• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11/20 CFP Rankings

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to knock Notre Dame's schedule on any given year. I would say this was a down year in terms of the quality of the teams played...but this is a down year for the quality of college football in general.

Notre Dame has played 4 ranked teams and beaten teams that has beaten 3 ranked teams.

Clemson has beaten 2 ranked teams and beaten teams that have 3 ranked wins

Alabama has beaten 3 ranked teams and their opponents have beaten another 6 ranked teams

Michigan has beaten 2 ranked teams and their opponents have beaten 3 ranked teams
Bama got a lot of shit about their SOS but a real shot we end up with 5 ranked wins going into the playoffs if Mizzou wins Saturday.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming up they have West Virginia and probably Texas. If they win those games, it should be a big resume builder.
Pffffttt. Not a big deal. Oklahoma State did that...maybe not back to back but pretty close to such.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee is basically using the rankings this week to make the statement that OSU is not getting in.

I agree. Although I do believe its as simple as a switch being flipped with the defense - it's possible, they have the talent...... the offense is okay for the most part. IF OSU beats scUM and beats Northwestern, they won't get in unless probably 2 other current playoff teams stumble somehow. so along with scUM going down, two more would have to......

I still say it will be tough for michigan saturday. they are fighting a mental stigma in their heads of not being able to beat the Buckeyes. and regardless of some shaky games, OSU is one of the best offenses they will have seen this season, if not the best. the offense may have to score some extra TDs to offset the weak defense....

I actually question not only ucf, but also wsu......

and fuck you very much nick bosa......... choke on a chicken wing tomorrow........

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Although I do believe its as simple as a switch being flipped with the defense - it's possible, they have the talent...... the offense is okay for the most part. IF OSU beats scUM and beats Northwestern, they won't get in unless probably 2 other current playoff teams stumble somehow. so along with scUM going down, two more would have to......

I still say it will be tough for michigan saturday. they are fighting a mental stigma in their heads of not being able to beat the Buckeyes. and regardless of some shaky games, OSU is one of the best offenses they will have seen this season, if not the best. the offense may have to score some extra TDs to offset the weak defense....

I actually question not only ucf, but also wsu......

and fuck you very much nick bosa......... choke on a chicken wing tomorrow........
I would question LSU at 9-2 being ranked #7. IMO they are not that good this season. JMHO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee is basically using the rankings this week to make the statement that OSU is not getting in.

Good. Even if Ohio State takes care of meeeechegan & wins the BigTen they have no business in the Playoff this year. They got blasted by a mediocre Purdue team. No real top 4 team can have a loss like that.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ucf over OSU?

I think if I were an OSU fan (may God strike me down if this ever happens), I would be happy to see UCF ranked above OSU right now. If that doesn't get the team motivated, I'm not sure anything will. It is Michigan weekend, so they shouldn't need any motivation, but I'm sure this just gives them a bigger chip on their shoulder for the weekend (the first being underdogs at your home field).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would question LSU at 9-2 being ranked #7. IMO they are not that good this season. JMHO.

They have a pretty good resume so far this year. Who do you think deserves to jump them that is behind them in the rankings right now?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the shit ND gets about their schedule and we have 4 top 25 wins. Does anyone have more?
I know it's not 4, but I thought it was interesting that Oklahoma State actually has 3 wins and also 2 more 1-score losses to current Top-25 teams...and they're (rightfully) not even in the top-25.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a pretty good resume so far this year. Who do you think deserves to jump them that is behind them in the rankings right now?
UCF, Ohio State, West Virginia. Who has LSU beaten this season besides Georgia, that is a good team. They got there asses handled to them in their own back yard by Bama and Florida beat them.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF, Ohio State, West Virginia. Who has LSU beaten this season besides Georgia, that is a good team. They got there asses handled to them in their own back yard by Bama and Florida beat them.

But who has UCF, Ohio State, and WVU beaten this season that is a good team? Who have they lost games to?

Didn't WVU just lose another game last week?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not 4, but I thought it was interesting that Oklahoma State actually has 3 wins and also 2 more 1-score losses to current Top-25 teams...and they're (rightfully) not even in the top-25.

Yes it is 4. meeeechegan (14)*, Stanford (7)*, VT (24)* & Syracuse (12)*.

* = ranking of opponent when they played

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who has UCF, Ohio State, and WVU beaten this season that is a good team? Who have they lost games to?

Ohio State won their Spring Game. Does that count?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we could go around and around all day. I mentioned UCF because they haven't lost and Ohio State has only one loss. West Virginia has two losses. Again it was just my opinion. :noidea:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Even if Ohio State takes care of meeeechegan & wins the BigTen they have no business in the Playoff this year. They got blasted by a mediocre Purdue team. No real top 4 team can have a loss like that.
I hear ya about not having any business in the playoffs. However, someone has to occupy those four spots. I'm not convinced there is as much "real" separation between three and the rest as what is currently "perceived". I think there are 6-8 teams behind the top four that COULD beat those four. Maybe only 1/3 times, but still have the ability.

While this year looks like the easiest the selection committee has had leading up to the last rankings, that ease may very well turn out to be fool's gold. I just hope the semifinals are good competitive games instead of blowouts like we've had the majority of the past four years.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we could go around and around all day. I mentioned UCF because they haven't lost and Ohio State has only one loss. West Virginia has two losses. Again it was just my opinion. :noidea:

I understand that it is your opinion, but you asked the question "Who has LSU beaten this season besides Georgia, that is a good team" and then pointed out their losses. Do you not ask the same questions of the teams you said you would rank higher than LSU?

I'm just trying to understand your reasoning here. I too am surprised LSU in ranked so highly with 2 losses, but I can't seem justify why I would rank other teams ahead of them right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya about not having any business in the playoffs. However, someone has to occupy those four spots. I'm not convinced there is as much "real" separation between three and the rest as what is currently "perceived". I think there are 6-8 teams behind the top four that COULD beat those four. Maybe only 1/3 times, but still have the ability.

While this year looks like the easiest the selection committee has had leading up to the last rankings, that ease may very well turn out to be fool's gold. I just hope the semifinals are good competitive games instead of blowouts like we've had the majority of the past four years.

As long as the top 4 teams don't trip themselves up the Playoff should be set. But we both know upsets can happen. Of the current top 4 I think the only team that could lose a game (doubtful) & still get in is Bama.