• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin sent to the Phantoms on a conditioning stint. Should get in to some Phantoms games this weekend. Probably gets recalled to the Flyers and activated off LTIR sometime next week.

Flyers will need to open up some roster spots. McKenna to waivers would be one, need to clear another if Morin and Elliot are to be activated. Would expect Vorobyov or Myers to be the other. Could just be for a few days, after the deadline (2/25), they can carry as many players as they want.
I cant wait to see Morin toughen this team up and we are going to need that as Simmer will be gone.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportsnet talked about the Flyers acquiring Cam Talbot from the Oilers last night. Their thought process was, Hart will need a backup, preferably a veteran to help his development and he's already got a history with Talbot (trained together in the summer). The Oilers need to clear cap space to bring Sekera off LTIR, so they were brainstorming an Elliot for Talbot type deal, possible the Flyers might get a draft pick in addition.

Talbot is a UFA at the end of the year, 4.1M against the cap this season.

Seems like a fairly wise move. Even without re-signing him. But I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing Talbot to a back-up contract, 1-2M for a year or two.
What would we be trading for Talbot. I remember you saying he was worth a lot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this layoff lets talk some trades. Everyone knows who i want gone. But lets talk some smaller trades.I think if Brian Boyle could fetch a second round pick we could get good value for Raffl. Radko Gudas would open up space for Meyers and we be trading him at his peak value although i would like to keep him as he is one of the very few non pusses on the team. Vorobyev hasn't impressed to much we could probably get something real nice if we include him with Simmer.

I wonder what you could do with the Leafs for Simmonds and Gudas. They want to add defense, particularly RH defense. And some snarl/toughness. If you add Simmonds and Gudas, that could be huge for them. Just before they get in to a tricky cap situation. Wonder if they would consider Kapanen and Liljegren/Sandin for Simmonds and Gudas. Leafs load up for the playoff run, Flyers get some good potential young guys close to the NHL (if not in it). Leafs don't have their 1st anymore, traded it for Muzzin.

Not that I really want to move Gudas, he's been one of their best and most consistent players this year, let alone defensemen. But the return could be great.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we be trading for Talbot. I remember you saying he was worth a lot.

That's what I was thinking, he'd be worth more. But the talks around that were basically that Edmonton needs to dump his cap hit and doesn't want him anymore. Elliot (they need a backup) for Talbot and a 5th or something is what they were batting around.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to see Morin toughen this team up and we are going to need that as Simmer will be gone.

I can't wait to see him either. I'm not super high on him, but god damn it's about time he played in the NHL! Prove me wrong kid!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder what they could get for Raffl. I think Boyle is probably worth a little more. Plays C and has a bigger rep for PK/PP. So maybe a 3rd for Raffl would be a nice return?

I don't think Vorobyev has much value in the trade market. Barring a big developmental jump, he probably tops out as a decent 3rd liner / good 4th liner.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was thinking, he'd be worth more. But the talks around that were basically that Edmonton needs to dump his cap hit and doesn't want him anymore. Elliot (they need a backup) for Talbot and a 5th or something is what they were batting around.

Big boys at TSN confirming Flyers/Edm talking about Talbot. Pretty likely it happens at this point, they don't normally get that specific without the expectation of it happening.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The third round of next years draft is going to be a nice haul for us as we have our own sucky pick as well as the Oilers and devils who both stink.

It would be nice if we were in position to buy we could use some prospects in trades only to replenish next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder what they could get for Raffl. I think Boyle is probably worth a little more. Plays C and has a bigger rep for PK/PP. So maybe a 3rd for Raffl would be a nice return?

I don't think Vorobyev has much value in the trade market. Barring a big developmental jump, he probably tops out as a decent 3rd liner / good 4th liner.
I like Raffl he gets his chances and is pretty tough on the boards and always hustles and hits. I wish he could put the puck in the net he would fetch a lot more.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big boys at TSN confirming Flyers/Edm talking about Talbot. Pretty likely it happens at this point, they don't normally get that specific without the expectation of it happening.
I believe my offer earlier this year was the Devils third rounder (which we own) and our 4th rounder.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Raffl he gets his chances and is pretty tough on the boards and always hustles and hits. I wish he could put the puck in the net he would fetch a lot more.

Ya, Raffl is a good depth player. Responsible defensively, good energy, can move up in the lineup in a pinch.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe my offer earlier this year was the Devils third rounder (which we own) and our 4th rounder.

Seems likely that Elliot (or Neuvirth I guess) would be going back. The Oilers do have Al Montoya in the minors, but I doubt that's who they want as their backup for a playoff drive.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Valentines Day!!!!

I hope everyone went out and did their flower and candy shopping already as nothing is left on the shelves today.
My wife wanted some Sherries Berries, you know the 40 dollars for 8 chocolate covered Strawberries, I asked her since I'm old and my balls are kind of saggy and look like Strawberries dipped in chocolate if that would be good enough, would dwf be cheaper.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only trade rumors I am still hearing involve Simmer. Would love to see a few more contracts moved as you guys have mentioned. I feel kets clear as much space and go after some fire power in free agency.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife wanted some Sherries Berries, you know the 40 dollars for 8 chocolate covered Strawberries, I asked her since I'm old and my balls are kind of saggy and look like Strawberries dipped in chocolate if that would be good enough, would dwf be cheaper.
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems likely that Elliot (or Neuvirth I guess) would be going back. The Oilers do have Al Montoya in the minors, but I doubt that's who they want as their backup for a playoff drive.
i say give them both Elliot and Neuvy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin sent to the Phantoms on a conditioning stint. Should get in to some Phantoms games this weekend. Probably gets recalled to the Flyers and activated off LTIR sometime next week.

Flyers will need to open up some roster spots. McKenna to waivers would be one, need to clear another if Morin and Elliot are to be activated. Would expect Vorobyov or Myers to be the other. Could just be for a few days, after the deadline (2/25), they can carry as many players as they want.
Do you think the Flyers are showcasing Morin to maybe trade him at the dealine? I see he is signed for 2 more years at a reasonable 700K

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Flyers are showcasing Morin to maybe trade him at the dealine? I see he is signed for 2 more years at a reasonable 700K

I don't. He's got no value outside the Flyers organization I expect. Coming up on 6 years since he's been drafted and he's got I think 2 NHL games. Not too many teams would be looking to add that right now I don't think.

I expect Fletcher wants to get him some NHL time so he knows where he stands going in to the offseason. Same for Myers. If they come in and show they belong, the defense is probably in good shape for next year between Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Myers, Morin, Hagg, AMac, and Gudas. Might even be able to move someone. But if they don't look good, Fletcher is probably looking to add someone on the back end in free agency.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3