• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets start making up trades we would like to see to gain some posts.
Well my trades depend on who's availible. I can only hope we get great returns on Simmer and Raffl, but off season targets for me are still either Panarin, Duchene and a solid Dman. With the cap space we will have I'd love to see all 3 of those things happen. Not sure how much more will be off the books but I know we are in good shape to negotiate. Hopefully Fletcher has more over all vision then Hextall had.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we need to clear all our other goalies off the books and find a solid back up for Hart. Not sure who we could get for cheap but hoping somebody better then Elliott etc.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we need to clear all our other goalies off the books and find a solid back up for Hart. Not sure who we could get for cheap but hoping somebody better then Elliott etc.

Most of them do clear.

McKenna - UFA
Stolarz - RFA
Elliot - UFA
Neuvirth - UFA

Hart, Lyon, and Sandstrom (on loan in SWE) are the only 3 goalies they have under contract for next year. I'd imagine the Flyers are pretty content with Lyon/Sandstrom in the AHL next year (or re-signing Stolarz and loaning Sandstrom out again), which leaves an open spot for a backup/split time guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with Stolarz as a back up to Hart.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my trades depend on who's availible. I can only hope we get great returns on Simmer and Raffl, but off season targets for me are still either Panarin, Duchene and a solid Dman. With the cap space we will have I'd love to see all 3 of those things happen. Not sure how much more will be off the books but I know we are in good shape to negotiate. Hopefully Fletcher has more over all vision then Hextall had.
I want to see Meyers up and Freidman and maybe even Morin so some defenseman have to go.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with Stolarz as a back up to Hart.

I'd prefer someone with more experience and less injury prone. I like Stolarz, but I'm not sure he can be relied upon should anything come off the rails with Hart. A vet might be able to help get Hart back on track a little better, and Stolarz has been pretty injury prone.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Meyers up and Freidman and maybe even Morin so some defenseman have to go.

Getting pretty young on D if you keep Ghost, Provorov, and Hagg as well.

I definitely want to see Myers and Morin play a good number of games after the deadline. Lets see what they bring to the table. I'm pretty optimistic on Myers. I'd love to have Morin's size and style on defense, but I'm less high on him considering he was drafted almost 6 years ago and has only played 3 NHL games.

Once they get some NHL games this year you can better assess what needs to be done on defense. But as it stands, I'd like to see them look at Stralman or Edler as UFAs in the offseason. Both guys have a lot of experience and have been on winning teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting pretty young on D if you keep Ghost, Provorov, and Hagg as well.

I definitely want to see Myers and Morin play a good number of games after the deadline. Lets see what they bring to the table. I'm pretty optimistic on Myers. I'd love to have Morin's size and style on defense, but I'm less high on him considering he was drafted almost 6 years ago and has only played 3 NHL games.

Once they get some NHL games this year you can better assess what needs to be done on defense. But as it stands, I'd like to see them look at Stralman or Edler as UFAs in the offseason. Both guys have a lot of experience and have been on winning teams.
With a Folin and Gudas trade and McDonald down to the AHL that opens three spots. One filled by Meyers another by Stralman would be good. Edler has to many stat years where hes a minus so i dont like him but maybe the other spot goes to Morin as a 6/7

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a Folin and Gudas trade and McDonald down to the AHL that opens three spots. One filled by Meyers another by Stralman would be good. Edler has to many stat years where hes a minus so i dont like him but maybe the other spot goes to Morin as a 6/7

Not quite sure I'm ready to move Gudas to make room for Morin. But the rest I can agree with. If Provorov and Ghost return to form, Stralman and Sanhiem round out their top 4, I think that would put them in good shape. That would leave Gudas, Hagg, Myers, and Morin to round out the 5/6/7 slots and push AMac out. Gudas, Myers, and Stralman could give you 3 RHD which would be nice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lot of money spent just on goaltending this season:

2018-19 salary
Carter Hart – $650,000

Mike McKenna – $700,000

Anthony Stolarz – $761,250