• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12/22/14 Dubs vs. Kings 7:30 tip

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poppin the game thread cherry.

Couple of interesting things going on here:

1) How do the Warriors defend Cousins with no Bogut?
2) How will David Lee's return impact the team?

Boogie is capable of going for 40 tonight. As long as we stop the role players, we'll be in good shape.

108 - 95 Warriors.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found out that Justin Holiday's middle name is Alaric. It's the same name as a Visigoth king. I wonder what the story is behind his middle name.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressed with the efforts turned in by Holiday and Ezili last night. I was not expecting that at all.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressed with the efforts turned in by Holiday and Ezili last night. I was not expecting that at all.

Ezeli for me was the much bigger surprise. I knew he had a good touch around the basket, the problem is him hanging on the ball long enough for him to do something.

Many of his buckets were little dump offs, reminiscent of Andris Biedrins in his best years. If Ezeli can sort of duplicate that sort of production, that's going to tremendously help out team. We're not going to need 15 from him every night but if he can give us 6-8 pts, with good rebounding and rim protecting, that's going to put us that much closer as a team to the ultimate goal.

Holiday has been earning his minutes, most likely through practice. If he can come around and put together a consistent effort, his athleticism and defensive ability would be much preferred over Rush and Barbosa. His body type really fits the defensive scheme Kerr has in place. If he's able to knock down the outside shot and get to the rim occasionally on a consistent basis, he has potential to slide into the back up 2 role.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezeli for me was the much bigger surprise. I knew he had a good touch around the basket, the problem is him hanging on the ball long enough for him to do something.

Many of his buckets were little dump offs, reminiscent of Andris Biedrins in his best years. If Ezeli can sort of duplicate that sort of production, that's going to tremendously help out team. We're not going to need 15 from him every night but if he can give us 6-8 pts, with good rebounding and rim protecting, that's going to put us that much closer as a team to the ultimate goal.

Holiday has been earning his minutes, most likely through practice. If he can come around and put together a consistent effort, his athleticism and defensive ability would be much preferred over Rush and Barbosa. His body type really fits the defensive scheme Kerr has in place. If he's able to knock down the outside shot and get to the rim occasionally on a consistent basis, he has potential to slide into the back up 2 role.

That is what we still need for the second unit; someone who can do that consistently. Any type of offensive production from Ezili will be great but it is a necessity, if Bogut doesn't come back, that Ezili can protect the rim, block shots and rebound.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Well, "my man", Festus is showing signs of an offensive presence. Curry continues to dump the ball off to him but, again, he's aware that you have to pass it just a tad slower to him. Steph realizes that FE is important to the team, so even if he could finish the layup off himself (Curry), he passes the ball to FE so he could have more opportunities to catch and finish.

I had no idea that Holiday is Jrue's brother. I think that this really helps his situation out. They probably practice against and with each other during the off-season and Jrue has proven that he's got what it takes to thrive in the league. I'd like to see Justin put some weight/muscle on, but he can really shoot that ball. Nice arcing shot from 3-pt range. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to enjoy the typical Steph show and that he didn't come back to finish up the game, but I'll get over it.

The Warriors are the best team in the NBA.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Well, "my man", Festus is showing signs of an offensive presence. Curry continues to dump the ball off to him but, again, he's aware that you have to pass it just a tad slower to him. Steph realizes that FE is important to the team, so even if he could finish the layup off himself (Curry), he passes the ball to FE so he could have more opportunities to catch and finish.

I had no idea that Holiday is Jrue's brother. I think that this really helps his situation out. They probably practice against and with each other during the off-season and Jrue has proven that he's got what it takes to thrive in the league. I'd like to see Justin put some weight/muscle on, but he can really shoot that ball. Nice arcing shot from 3-pt range. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to enjoy the typical Steph show and that he didn't come back to finish up the game, but I'll get over it.

The Warriors are the best team in the NBA

So far it seems that way. Playoff basketball is a different animal.