• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should petition the basketball gods for forgiveness after that sacrilege they put on in those final 40 ish seconds. Just mind numbingly dumb and bad basketball
Yeah Maxey has to be stronger on the ball when he’s getting fouled. Nick Nurse has to really make it clear he’s calling time out. None of that is on the professionals charged with officiating the game. You need to be committed to getting time outs called in the playoffs. If you have to run through two handfuls of jersey in the Garden, that’s a foul. But if you only get grabbed with one handful of jersey you have to play through that shit.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Maxey has to be stronger on the ball when he’s getting fouled. Nick Nurse has to really make it clear he’s calling time out. None of that is on the professionals charged with officiating the game. You need to be committed to getting time outs called in the playoffs. If you have to run through two handfuls of jersey in the Garden, that’s a foul. But if you only get grabbed with one handful of jersey you have to play through that shit.

They played panicked like they had never closed out a game before

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to see Divincenzo play well I liked him on the Warriors

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played panicked like they had never closed out a game before
No doubt. You have to play through getting grabbed as you try and play the ball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the Garden. You know that you aren’t getting calls there. Maxey has to be strong on the basketball there and not put it in hands of refs to whistle in the Garden. He has to do a better job.

Sixers aren’t down 0-2 because of calls. A slanted whistle is the way of the NBA. You have to play through it.

This is the correct outlook.

Was Maxey held?

Yes.

Can you bank on getting that call on the road in a playoff game?

No.

And Nurse’s timeout call was late. Ball was already getting knocked loose. He needed to call it at least a second early to have any chance of being granted.

6ers can blame the refs, or they can be accountable and play better.

1 of these will help them get back in the series.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the correct outlook.

Was Maxey held?

Yes.

Can you bank on getting that call on the road in a playoff game?

No.

And Nurse’s timeout call was late. Ball was already getting knocked loose. He needed to call it at least a second early to have any chance of being granted.
You have to be specific because he attempted to make two time out calls.
6ers can blame the refs, or they can be accountable and play better.

1 of these will help them get back in the series.
Agreed. Let the narrative take care of the official shit. There’s no way the basketball universe is going to look at Brunson continuing to grift for fouls and reward that kind of play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Brunson is 16-55 in this series at home. Somebody owes Becky Hammond an apology. She was absolutely right about this dude.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true then this is unacceptable from the refs. How do you not grant a timeout being call before the ball was inbounded and people wonder why I hate refs.

Nick Nurse calliing out the refs. Only thing they care about is going 6 or 7 games. Have to gift the Knicks two to do that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I thought I saw on the TNT replay....Maxey clearly gets fouled here

If his name is Brunson then he goes to the line for 2

The officiating in this series been a disgrace

It's really fucked up how bad the refs were. Such a shit league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be specific because he attempted to make two time out calls.

Agreed. Let the narrative take care of the official shit. There’s no way the basketball universe is going to look at Brunson continuing to grift for fouls and reward that kind of play.

Looked like the first time he was standing there signaling half heartedly toward the baseline.

Not toward the official that is right next to him.

When he stepped up the urgency and moved toward the official right next to him, Maxey had already lost the ball.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like the first time he was standing there signaling half heartedly toward the baseline.
He makes a time out call before Lowry inbounds the ball. He makes a time out call after Maxey is bumped by Hart and on the ground with clear possession of the ball.
Not toward the official that is right next to him.
Not his responsibility. In that setting, an official has to have an eye on the inbounding coach. My wife’s cousin is an official and she absolutely confirmed that for me last night. Three people in a crew and with where the Sixers bench was there is no excuse for them not to see EITHER time out.
When he stepped up the urgency and moved toward the official right next to him, Maxey had already lost the ball.
You mean when he wasn’t granted either of the time outs he called. He should have walked on to the court and demanded to be seen. I mean is that where we are now in bending over backwards to defend the incompetence of these crews?!?!?!?

Embiid and Batum in their post game comments both attest to being on the court and screaming time out.

It is what it is. It’s the human element of the game and the Sixers got fucked.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes a time out call before Lowry inbounds the ball. He makes a time out call after Maxey is bumped by Hart and on the ground with clear possession of the ball.

Not his responsibility. In that setting, an official has to have an eye on the inbounding coach. My wife’s cousin is an official and she absolutely confirmed that for me last night. Three people in a crew and with where the Sixers bench was there is no excuse for them not to see EITHER time out.

You mean when he wasn’t granted either of the time outs he called. He should have walked on to the court and demanded to be seen. I mean is that where we are now in bending over backwards to defend the incompetence of these crews?!?!?!?

Embiid and Batum in their post game comments both attest to being on the court and screaming time out.

It is what it is. It’s the human element of the game and the Sixers got fucked.

Yes, I agree that the official should be looking at him.

But his signal is awkward.

It is a sidewise T that looks like a set call.

So it is easy for an official to “ignore it” when Nurse is casually looking at the play with his hands up and not acting more urgently to get a timeout.

In all my years coaching, when you want a timeout, you seek the official out and make sure they see you.

Nurse didn’t do that.

Until the ball was lost.