• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/28 GDT World SERIOUS Game 6

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further, I agree about the 2002 comparison. While I do not our position anymore, I am not "convinced" that we are done, like I was in '02.

Tomorrow's game is totally unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised with any result, whether it be a Giant blowout, a KC blowout, a high-scoring close game, a low-scoring close game, etc.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying this because I get no replies...does anyone agree Posey shouldn't be an everyday catcher anymore?

I think it's way too early to say that. yes his AB was horrible but I still think he can be an every day catcher. we have to remember that he and everyone else is probably tired its been a long ass season.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Allstar game...probably a different series if we had HFA

Anyone know which league won more interleague games this year? Because that's been the best idea for picking HFA I've heard.

I don't like that either. Why should HFA depend on how your league does, whether that be one game (the ASG) or interleague games? I think baseball should just keep it simple and give HFA to whichever team has the better record. At least that way HFA would be earned by the team who made it to the World Series. Under the current system or your system, a 90 win team could have HFA over a 100 win team.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying this because I get no replies...does anyone agree Posey shouldn't be an everyday catcher anymore?

They need to move him out of the catcher position sooner rather than later. There's too much risk that he'll get a career-threatening head injury on a pitch that is fouled back. If we don't bring back Panda, does Posey have what it takes to play 3B?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no defense for those pitches that get fouled back and hit the catcher's head. No human being has the reflexes to defend against that. I used to believe that we had to keep him as a catcher as long as possible because of the advantage his hitting gave us at that position, but at this point, I feel it's a must that we get Posey out of there.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's way too early to say that. yes his AB was horrible but I still think he can be an every day catcher. we have to remember that he and everyone else is probably tired its been a long ass season.

Not just the AB today...the total inability to drive the ball the entire postseason...0 XBHs

.590 OPS this year! Getting worse every year in the playoffs...

Buster Posey Stats - San Francisco Giants - ESPN

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to move him out of the catcher position sooner rather than later. There's too much risk that he'll get a career-threatening head injury on a pitch that is fouled back. If we don't bring back Panda, does Posey have what it takes to play 3B?

I have to think they will talk to Posey before making their offer to Panda...if he says he'll do it, they'll offer less, if Posey says he just can't/won't, they may have to overpay bc they got nothing else (Arias? Yeesh)

Or conversely, they may just write off 2015 to get Timmy and Hudson and Scutaro off the books, look at the kids, etc.

Yes this discussion is for next week but Posey's been such a disappointment, I'm trying to cheer myself up thinking about the future

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that either. Why should HFA depend on how your league does, whether that be one game (the ASG) or interleague games? I think baseball should just keep it simple and give HFA to whichever team has the better record. At least that way HFA would be earned by the team who made it to the World Series. Under the current system or your system, a 90 win team could have HFA over a 100 win team.

To me there's so many interleague games it really does show who's the better league that year, so why not reward that league? You won the pennant of the better league, you get HFA

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me there's so many interleague games it really does show who's the better league that year, so why not reward that league? You won the pennant of the better league, you get HFA

I believe that a team should have to earn HFA, not just be lucky that they are in the league whose team wins the ASG or the league that wins more interleague games . Under our current system or any system that rewards an entire league, a wild card team with less than 90 wins could get HFA over a division winner that won over 100 games.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the BABIP gods are in play like they were tonight, tomorrow's winner will not be as a result of either team. It just will be.

Is it that the BABIP gods love Eric Hosmer or is he doing something that gets him hits even though the balls are so softly hit? Petit must've angered the BABIP gods somehow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SO LOOK AT A FUCKING PITCH!!!

Dude just walked the bases loaded, and you go up and swing at the first pitch?

If he had been killing the ball (see Pence, Hunter), than I can somewhat understand. But dude is a t-ball hitter right now.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just feels like Bumgarner is going to have to put the entire team on his back (as he's done so far the entire postseason) again 1 more time. And it also feels like that is very possible.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just feels like Bumgarner is going to have to put the entire team on his back (as he's done so far the entire postseason) again 1 more time. And it also feels like that is very possible.

Well, it's not as if he can pitch 9 innings again. Bum will be there to help, but someone else will have to step up and put the team on his back tomorrow.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not as if he can pitch 9 innings again. Bum will be there to help, but someone else will have to step up and put the team on his back tomorrow.

If he comes in and does a Petit for 3-4 innings to keep us close and we take the lead...he gets the game ball

And he puts a cap on one of the best pitching performances in a World Series in the history of baseball. Full stop.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he comes in and does a Petit for 3-4 innings to keep us close and we take the lead...he gets the game ball

And he puts a cap on one of the best pitching performances in a World Series in the history of baseball. Full stop.

Dude, Dusty...

NO ONE gets the ball until the game is over...

:L