• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'14 AL Central Smack Talk Thread

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo
Kinsler
Cabrera
Vmart
Hunter
Castellanos
Dirks (or whoever)
Avila
Inglesias

ok, switched out one player, lol, its unreal alright...much better than last years and extremely possible.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a so called Royals fan..you sure seem to think you know all about the Tigers.

I cant blame you jumping on the wagon. every body wants to be a winner.

Don't think Hosmer is going to lead them past 3rd place

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a so called Royals fan..you sure seem to think you know all about the Tigers.

I cant blame you jumping on the wagon. every body wants to be a winner.

Don't think Hosmer is going to lead them past 3rd place

lol

I play in a 30 team dynasty league, 50 players a team, and a 14 team 58 player league..I know more baseball players and patterns than I ever wanted to know...

I am a fan of all of baseball...I don't hate the tigers team (but don't like Jackson, Fielder, Avila so they narrowed down the players I don't like) but Miggy is one of the best players in the last decade...some of the too homerish tigers fans on the other hand, well except you Dougie...you kick ass.

and yes...hosmer, Shields, Butler, Perez will lead them, not only to 2nd place but to a wild card this year...book it.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying
Michigan blew by florida state in the Purto rico tip off classic.
Michigan plays in the championship game.

this wolverines team looks tough. another tourney final??????????????????

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I play in a 30 team dynasty league, 50 players a team, and a 14 team 58 player league..I know more baseball players and patterns than I ever wanted to know...

I am a fan of all of baseball...I don't hate the tigers team (but don't like Jackson, Fielder, Avila so they narrowed down the players I don't like) but Miggy is one of the best players in the last decade...some of the too homerish tigers fans on the other hand, well except you Dougie...you kick ass.

since you know more players and ptaerns than you ever wanted o now.

know this Fielder is not a Tiger any more... YW

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying
Michigan blew by florida state in the Purto rico tip off classic.
Michigan plays in the championship game.

this wolverines team looks tough. another tourney final??????????????????

"Michigan blew"...oh, you meant the football team.

UM will probably end up 7-5 and go to the 'Who Gives a Crap' Bowl in Bumfuck, Idaho. Too bad they would refuse an invite from the Motor City Bowl in Detroit....they know they'd get whipped by any MAC team.
:bawling:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably? is that your prediction? little Ronnie??

looks like another of your predictions that you will be wring on.

Iowa is going to get one broke off in them this week.

as for hoops..the return of Mcfary has this team on fire!!!!!!!!!!
Izzo is ascared

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typo NcGary. dam ashes from my cigs have covered up my key board..

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right about UM on Saturday. Rumor around campus is that Hoke is replacing Gardner with bean-bag chair. Offense should be much better.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since you know more players and ptaerns than you ever wanted o now.

know this Fielder is not a Tiger any more... YW

don't worry, I am used to helping you read....(but don't like Jackson, Fielder, Avila so they narrowed down the players I don't like)

Narrowed down, the 3 that I listed because they got rid of 1 out of the 3...

Don't worry, by the end of the Iowa game (and that is my college team, lol, who would have thought)...I am sure you will be able to read the numbers.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Royals actually did sign Beltran, A Butler/Lough trade is imminent.

I think the Tigers are going to be a player on Beltran before it's over. He will not want a long term deal and this could be his best shot at getting back to the world series. If Detroit were to make a splash in FA my guess it would have to be a short term commitment that allows them to address Scherzer or Cabby in the offseason.

Rumor in the paper about Cano being at Willow run airport. Can't buy it, not after the Kinsler trade.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Tigers are going to be a player on Beltran before it's over. He will not want a long term deal and this could be his best shot at getting back to the world series. If Detroit were to make a splash in FA my guess it would have to be a short term commitment that allows them to address Scherzer or Cabby in the offseason.

Rumor in the paper about Cano being at Willow run airport. Can't buy it, not after the Kinsler trade.

There is a rumor that the he wants a 3 or even 4 year deal. Yankees and RSOX won't go past 2.

Many teams pursuing Beltran; his old Royals look like a real threat - CBSSports.com

"The Rangers, Mariners and especially his old Royals could become real threats to keep star free-agent outfielder Carlos Beltran from returning east to the Yankees or Red Sox, according to people familiar with his talks.
Kansas City is believed serious in its intention to bring him back. "They are in on him for sure," said one person familiar with the discussions.
Beltran is said by a source to have requested a four-year deal, though it's believed he'd probably take the right three-year deal, if offered. The Royals went four years on mid-rotation pitcher Jason Vargas, who had an ailment last year, so it seems conceivable they'd go more than two for Beltran, their former star."

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Royals would be a tough team to beat if they are willing to go 3-4 years. He would stay in the general area and look to finish out his career. But I am not sure even the Royals will go 3-4 years.

I wonder if the Royals had to do it over would they trade Meyers for Shields?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Royals would be a tough team to beat if they are willing to go 3-4 years. He would stay in the general area and look to finish out his career. But I am not sure even the Royals will go 3-4 years.

Their philosophy would appear to be that Shields helps establish a winning culture and they seem to value that (real or not) so yes, I think they would. What might be different is Odorrizzi and Davis may have been left alone.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougie.....what happen to Michigans heart...21-24 Iowa...no worries, I told you before they played, you shouldn't have been shocked.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they get Shields to sign on for more years, hands down a great win-win trade for both clubs, which they should be working on if they are not.

If they don't sign him longer, will depend on what they get for Shields in a trade.

Royals won more games with Shields than Myers in 1 season so far, if season 2 goes better...it was worth it...

Alex Gordon would have been about the only other player the Royals could have given up to get someone like Shields...they weren't going to give up Hosmer, Butler, Moose or Perez..came down to Myers or Gordon that would have been reasonable...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a guy that liked the Alexander for Smoltz trade when they made it, I ended up regretting it as for the next 15 years I had to watch Smoltz be a All Star!

And the Tigers didn't win the series with Alexander.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougie.....what happen to Michigans heart...21-24 Iowa...no worries, I told you before they played, you shouldn't have been shocked.

michigan has been an utter disaster all year long. they were lucky it was as close as it was -- UM forced 4 turnovers, which is the only reason they were able to score 21.

ohio state may be favored by 3 or 4 tds playing michigan on the road. THAT is how bad UM is.