• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lot of money spent just on goaltending this season:

2018-19 salary
Carter Hart – $650,000

Mike McKenna – $700,000

Anthony Stolarz – $761,250

Brian Elliott – $3 million

Michal Neuvirth – $2.25 million

Alex Lyon – $750,000

ADVERTISEMENT
Calvin Pickard – $800,000
I don't think were on the hook for Pickard are we?
Be glad to see Nuevy and Elliott come off the books.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think were on the hook for Pickard are we?
Be glad to see Nuevy and Elliott come off the books.
The total we are on the hook this season for our goalies without making any other trades is $7.35 million. This does not include Pickard as his salary is now being paid for by the Coyotes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it interesting that Vechione make more money than 5 of our players on the big squad.

Vechione- 900K

Prov-894K
Sanheim-893K
TK-894K
Varone-650K
Folin 800K

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The total we are on the hook this season for our goalies without making any other trades is $7.35 million. This does not include Pickard as his salary is now being paid for by the Coyotes.

It's actually all calculated daily. So we only owed those guys that salary rate for the days they were on the NHL roster. For McKenna and Pickard, it means we were (and will be) response for some of theirs, but not all of it. For Hart, Lyon, and Stolarz they will make that salary rate for the days they were on the Flyers roster, and a significantly reduced salary rate for when they were on the Phantoms. They are on "two way" contracts, which means they earn different money at the NHL or AHL level.

Vechionne is different. He's earning his full 900k salary with the Phantoms because he's on a "one way" contract. He got that because multiple teams were trying to sign him and that's one way to entice him to pick the Flyers.

That's both cap dollars and real dollars. That's part of the reason the trade deadline gets to be so active. Some teams who have been under the cap, have 'banked' a bunch of that money. So they have more per day cap dollars available than they did at the beginning of the season or in the offseason.

For example, according to Cap Friendly, the Flyers could actually add $37M worth of cap salary at the deadline, even though their total cap hits added up only leaves $8M. They've been banking space all season by being the equivalent of $8M under the cap every day. BUT, teams have to stay under this year's salary cap in 'tagged' space next year. The contracts they have on the books that carry on to next year, still have to be under $79M. Another reason why 'rentals' are so popular. Cap-wise, technically, the Flyers could add Bobrovsky, Stone, Karlsson, Duchene, and Panarin at the trade deadline and still be under the cap at the end of the year. But if a few of them had contracts carrying over to next year, they could not.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example: Provorov

NHL Salary: $832,500/year (I think this is paid on a per game basis, so $10,152/game)
AHL Salary: $70,000/year ($853/game)

But, Provorov is able to make up the difference between him and Vechionne because Provorov has a possibility of $850k in bonus money also. Vechionne does not have any bonuses.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually all calculated daily. So we only owed those guys that salary rate for the days they were on the NHL roster. For McKenna and Pickard, it means we were (and will be) response for some of theirs, but not all of it. For Hart, Lyon, and Stolarz they will make that salary rate for the days they were on the Flyers roster, and a significantly reduced salary rate for when they were on the Phantoms. They are on "two way" contracts, which means they earn different money at the NHL or AHL level.

Vechionne is different. He's earning his full 900k salary with the Phantoms because he's on a "one way" contract. He got that because multiple teams were trying to sign him and that's one way to entice him to pick the Flyers.

That's both cap dollars and real dollars. That's part of the reason the trade deadline gets to be so active. Some teams who have been under the cap, have 'banked' a bunch of that money. So they have more per day cap dollars available than they did at the beginning of the season or in the offseason.

For example, according to Cap Friendly, the Flyers could actually add $37M worth of cap salary at the deadline, even though their total cap hits added up only leaves $8M. They've been banking space all season by being the equivalent of $8M under the cap every day. BUT, teams have to stay under this year's salary cap in 'tagged' space next year. The contracts they have on the books that carry on to next year, still have to be under $79M. Another reason why 'rentals' are so popular. Cap-wise, technically, the Flyers could add Bobrovsky, Stone, Karlsson, Duchene, and Panarin at the trade deadline and still be under the cap at the end of the year. But if a few of them had contracts carrying over to next year, they could not.
Philadelphia Flyers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I just went by what cap friendly has the goalies salaries are for the season

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example: Provorov

NHL Salary: $832,500/year (I think this is paid on a per game basis, so $10,152/game)
AHL Salary: $70,000/year ($853/game)

But, Provorov is able to make up the difference between him and Vechionne because Provorov has a possibility of $850k in bonus money also. Vechionne does not have any bonuses.
I dont think Prov is hitting any bonuses this season but i understand the difference in salary from AHL and NHL.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lot of money spent just on goaltending this season:

2018-19 salary
Carter Hart – $650,000

Mike McKenna – $700,000

Anthony Stolarz – $761,250

Brian Elliott – $3 million

Michal Neuvirth – $2.25 million

Alex Lyon – $750,000

ADVERTISEMENT
Calvin Pickard – $800,000
hopefully some of it will be she'd off after the season. My guess Neuvirth is done at the very least.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a few NHL mocks as having us picking six. Still plenty of hockey left to be picking between one and say ten. My guess we will be picking in the top five the way things stand. Simmonds will be traded and I won't be surprised if possibly another deal will be done by the deadline.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some mocks having us taking Dylan Cozens on one mock and Vasili Podkolzin, Peyton Krebs, etc. Pretty good list.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is only down there to stay hot during the break and he will be back up for our second half run.
We haven't played since 1/19/19 and don't play again until 1/28/19. Not only did we get the All Star break, but we did not play the 4 days before the break. I don't think you want a kid with so few games under his belt sitting around and not playing. get him a few games and brink him up on Monday. Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't played since 1/19/19 and don't play again until 1/28/19. Not only did we get the All Star break, but we did not play the 4 days before the break. I don't think you want a kid with so few games under his belt sitting around and not playing. get him a few games and brink him up on Monday. Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree 100%. I think the decision to keep him in net is a great one and can only give him more experience going into the second half.

Lets go Rams!!!!!!!!! :suds: