• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tippet is my #2. He did some good things in Phoenix for a while with a mediocre roster. I think he could do some good things here. Would get the defense/goaltending on track I think.

I was pretty anti-Vigneault at first, but the more I read about him, he may be my #3.

I'm not really sold on Boucher. Mostly because I think he coaches boring teams haha. He did have a good impact initially with Ottawa though, before they got rid of all their NHL players.

Boucher also took TB to the conference finals in his first year there.

I think the game has long past Tippett by, but I can see the interest in Vigneault. I'd be open to him more so than some of the other names thrown around.

Gordon lost my support when he started Hart 4 games in 6 nights and he got hurt as a result.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Fletch is just saying its not an elite class to hold down salaries thrown at them and then we slide in the back door and steal one of them.

Definitely could be.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boucher also took TB to the conference finals in his first year there.

I think the game has long past Tippett by, but I can see the interest in Vigneault. I'd be open to him more so than some of the other names thrown around.

Gordon lost my support when he started Hart 4 games in 6 nights and he got hurt as a result.

His goalie usage didn't bother me too much. But the fact that they got burned in advanced stats most games of his games at the helm makes me want someone new. If they had pushed the playoff run a little longer, or didn't completely throw in the towel afterwards, I would consider Gordon. But I'd really prefer a coach with an established resume of quality results.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His goalie usage didn't bother me too much. But the fact that they got burned in advanced stats most games of his games at the helm makes me want someone new. If they had pushed the playoff run a little longer, or didn't completely throw in the towel afterwards, I would consider Gordon. But I'd really prefer a coach with an established resume of quality results.
Throwing in the towel after they were eliminated was the braking point for me. i would've had a lot more confidence in this team going into next season if they didn't just fold right after elimination.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McClellan is off the table. I didn't want him anyway. Sabres close to signing him. Fletcher better be making a decision soon.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you boys wake up in the morning, go check out Meltzer's blog in regard to the Fletcher and Gordon press release. Very interesting stuff, especially from Gordon. I like the guy and what he did in his short time here, he made a difference for sure. That being said, I'm not sure if he's the right guy to make this team take that next step? Who knows, maybe he is? What I would like to see is keep Gordon in some capacity and overhaul the rest of the staff, being a new guy on the PP and PK.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you boys wake up in the morning, go check out Meltzer's blog in regard to the Fletcher and Gordon press release. Very interesting stuff, especially from Gordon. I like the guy and what he did in his short time here, he made a difference for sure. That being said, I'm not sure if he's the right guy to make this team take that next step? Who knows, maybe he is? What I would like to see is keep Gordon in some capacity and overhaul the rest of the staff, being a new guy on the PP and PK.

Yep, Gordon said a lot of the right things yesterday. Hit the nail on the head with timid play in the offensive zone and really poor breakouts. I would agree those were two of the biggest flaws with the 18-19 Flyers.

I like Gordon, I like all the detail he goes in to when he's asked hockey questions. That's fun to listen to and think about. But I have a hard time with the 'we don't have much practice time to change things' attitude that the team has kinda taken with his 2nd half. I feel like you can always teach, talk strategy, and reinforce those things during games. Sure you don't get a lot of practice time, but if you really want to improve you have to use the games as practice too. Obviously higher pressure practice and you still want to win, but you can always teach during the games. Tweak the systems and reinforce them during games.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your horseshoes and rabbits feet out boys! 11.4% chance of picking in the top 3, 7.3% chance to pick 1-2. 3.5% chance at #1!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your horseshoes and rabbits feet out boys! 11.4% chance of picking in the top 3, 7.3% chance to pick 1-2. 3.5% chance at #1!
I'm feeling lucky. I won a free pizza from being selected on my Facebook page by a local pizzeria. I never win! We will be picking top three boys! :suds:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't I tell you to go buy a lottery ticket? You better not waste this opportunity.:thrasher:
You know the funny thing is that I second guessed myself the other night. I was going to take Linblom for a second night in a row, but opted for JVR instead.:L

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck the Devs and duck the Rags... Unreal! @lasgop8 won't sleep well tonight.
Another wasted talent going to Jersey. They have very little future especially at goalie. Hughes will be wasted there just like Hirsher(sp) there isn't enougg talent on that squad or in their farms for Hughes to makr much difference there. Hope we trade our pick for something worthwhile now.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another wasted talent going to Jersey. They have very little future especially at goalie. Hughes will be wasted there just like Hirsher(sp) there isn't enougg talent on that squad or in their farms for Hughes to makr much difference there. Hope we trade our pick for something worthwhile now.
I'm with you. I would also go after Duchense in FA. My off-season wishlist. Trade for Pietrangelo. Go after Duchense in FA, and add a physical presence to protect our stars. Hartman does not really cut it like Simmer did.
Oh and if offer sheet for Marner.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. I would also go after Duchense in FA. My off-season wishlist. Trade for Pietrangelo. Go after Duchense in FA, and add a physical presence to protect our stars. Hartman does not really cut it like Simmer did.
Oh and if offer sheet for Marner.
I'm with you on all of this. Gonna be hard to find a talented tough guy. As much as it makes me puke in my mouth what about lucic?