• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 games for Hardy

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Bradys missing camp and ota's too. Good point.

How's it feel to be a fan of team always known for it's cheating? If not for a Pete Carroll brain fart at the end of the game in the SB, Pats would be braid's maids once again. Thank your God.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's it feel to be a fan of team always known for it's cheating? If not for a Pete Carroll brain fart at the end of the game in the SB, Pats would be braid's maids once again. Thank your God.
My teams have seen 13 finals and won 9 since 2001. Im fine.

The waters nice...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has already had suspensions overturned for acts that occurred before the new guidelines went into effect. It will probably get reduced to 6. Just another occasion for a judge to slap Goofdell.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My teams have seen 13 finals and won 9 since 2001. Im fine.

The waters nice...

All that winning recently and still fewer big wins than Dallas. Yikes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We covered our ass by the way we structured his contract. How have we covered our ass on the field when he misses X number of games? No way to tell how many games he will actually miss as it currently sits. The draft is next week. Still think we draft a new DE in the first two days.

Only if we love the guy. Still have Mincey and Lawrence and some younger guys they liked. Dont forget how well Mincey played. If they are thinking Hardy may be here long term I don't see them making a panic move on a DE. Plus Crawford still has position flex and could be moved from the 3 to DE if need be. This would likely require taking a 3 early though because we aren't moving him out of that important spot unless we have a damn good replacement. Heard one of the writers talking about the kid from Texas being a 3 tech. At his size I was surprised to read that. Let's say we take a guy like that and start him at the 3 and move him over to the 1 when Hardy returns. I'm not saying we will do it, just that we won't be held hostage by any one position.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised a Pats fans would be on any thread about a player who has done something wrong.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sat at all last season but he was still payed. Im just spitballin here but what if he gave some of that money back in return for a reduced sentence? :noidea:

Sorry to invade your team board I was just talking to my pops who's a huge Big D fan. Unless they play the Browns I root for them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sat at all last season but he was still payed. Im just spitballin here but what if he gave some of that money back in return for a reduced sentence? :noidea:

Sorry to invade your team board I was just talking to my pops who's a huge Big D fan. Unless they play the Browns I root for them.

I don't think it works that way. He probably wouldn't want to do it, the union probably wouldn't let him do it and I think Goodell wants to make a statement and focus on the amount of games suspended after the Ray Rice incident.

A more possible option would be a large fine this year (not put against last years money) and less games, but I think there is a max on what they can fine guys so that wouldn't really work either.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it works that way. He probably wouldn't want to do it, the union probably wouldn't let him do it and I think Goodell wants to make a statement and focus on the amount of games suspended after the Ray Rice incident.

A more possible option would be a large fine this year (not put against last years money) and less games, but I think there is a max on what they can fine guys so that wouldn't really work either.
Okay that makes sense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected 6 games and I think 6 games is fair.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if we love the guy. Still have Mincey and Lawrence and some younger guys they liked. Dont forget how well Mincey played. If they are thinking Hardy may be here long term I don't see them making a panic move on a DE. Plus Crawford still has position flex and could be moved from the 3 to DE if need be. This would likely require taking a 3 early though because we aren't moving him out of that important spot unless we have a damn good replacement. Heard one of the writers talking about the kid from Texas being a 3 tech. At his size I was surprised to read that. Let's say we take a guy like that and start him at the 3 and move him over to the 1 when Hardy returns. I'm not saying we will do it, just that we won't be held hostage by any one position.

Which is why they took all that heat with signing Hardy in the first place??...because Mincey played so well?? Lawrence is still developing, so he's still a question mark for them right now I'm sure. He didn't really play that well until towards the end of the season, and by no means should he be considered by them as having "arrived" right before this draft. Their pass rush blows and couldn't even put a little pressure on a one legged QB in that playoff exit game, which exposed their D once again, and ultimately cost them an early playoff exit...so yeah, I think DE and and/or OLB pass rush is still a legit concern for them right now, as it should be. We don't know for sure now either if Hardy's appeal will work (arbitrator is in the Commish's back pocket imo), so let's not all act like we already know what the outcome will be there now, because we don't. Also, why would they be thinking now for Christ sakes, that "Hardy may be here long term"? He just signed a roster laden one year deal with team, and was just suspended for 10 games by the league lol?? Commish also just stated that one more serious incident from Hardy in the future, and he could be banned from the league entirely for good! I don't see through rose colored glasses as you do here, and they would be wise to "cover the ass" here with another pass rusher just in case Lawrence regress or Hardy's 10-game suspension sticks. Having a legit pass rush helps the ENTIRE defense, especially on an uncertain back end now with Carr/Mo/Scandrick situations.

Don't forget either, they play some great QBs before that 10-game suspension is due to end, and that hurts this defense a lot.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why they took all that heat with signing Hardy in the first place??...because Mincey played so well?? Lawrence is still developing, so he's still a question mark for them right now I'm sure. He didn't really play that well until towards the end of the season, and by no means should he be considered by them as having "arrived" right before this draft. Their pass rush blows and couldn't even put a little pressure on a one legged QB in that playoff exit game, which exposed their D once again, and ultimately cost them an early playoff exit...so yeah, I think DE and and/or OLB pass rush is still a legit concern for them right now, as it should be. We don't know for sure now either if Hardy's appeal will work (arbitrator is in the Commish's back pocket imo), so let's not all act like we already know what the outcome will be there now, because we don't. Also, why would they be thinking now for Christ sakes, that "Hardy may be here long term"? He just signed a roster laden one year deal with team, and was just suspended for 10 games by the league lol?? Commish also just stated that one more serious incident from Hardy in the future, and he could be banned from the league entirely for good! I don't see through rose colored glasses as you do here, and they would be wise to "cover the ass" here with another pass rusher just in case Lawrence regress or Hardy's 10-game suspension sticks. Having a legit pass rush helps the ENTIRE defense, especially on an uncertain back end now with Carr/Mo/Scandrick situations.

Don't forget either, they play some great QBs before that 10-game suspension is due to end, and that hurts this defense a lot.
Some valid points, but it's also true the Cowboys were within an overturned call of possibly playing Seattle in the NFCC, after beating them there earlier in the season, without a strong pass rush. It could be argued that having Crawford and Lawrence a year older, and getting back Lee and McClain, that Dallas D will already be better. Add in Hardy for half a season(zero chance it remains 10 games), and whatever is added in the draft, and while not the 78 Steelers,the unit could be at least competitive

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this however, if this team feels confident that Goofdell's decision on Hardy will be overturned and the games that Hardy is suppose to be suspended for will be reduced to say 4-6 games, then team can feel better about not reaching for a need pick @ DE/OLB (if). I think they need to upgrade their DL regardless, and must pick up a an athletic penetrating DLmen in this draft somehow. One of the reasons that the Seahawks find a way to beat you and is the team to beat every year, is because of their relentless pressure that they can provide upfront with their hard hitting defenders in the secondary. Intimidation is a big part of this game. This team has been too soft on defense for far too long.