• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: 10/23...SD Chargers @ Den. Broncos...Who Ya Got??

10/23...SD Chargers @ Den. Broncos...Who Ya Got??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure all the bitching charger fans were equally outraged in week 17 last year, when a missed call forced a long Chiefs field goal. The field goal was missed getting the Chargers the win and playoff berth and booting the Ravens.

I think you are angry that last Saturday the Chargers were 5-1 and now they are 5-3. Bubbles burst sometimes. Get your players back healthy and get back into it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure all the bitching charger fans were equally outraged in week 17 last year, when a missed call forced a long Chiefs field goal. The field goal was missed getting the Chargers the win and playoff berth and booting the Ravens.

I think you are angry that last Saturday the Chargers were 5-1 and now they are 5-3. Bubbles burst sometimes. Get your players back healthy and get back into it.

Yeah this is where complaining about officiating just gets ridiculous in my book. Every team has bad calls go against them throughout the game or at least throughout the season. The calls the Charger fan was complaining about were not as black and white as he wants them to be.

It is nice to watch them go from 1st in the division less than a week ago to now 3rd place behind the Broncos and Chiefs! My how quickly things can change in the NFL.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hardly a Charger fan, or a Bronco fan, last night I was just a football fan. I'm not bitching from a point of I think the Chargers were screwed. I'm bitching because the Refs have been far too noticeable in some games. Others not as much. Coincidently the ones I don't notice them as much I tend to like those games better.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver and Peyton are great. But this officiating has blown this game unbelievably out of proportion.

1) Denver fumble at end of 1st half - potentially 14 point call.

2) Bs holding call taking away chargers int - 7 point call.

Literally and without exaggeration - 21 points on 2 bs calls.

That's literally some major exaggeration. You sure do whine a lot about the officials.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like he was down before the ball came out.

I honestly don't understand the controversy on this one. To me his forearm is clearly on the ground before the ball comes out. :noidea:

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is where complaining about officiating just gets ridiculous in my book. Every team has bad calls go against them throughout the game or at least throughout the season. The calls the Charger fan was complaining about were not as black and white as he wants them to be.

It is nice to watch them go from 1st in the division less than a week ago to now 3rd place behind the Broncos and Chiefs! My how quickly things can change in the NFL.

The problem is that when a call isn't black or white, it probably shouldn't be flagged, but these plays ARE being flagged and it appears that many of them are on 3rd downs or critical situations that are changing the outcomes of games. No one wants to see games influenced by the refs, it just makes for a poor viewing experience.

The play that really emphasized how poor these officials were, was the DEN INT late in the 4th quarter when Moore was CLEARLY touched by Floyd as he was going to the ground, yet they didn't blow their whistles and let him get up and return the ball, before bringing it back to where he obviously was down. It is to the point that refs don't even care if they get it right on turnovers, because it can and will be reviewed.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that when a call isn't black or white, it probably shouldn't be flagged, but these plays ARE being flagged and it appears that many of them are on 3rd downs or critical situations that are changing the outcomes of games. No one wants to see games influenced by the refs, it just makes for a poor viewing experience.

The play that really emphasized how poor these officials were, was the DEN INT late in the 4th quarter when Moore was CLEARLY touched by Floyd as he was going to the ground, yet they didn't blow their whistles and let him get up and return the ball, before bringing it back to where he obviously was down. It is to the point that refs don't even care if they get it right on turnovers, because it can and will be reviewed.

I don't agree with this. The officials are trained in that situation to let it play out. There is no harm done by letting him get up and return it, because the play will be automatically reviewed anyway. But if they blow it dead immediately and he's not touched down, there is no way to fix that.

I've done some officiating, and one thing that was drilled into our heads was to not blow the whistle unless we're absolutely sure the play is over. And that's in kid's leagues without replay. As long as they've got replay, I'd much rather they let things play out then blow the whistle early.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9.5 is a ridiculous spread. Wtf?

Stopped Em on first drive. Rivers in charge.

SuperChargers!

Maybe not so ridiculous after all... Loved seeing Rivers Crying all night and his facial expressions make you just laugh... He always has been a nobody and so have the chargers:10:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's literally some major exaggeration. You sure do whine a lot about the officials.

Yep, it's just me. Last night I said a couple things: 1) Peyton and Denver were great. 2) Congratulations on the win. Week 17 last year I was one of the first ones to fully admit that we lucked out and the Refs made a bad call that got us the win. But, it's just me whining. Never mind that I go on freakin facebook and people (non Chargers or Broncos fans) are making fun of the officiating. Or that another thread was created and kept up by non-Chargers fans complaining about the officiating. Never mind that both announcers and the NFL replay guru agreed that the refs fucked up the call. Never mind that USAToday is writing about this:

How could officials possibly overturn that crucial fumble in Chargers-Broncos? | For The Win

Never mind that sbnation is writing about it:

Officials overturn controversial Broncos fumble - SBNation.com

I could go on, but I'll stop with the links there. Clearly USAToday and SBNation are just Charger lovers wearing homer colored glasses.

In sum - Yes of course we all know calls are missed on both sides every game. However, we are talking about huge calls here. A fumble which yes, was close, was overturned on "indisputable" evidence. You really want to think Denver getting that possession and going up by 7 at half vs Chargers getting the ball tied with 3 minutes left, on the 26 yard line didn't make a difference? Sure maybe the Chargers would have fumbled, or whatever, etc.... But it is at least very reasonable to think the Chargers would have gone into halftime with the lead had the call stood. Then the bs holding call that never happened, taking away an Int.... Next play, Broncos TD. Even you have to admit those were HUGE calls. Finally, nobody is talking about the holding/PI missed call on the Rivers Int to Floyd. First, it was a bad throw and into double coverage by Rivers, admitted. However watched the replay 3 times and it clearly shows why Floyd didn't go up and fight for the catch - His right freaking arm was being held.

It was AWFUL officiating. Denver very well still may have won. We don't know. Denver's D-Line dominated our O-line. Fluker had one of the worst games I seen of him. We could not run the ball. For that reason you guys still may have pulled it out. But none of that takes away from the fact that there were some horrible calls, in huge moments, which changed the game.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to completely miss the point.

But it is at least very reasonable to think the Chargers would have gone into halftime with the lead had the call stood.

That's not a reasonable to think at all. The Chargers could have fumbled on the very next play. They could have been held to a field goal attempt (which they could have missed). They could have scored so quickly that Denver would have had enough time to drive down the field and score themselves.

There was still 3 minutes to go until halftime and Denver had all three time outs. With that much time and that many variables there is no way to reasonably assume what the score would have been at halftime had the officials not overturned the call on the field.

Then the bs holding call that never happened, taking away an Int.... Next play, Broncos TD. Even you have to admit those were HUGE calls.

It was a ticky tack call, but that's how they've been calling it all year. If you turn a guy, you're going to get called. Pretty simple.

Finally, nobody is talking about the holding/PI missed call on the Rivers Int to Floyd. First, it was a bad throw and into double coverage by Rivers, admitted. However watched the replay 3 times and it clearly shows why Floyd didn't go up and fight for the catch - His right freaking arm was being held.

Oh brother. So on the one hand you're complaining about a questionable holding call that hurt your team, but then complain because they didn't throw a flag on what also would have been a questionable call? I suppose they could have called Talib for interference, however that is hardly ever going to get called because he was in better position. If you see PI downfield, it's almost always because the defender is out of position. Here Talib was in great position, and it forced Floyd to go through him to make a play on the ball. That's just extremely unlikely to ever get called, especially when Talib's body is shielding the official from seeing the contact.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with this. The officials are trained in that situation to let it play out. There is no harm done by letting him get up and return it, because the play will be automatically reviewed anyway. But if they blow it dead immediately and he's not touched down, there is no way to fix that.

I've done some officiating, and one thing that was drilled into our heads was to not blow the whistle unless we're absolutely sure the play is over. And that's in kid's leagues without replay. As long as they've got replay, I'd much rather they let things play out then blow the whistle early.

The fumble ... could a went either way... When he got up and ran after the INT no big deal... My issue is the Illegal contact or holding call's, The refs have been inconsistent with making those call's this year... Those are big call's because they keep drives alive and move the ball down the field way to easy for and offense... There are so many times not just in the Broncos game last night but watching games in general where the refs are just bailing out offenses and keeping drives alive when it's such and incidental contact... I"m all for calling a hold if it's a hold... But half the time it appears to be such and incidental contact foul call... I hate that ... I just want to watch good football... I"m seeing these refs faces way to many dam times in games now day's...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fumble ... could a went either way... When he got up and ran after the INT no big deal... My issue is the Illegal contact or holding call's, The refs have been inconsistent with making those call's this year... Those are big call's because they keep drives alive and move the ball down the field way to easy for and offense... There are so many times not just in the Broncos game last night but watching games in general where the refs are just bailing out offenses and keeping drives alive when it's such and incidental contact... I"m all for calling a hold if it's a hold... But half the time it appears to be such and incidental contact foul call... I hate that ... I just want to watch good football... I"m seeing these refs faces way to many dam times in games now day's...

I pretty much agree with you. I get tired of seeing drives extended on seemingly ticky tack calls, too. But that's basically what the NFL wanted this year, so this is what we get.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind that both announcers and the NFL replay guru agreed that the refs fucked up the call. Never mind that USAToday is writing about this:

How could officials possibly overturn that crucial fumble in Chargers-Broncos? | For The Win

Never mind that sbnation is writing about it:

Officials overturn controversial Broncos fumble - SBNation.com

I could go on, but I'll stop with the links there. Clearly USAToday and SBNation are just Charger lovers wearing

Okay, media write about controversial crap all the time. It drums up views.

Were you as angry about the chargers win last year in week 17?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with you. I get tired of seeing drives extended on seemingly ticky tack calls, too. But that's basically what the NFL wanted this year, so this is what we get.

That's right...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, media write about controversial crap all the time. It drums up views.

Were you as angry about the chargers win last year in week 17?

Sigh.... It's posted only about 4 posts above yours:

"Week 17 last year I was one of the first ones to fully admit that we lucked out and the Refs made a bad call that got us the win."

I'm an equal opportunity criticizer. If the refs fuck up and give my team a win - I am happy about it and fully admit it. If the refs fuck up and it hurts my team - I am pissed about it and call it out.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Week 17 last year I was one of the first ones to fully admit that we lucked out and the Refs made a bad call that got us the win."

I'm an equal opportunity criticizer. If the refs fuck up and give my team a win - I am happy about it and fully admit it. If the refs fuck up and it hurts my team - I am pissed about it and call it out.

Thing is, on the Caldwell "fumble" and the end zone pick they didn't fuck up. Caldwell was down before losing control of the ball and the pick was negated by a holding penalty that is called pretty consistently so far this year. The broncos had a 37 yard rushing td taken off the board due to a holding penalty. It happens.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hardly a Charger fan, or a Bronco fan, last night I was just a football fan. I'm not bitching from a point of I think the Chargers were screwed. I'm bitching because the Refs have been far too noticeable in some games. Others not as much. Coincidently the ones I don't notice them as much I tend to like those games better.
The officiating has been bad all season and last night's game was no exception.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, I don't have time, normally, to read through each and every post to find a snippet of text between paragraphs of assumptions about 21 point swings.

So, you made as much noise about the chargers winning, and saying how the chiefs should have one and this is awful, blah, blah blah.

Saying "I'm an equal opportunity criticizer" is not accurate when you gleefully accept a win from a ref but are distraught over the loss. True equality would have you upset over a win or loss by the refs. It is 1 game the chargers will still be in it at the end of the year.