• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I saw a glimpse of the future.

The Flyers got exceptional goaltending, played a strong PK and by not forcing the game and using their skating in all three zones, wore down a team that was on the 2nd night of a back to back. They played with discipline. They played like Giroux on all four lines...well, the Giroux who doesn't take shifts off, but he seems to have resurfaced.

I am not confident that this will be the night in, night out for the remainder of the season. It is enough to make the team more fun to watch...and to really feel there is hope for the future.
Totally agree I'd prefer them to show some promise than shit the bed. Obviously room for improvement but that can happen over the summer with a few tweaks. AMac has to go and someone better needs to be found that would help the D. Younger guys should improve as well.

I think they were planning on keeping Simmer and adding JVR to get them over the hump this year but the young guys weren't ready especially on D. The goalie situation would screw up most teams but I was never confident with the injury prone guys and we all knew that Hart would eventually be the key. It's a scrubbed season but let the kids play to get something out of it...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost with the ole 5 goal game today. SH, EN, PP, and two EV.

75 points in 38 games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I saw a glimpse of the future.

The Flyers got exceptional goaltending, played a strong PK and by not forcing the game and using their skating in all three zones, wore down a team that was on the 2nd night of a back to back. They played with discipline. They played like Giroux on all four lines...well, the Giroux who doesn't take shifts off, but he seems to have resurfaced.

I am not confident that this will be the night in, night out for the remainder of the season. It is enough to make the team more fun to watch...and to really feel there is hope for the future.
Thanks for the update i was watching on DVR and mid way through the first period my DVR erased the whole game. I missed my second game of the season and of course we have to play one of the best games of the year. :gaah:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHY Get ready for the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Bacon you too because you brought the Rams some luck!!!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really interested to see how he does when making the jump. The knock on him is that he doesn't play with pace. Does a lot of gliding when he has the puck, which lets him create and do what he wants when he wants. In the OHL, the defense isn't tight enough and he can get away with it, prospect writers say he won't be able to get away with that at the NHL or even AHL level. So it will be interesting to see what happens. The good thing is, he has the ability to skate, he's probably one of the fastest skaters in the OHL, but can he make the same plays at that speed?

He's definitely got a lot of potential. I think he's the only guy in the system with truly high end potential, we'll just have to see if he can reach it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really interested to see how he does when making the jump. The knock on him is that he doesn't play with pace. Does a lot of gliding when he has the puck, which lets him create and do what he wants when he wants. In the OHL, the defense isn't tight enough and he can get away with it, prospect writers say he won't be able to get away with that at the NHL or even AHL level. So it will be interesting to see what happens. The good thing is, he has the ability to skate, he's probably one of the fastest skaters in the OHL, but can he make the same plays at that speed?

He's definitely got a lot of potential. I think he's the only guy in the system with truly high end potential, we'll just have to see if he can reach it.
I hope he reaches his max potential as we need the next level player for the future of this team. I hope he packs on some weight because players lose about 10-15 during a season and at 185 i think he needs to get heavier. He is only 19 and if he can make a huge impact by 22 that would be ideal.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he reaches his max potential as we need the next level player for the future of this team. I hope he packs on some weight because players lose about 10-15 during a season and at 185 i think he needs to get heavier. He is only 19 and if he can make a huge impact by 22 that would be ideal.
He's bigger than Gaudreau by 3 inches and 20 pounds. if he can produce like Johnny Hockey, I'd be thrilled

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's bigger than Gaudreau by 3 inches and 20 pounds. if he can produce like Johnny Hockey, I'd be thrilled
I compare him more to Alix D'Brincat since they are both coming from the OHL with similar stats and Frost is a little bigger which is good for us. If he fills out that 6'0 frame id say 75 points per year wouldn't be out of the question but hopefully we could get more than that considering his potential.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHY Get ready for the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Bacon you too because you brought the Rams some luck!!!

:yes: :yes: :yes:
If by luck you mean that ref totally blowing that call, then yea lol. Def be rooting for thr Rams revenge on cheatin Fag Brady.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by luck you mean that ref totally blowing that call, then yea lol. Def be rooting for thr Rams revenge on cheatin Fag Brady.

What call? I thought those refs were awesome.

cd33eb762f30f3e11c7982ef69057c88.jpg

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Weise has cleared waivers but hasn't reported to the Phantoms. Whats going on with that?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes sense i hope we can get something decent for him.

Considering he passed through waivers where he could've been had for free, I wouldn't get your hopes up. If/when he gets moved, I expect the Flyers will retain salary and get either a late round pick or a minor leaguer for him. The benefit the Flyers will get is a portion of his cap hit in savings and a roster spot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he passed through waivers where he could've been had for free, I wouldn't get your hopes up. If/when he gets moved, I expect the Flyers will retain salary and get either a late round pick or a minor leaguer for him. The benefit the Flyers will get is a portion of his cap hit in savings and a roster spot.
This sounds about right. He passed through waivers where he could've been had for free so the team that will be trading for him didn't have to pay the full salary. Id rather get a late round pick or a minor league than lose him for nothing.