• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 1) Bucks vs 8) Heat

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree.

Giannis isn’t playing.

I don’t care who has home court.

You aren’t beating the Bucks in a best of 5 if Giannis plays all 5 and Herro plays 0.

Tonight is the Heat’s opportunity to gain a real advantage. They need to make the most of it.

Right, exactly what I’m saying. I’ll make one caveat if Giannis plays through his injury at much less than 100 percent, Miami could beat him in 3 of 5.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotten performance from the Heat. No Giannes, they should have put their foot on the Bucks throat and went for the kill. Bucks wouldn't have won 4 in a row even with Giannes. Stupid. Never be satisfied with just one on the road when you're team aint that good and the opponent is missing it's best player

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're the 8th seed there are no must win games. You are literally expected to be swept or lose in 5

Give me a break. You just said that the series is over if Miami goes up 2-0 and now you’re this massive underdog playing with house money.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break. You just said that the series is over if Miami goes up 2-0 and now you’re this massive underdog playing with house money.

They always been the underdog and became a bigger underdog when Herro broke his hand. The only way they win games in this series is if they shoot the 3 ball incredibly. I am obviously biased so I usually will have more confidence in my team than someone who isn't a heat fan

8th seeds are expected to lose in fairly short series. Are you debating this? 8th seeds aren't expecting to play in 6 or 7 game series

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks can't possibly shoot this good in the 2nd half.......try to cut it down to 15 by end of the 3rd.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Giannis- so Brook Lopez is just whooping Bam's ass. 12 of 17 from the opposing center. Where is the vaunted D?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They always been the underdog and became a bigger underdog when Herro broke his hand. The only way they win games in this series is if they shoot the 3 ball incredibly. I am obviously biased so I usually will have more confidence in my team than someone who isn't a heat fan

8th seeds are expected to lose in fairly short series. Are you debating this? 8th seeds aren't expecting to play in 6 or 7 game series
what?????

yah losing Herro is obvious huge---- but its not even NEAR what Giannis is- not in the same universe. Miami has what you have argued is the 2 best players on the floor in Butler and Bam.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?????

yah losing Herro is obvious huge---- but its not even NEAR what Giannis is- not in the same universe. Miami has what you have argued is the 2 best players on the floor in Butler and Bam.

role players matter.

Yeah Miami top 2 without Giannis is the same or better than Milwaukee but 3-10? Milwaukee is wayyyy better

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're the 8th seed there are no must win games. You are literally expected to be swept or lose in 5

I mean…

Yes.

But you won the first game.

And Giannis was out for the second.

Golden opportunity to go up 2-0 and actually have a chance to win the series.

That not very likely now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?????

Instead of taking guesses just look at the data. The Bucks have a scheme and a plan for how they play with no Giannis because he’s missed almost twenty games this year in the regular season. The data says they play with greater pace and are actually probably a top ten team in the league WITHOUT Giannis. With Giannis they’re a top 2 team in the league. With Herro the Heat are barely a top 15 team. The Heat struggle to score. They can’t do shit without Herro’s 17-22 a game. They only way they make that up is if on and off shooters like Strus Vincent or Dunc go off. Giannis >>>>> Herro. Everybody knows that. But in terms of the biggest impact in a lost player it’s likely Herro from the Heat lineup.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the situation in terms of probabilities, not general expectations.

Say you have a genie that grants you there will be a game 7 vs. the Bucks as well as a choice of where game 7 is played. Either it is in Milwaukee without Giannis or it is in Miami. Which option for this do or die matchup gives you the higher probability of advancing?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of taking guesses just look at the data. The Bucks have a scheme and a plan for how they play with no Giannis because he’s missed almost twenty games this year in the regular season. The data says they play with greater pace and are actually probably a top ten team in the league WITHOUT Giannis. With Giannis they’re a top 2 team in the league. With Herro the Heat are barely a top 15 team. The Heat struggle to score. They can’t do shit without Herro’s 17-22 a game. They only way they make that up is if on and off shooters like Strus Vincent or Dunc go off. Giannis >>>>> Herro. Everybody knows that. But in terms of the biggest impact in a lost player it’s likely Herro from the Heat lineup.
how often in a series do you think the team with the 2 best players osn the floor loses?

Bust me out a %?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how often in a series do you think the team with the 2 best players osn the floor loses?

Bust me out a %?
Nope. Because it deflects from this particular situation. I already posted what makes this particular circumstance unique. The Bucks have the best defense in the league. The Heat have been wonky and inconsistent on offense all season. When you remove Herro's steady production that means you need Butler plus one other piece to exceed their scoring average. That's difficult to do when you're already worried about guys like Strus Vincent Dunc hitting their averages themselves. Bam isn't that guy you can count on to go give you 30 in his matchup with Lopez, likely an All-NBA defender this season. Giannis is a big loss. No one is saying that he isn't. But that won't be realized here. Heat just don't have enough to overcome the loss of Herro. The Bucks have the much better roster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Because it deflects from this particular situation. I already posted what makes this particular circumstance unique. The Bucks have the best defense in the league. The Heat have been wonky and inconsistent on offense all season. When you remove Herro's steady production that means you need Butler plus one other piece to exceed their scoring average. That's difficult to do when you're already worried about guys like Strus Vincent Dunc hitting their averages themselves. Bam isn't that guy you can count on to go give you 30 in his matchup with Lopez, likely an All-NBA defender this season. Giannis is a big loss. No one is saying that he isn't. But that won't be realized here. Heat just don't have enough to overcome the loss of Herro. The Bucks have the much better roster.
thought so. blah blah blah

how often does the team with the 2 best players on the court lose a playoff series?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought so. blah blah blah

how often does the team with the 2 best players on the court lose a playoff series?
How often do you argue with dumb dumbs who are so stupid that they let you pivot to bull shit without calling you out?

You’re making the dumbest argument ever. You want to dismiss the dynamics of THIS particular situation to try and talk about generalities.

7D3115CB-5E73-4D1B-AF91-EE63CABD3F2A.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do you argue with dumb dumbs who are so stupid that they let you pivot to bull shit without calling you out?

You’re making the dumbest argument ever. You want to dismiss the dynamics of THIS particular situation to try and talk about generalities.

View attachment 326606

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to ask me another dozen times before I answer your irrelevant question.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to ask me another dozen times before I answer your irrelevant question.
the NBA is nothing if not a league powered by star power.

If you are relying on any kind of general rule - in the HISTORY of the NBA- its the team with the best player in a series wins the vast majority of the time.

Its hilarious you trying to frame it as irrelevant- especially when its the TWO best players on the court.

its like trying to argue- hey - yah- they might have hit more homers but we had WAAAY less wild pitches in a baseball series.

laughable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NBA is nothing if not a league powered by star power.

If you are relying on any kind of general rule - in the HISTORY of the NBA- its the team with the best player in a series wins the vast majority of the time.

Its hilarious you trying to frame it as irrelevant- especially when its the TWO best players on the court.

its like trying to argue- hey - yah- they might have hit more homers but we had WAAAY less wild pitches in a baseball series.

laughable.
I don’t care about general rules. I’m assessing the current Bucks/Heat matchup. You just want to troll because you hate the Heat.