, not a member of the media or even affiliated with the San Antonio franchise, who is extremely pro Kawhi based on his screen name.

@klawhinot doesn't inspire confidence that he can be objective.
I asked the same question.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at Pop taking shots at Kawhi btw. The dude single-handily saved the Spurs franchise.

Yep. He won't suit up for them again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I trust the Spurs medical team. They wouldn't jeopardize his career just for a few extra wins this year.

Second, even if his injury is worse and the Spurs' doctors are wrong, it doesn't excuse him from not being in the bench supporting his teammates.

Obviously we don't know what has happened behind closed doors, but IMO Kawhi is sour and right now doesn't feel like he's part of the team.

Of course you trust the Spurs medical team, you're a homer.

Second, if his injury is worse, than what's the problem with him rehabbing it.

Also, last I checked, Kawhi's not going out of his way to bash his teammates. Parker for example looks like an asshat now if the latest report is true on Kawhi's degenerative condition.

You should've just erased this whole post and stuck with "we don't know what has happened behind closed doors".

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy has actually played great these two games. Clearly he saved his energy all year for the playoffs.

I didn't see the whole game, just the 1st half. He looked really good from what I saw. But in its entirety, this is a down year for him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great second half response for the Warriors last night. Spurs came out and played phenomenal on defense in the first half. Luckily for the Warriors both Durant and Klay decided to go off and helped push them to victory.

If there was some concern it was a lack of a third reliable scorer for large chunks of the game. Andre had a great first quarter, but didn't really score again until the 4th quarter. Javale had some nice production but its also a result of Klay and KD scoring well and bringing the defense out on them to leave him open.

I'm really hoping Quinn Cook can step up in that Ian Clark role for the Warriors. Swag looks like he's out of the rotation for now, with good reason. If Quinn can give a solid 8-10 points off the bench a night, that will go a long ways even when Steph returns. Crazy to say a 2-way contract guy has become such an integral part of the team, but I believe he is.

Lastly, Looney has been kind of a concern. Hasn't really played a great 2 games thus far. With David West having a slight ankle issue now the depth at the big position is a concern too. If Looney struggles for another game, we could see a Jordan Bell sighting.

All the more reason for the Dubs to try and shoot for the sweep. Health is important and the extra rest helps the Warriors.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think either team was overly egregious with their fouls. Thought it was physical playoff basketball. Thought the Spurs got away with some and the Warriors got away with some too.
Well I saw more than a couple of pushing fouls from SA that led to rebounding position without being called. They were pretty obvious too.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I saw more than a couple of pushing fouls from SA that led to rebounding position without being called. They were pretty obvious too.

Fair enough, but IMO, I didn't see anything really that bad. Some pushing is to be expected and additional physicality in the post is going to happen.

The Warriors were very physical with LA, but he still did his thing. The Spurs were very physical with the guards up top, but that's the playoffs for you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but IMO, I didn't see anything really that bad. Some pushing is to be expected and additional physicality in the post is going to happen.

The Warriors were very physical with LA, but he still did his thing. The Spurs were very physical with the guards up top, but that's the playoffs for you.

Yep exactly. Being a soft defensive team gets you nowhere in the playoffs.