• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 13 Virginia Tech @ 10 Miami - ABC 8pm

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt better get on these kids about the mistakes! Too many of them. Be smoked in any title games if they played like this.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs have a flag quota? Let's see.

vOptix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirty ass Miami. Sickening.

vOptix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is sickening. Dirty players.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shows something, ball game after 60 mins. This team is for real! Swag is back, talent is back, now titles need to come back. That is what it takes.

Miami is not back until titles come.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Va Tech not giving up. Very well coached team.

Fuck our coaches. If anyone wants Fuente go ahead and take him. He and his G5 staff don't know how to play good opponents. JV coaching staff which coaches and recruits at a JV level

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shows something, ball game after 60 mins. This team is for real! Swag is back, talent is back, now titles need to come back. That is what it takes.

Miami is not back until titles come.

Idk man, Miami looks pretty back.

vOptix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO I'M MAD THAT OUR OFFENSE IS PURE SHIT. Fuck Josh Jackson. Overrated slow ass Logan Thomas wannabe.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gg hokies! Great defense and coach. Look forward to more high stakes games in future. Good coaches at both schools.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOO CANES! HYPE AND DRINKS!

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought VT would win this game, but UM defense looked stout

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Miami. You guys were the better team. Hope you beat the piss out of ND and Clemson. I was very unimpressed with the game calling and what appeared to be a lack of preparation by VT. Fuente and Cornelson were very stubborn in terms of play calling tonight. Our lack of a vertical passing game with Jackson is also concerning. I feel like Bush should have split some reps as he was called by Fu as the best athlete on the team. If so, why the fuck do you sit him???

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Miami. You guys were the better team. Hope you beat the piss out of ND and Clemson. I was very unimpressed with the game calling and what appeared to be a lack of preparation by VT. Fuente and Cornelson were very stubborn in terms of play calling tonight. Our lack of a vertical passing game with Jackson is also concerning. I feel like Bush should have split some reps as he was called by Fu as the best athlete on the team. If so, why the fuck do you sit him???

Jackson is a better passer than Bush. Bush honestly should see the field. The problem was they stubbornly wouldn't call any passes for Jackson tonight. They just kept running the ball despite mountains of evidence it wasn't working. Just a very poor game from a play calling and game management perspective tonight.

I give Miami a lot of credit. They showed up to play and despite some mistakes, their talent won out. We were just too sloppy (fucking make a damn tackle) to make up for it.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is a better passer than Bush. Bush honestly should see the field. The problem was they stubbornly wouldn't call any passes for Jackson tonight. They just kept running the ball despite mountains of evidence it wasn't working. Just a very poor game from a play calling and game management perspective tonight.

I give Miami a lot of credit. They showed up to play and despite some mistakes, their talent won out. We were just too sloppy (fucking make a damn tackle) to make up for it.

I was shocked by Hokies playcalling, offensively. Very conservative, and a bit timid. Say what you want about Miami's mistakes, they came out guns ablaze. Techs defense was really stout though, must be said.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked by Hokies playcalling, offensively. Very conservative, and a bit timid. Say what you want about Miami's mistakes, they came out guns ablaze. Techs defense was really stout though, must be said.

It was really dumb. We don't have a true #1 back and haven't had a solid run game all year yet that's all we were doing tonight. Jackson has been successful all year both running and passing. I know Miami's D is good against the pass but that's no excuse to not get creative with multiple looks like screens, moving the pocket, play action, etc. I don't know if we would have won because Miami played pretty well overall but the game should have been a lot closer had it had smarter play calling on our part.

Jackson is a better passer than Bush. Bush honestly should see the field.

Clean up on my part @amszete . It should say "should NOT see the field". Big difference, lol

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really dumb. We don't have a true #1 back and haven't had a solid run game all year yet that's all we were doing tonight. Jackson has been successful all year both running and passing. I know Miami's D is good against the pass but that's no excuse to not get creative with multiple looks like screens, moving the pocket, play action, etc. I don't know if we would have won because Miami played pretty well overall but the game should have been a lot closer had it had smarter play calling on our part.

Clean up on my part @amszete . It should say "should NOT see the field". Big difference, lol
I agree with your point on the play calling, however I feel there is no reason not to have Bush on the field or get creative with the play calling (i.e. with having both qbs, etc.). I am interested to see why you think he doesn't belong on the field or in passing situations? Everything I have seen from the Spring Game to games where he has played I feel he has played pretty well. This doesn't mean that Bush would replace Jackson, but with having an athlete like Bush around and not having some plays that can throw the defense off to me (or some level of creativity) is unacceptable. I hope to see our OC and Fu adapt a bit better in the future...