• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11/20 CFP Rankings

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is 4. meeeechegan (14)*, Stanford (7)*, VT (24)* & Syracuse (12)*.

* = ranking of opponent when they played
I was referring to Oklahoma State's isn't four. Plus I think @ericd7633 meant 4 currently ranked opponents anyway, Michigan, Northwestern, Syracuse & Pitt.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not 4, but I thought it was interesting that Oklahoma State actually has 3 wins and also 2 more 1-score losses to current Top-25 teams...and they're (rightfully) not even in the top-25.
They may well be playing as well as anyone in the Big 12 right now. But damn, they are a Jekyll and Hyde bunch. 2-2 vs the top 4 in the conference. They beat Texas and WVU, lose to ISU and OU on a failed two point conversion and yet lose by 24 to Texas Tech and can't beat Baylor!

They'll be a pain in the ass for an opponent in a bowl. QB is looking better and they have a receiver and running back that play hard.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee is basically using the rankings this week to make the statement that OSU is not getting in.

Even if they win out there is no path for Ohio State unless Clemson, ND, OU and Wazzu all lose.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they win out there is no path for Ohio State unless Clemson, ND, OU and Wazzu all lose.
Not so sure about Wazzou. Washington isn't anywhere near michigan's level, and Utah and NW are basically equals. We just saw the committee jump UCF two spots for beating Cincinnati, I don't see why they wouldn't jump us at least that many if we beat a currently top 4 team. Clemson, ND, and OU, yeah you're probably right.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that it is your opinion, but you asked the question "Who has LSU beaten this season besides Georgia, that is a good team" and then pointed out their losses. Do you not ask the same questions of the teams you said you would rank higher than LSU?

I'm just trying to understand your reasoning here. I too am surprised LSU in ranked so highly with 2 losses, but I can't seem justify why I would rank other teams ahead of them right now.
My reasoning is that Ohio State has only one loss and UCF is undefeated, while LSU has two losses. I will give you the West Virginia not being rated ahead of LSU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about Wazzou. Washington isn't anywhere near michigan's level, and Utah and NW are basically equals. We just saw the committee jump UCF two spots for beating Cincinnati, I don't see why they wouldn't jump us at least that many if we beat a currently top 4 team. Clemson, ND, and OU, yeah you're probably right.

I think the committee jumped UCF ahead of Ohio State because they've looked like shit for about the last 5 weeks now. They are pretty set in their ways based on how they won't drop OU despite them looking like crap the last 2 weeks and Washington State blowing their competition out. My guess is Ohio State would move ahead UCF, Michigan and UGA, assuming everyone else won out.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that? If Ohio State beats Michigan and then wins the Big Ten CG, I think they will finish about Wazzu in the final poll.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the top 4 teams don't trip themselves up the Playoff should be set. But we both know upsets can happen. Of the current top 4 I think the only team that could lose a game (doubtful) & still get in is Bama.
I can't see Bama losing unless they fart, fumble and fall. Auburn's down, and that common opponent LSU makes me think Georgia can't handle Bama either.

I'd say OSU>Michigan is more likely than Bama, Clem or ND losing.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ucf over OSU?

Stack 'em up:
UCF undefeated. OSU one loss (destroyed by 29 points by 5-5 Purdue).
UCF beat one currently ranked team (destroyed Pitt by 31) and OSU beat one currently ranked team (beat Penn State by 1 point).
I think I saw ESPN's SOS for UCF at 102 and OSU's at 57.
UCF looked awful against 6-4 Memphis (1 point win) and Ohio State looked awful against 4-7 Nebraska and 5-6 Maryland (5 and 1 point wins).

I think the nod goes to UCF here. It's crazy to see how bad Ohio State looks almost week in and week out, definitely not used to it. The defense is just miserable. It's a miracle they are 10-1 at this point the way they look.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would question LSU at 9-2 being ranked #7. IMO they are not that good this season. JMHO.

To be sure the offense is not good and in terms of ranking they've pretty much hit their ceiling. It's the SOS though that justifies the #7 ranking at 9-2. As a SEC West team they have played a brutal schedule and had some hard crossover games too (like Georgia and Florida). They deserve to be there right now.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF, Ohio State, West Virginia. Who has LSU beaten this season besides Georgia, that is a good team. They got there asses handled to them in their own back yard by Bama and Florida beat them.

What are you talking about man?

West Virginia has the same number of losses and they got crushed by #25 Iowa State. The only other ranked team they played was #14 Texas who they beat by one.

UCF has the 102th ranked SOS. The only ranked team they've beaten is #24 Pitt.

For all the talk about Ohio State and that "meat grinder" of a division, their SOS is barely in the top 60 and you have to admit they have pretty much looked horrible this season (especially on defense). They have played a grand total of one ranked team this year. ONE. A game they eeked out by 1 point to Penn State plus they got completely dominated by a .500 Purdue team by 29 points. They belong no where near the conversation.

LSU has played in succession #11 Florida, crushed #5 Georgia by 20, #18 Mississippi State, and #1 Alabama. Those games were all in a row. They close out their season with another ranked team in Texas A&M. That's five teams all ranked 22nd or higher. That is an absolutely brutal schedule and yet they sit at 9-2. They deserve to be ahead of those other teams......way ahead of them actually.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No change in the top 4. I really think that's going to stay the same until the conference title games happen.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about man?

West Virginia has the same number of losses and they got crushed by #25 Iowa State. The only other ranked team they played was #14 Texas who they beat by one.

UCF has the 102th ranked SOS. The only ranked team they've beaten is #24 Pitt.

For all the talk about Ohio State and that "meat grinder" of a division, their SOS is barely in the top 60 and you have to admit they have pretty much looked horrible this season (especially on defense). They have played a grand total of one ranked team this year. ONE. A game they eeked out by 1 point to Penn State plus they got completely dominated by a .500 Purdue team by 29 points. They belong no where near the conversation.

LSU has played in succession #11 Florida, crushed #5 Georgia by 20, #18 Mississippi State, and #1 Alabama. Those games were all in a row. They close out their season with another ranked team in Texas A&M. That's five teams all ranked 22nd or higher. That is an absolutely brutal schedule and yet they sit at 9-2. They deserve to be ahead of those other teams......way ahead of them actually.
Okay fair enough I see you have an opinion like I do. By the way Florida has three losses and Miss State has four losses so why is it such a big deal that LSU loss to Florida and beat a four loss team in Miss State. Like I said before LSU beat only one real good team and that was Georgia. IMO LSU shouldn't be rated as hign as they are. Ohio State and UCF should be ahead of them in the polls.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be sure the offense is not good and in terms of ranking they've pretty much hit their ceiling. It's the SOS though that justifies the #7 ranking at 9-2. As a SEC West team they have played a brutal schedule and had some hard crossover games too (like Georgia and Florida). They deserve to be there right now.
Okay I can respect your opinion.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough I see you have an opinion like I do. By the way Florida has three losses and Miss State has four losses so why is it such a big deal that LSU loss to Florida and beat a four loss team in Miss State. Like I said before LSU beat only one real good team and that was Georgia. IMO LSU shouldn't be rated as hign as they are. Ohio State and UCF should be ahead of them in the polls.
By the same token, Ohio State has only 1 ranked win by 1 point....against a 3 loss Penn State. They have beaten zero "real good teams". Add that they got destroyed by a 5-6 Purdue, beat a 5-6 Maryland in OT because of a bad coaching call, struggled with a 4-7 Nebraska...not like they have a great resume.