• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It has to be more positive its doesn't get any worse than being in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league.
I think we have seen this play out enough times to know that it won't lead to long term success. We can't let this get in the way of making smart hockey moves for next year. Simmonds is not exactly the definition of the new NHL and we are paying a guy 7 mil (JVR) to do what he is best at already.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree it's way more than a longshot, but if they won lets say 10 of those games and Simmer is lights out it kind of puts you in a tough position. I still say let him go and get all you can get. Never know what next year will be like.

Even if they win 10 of those games, that puts them in a position where they can only lose 1 or 2 games after that to have a realistic shot at the playoffs. That's how long the odds are haha

But, we agree, have to let him go. I was on board for keeping him as an 'internal rental' at the beginning of the year and losing him for nothing if that's what happened. But I was thinking they'd be relatively comfortably in the playoffs at this point in the season :L.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have seen this play out enough times to know that it won't lead to long term success. We can't let this get in the way of making smart hockey moves for next year. Simmonds is not exactly the definition of the new NHL and we are paying a guy 7 mil (JVR) to do what he is best at already.
I 100% agree and argued the JVR signing all summer that we already had a JVR in Simmonds who is a more all around type player who scores 30 goals. The fact that we didn't sign Simmonds and we signed JVR is still mind boggling to me. I guess moves like that has brought us to where we are now bottom feeders.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree and argued the JVR signing all summer that we already had a JVR in Simmonds who is a more all around type player who scores 30 goals. The fact that we didn't sign Simmonds and we signed JVR is still mind boggling to me. I guess moves like that has brought us to where we are now bottom feeders.

Just curious

Without JVR getting injured how many goals would he be on pace for?
Looks to me around 30 goals

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have traded Weal and Leier, which means I hardly recognize the current roster.:L I for one, still hope we are sellers. Get some of the younger guys up to get there feet wet and retool for next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious

Without JVR getting injured how many goals would he be on pace for?
Looks to me around 30 goals
A few things about this is:
He did get hurt so hes on pace for exactly what he has now the big Puss
He scored all his goals in only 9 games the other 27 games he was invisible.
He cant PK hes a huge liability 4 on 4 and he should never step on the ice in OT
Lastly we already had a thirty goal scorer who is a way better all around player that we were willing to give up for nothing why not just sign that player in Simmonds

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have traded Weal and Leier, which means I hardly recognize the current roster.:L I for one, still hope we are sellers. Get some of the younger guys up to get there feet wet and retool for next year.
I agree 100% Id like to see Meyers and Vecchione and maybe Friedman to gain much needed experience

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things about this is:
He did get hurt so hes on pace for exactly what he has now the big Puss
He scored all his goals in only 9 games the other 27 games he was invisible.
He cant PK hes a huge liability 4 on 4 and he should never step on the ice in OT
Lastly we already had a thirty goal scorer who is a way better all around player that we were willing to give up for nothing why not just sign that player in Simmonds

Thats not what I am asking

When JVR was signed we all expected about 30 goals and could live with that.
We knew he was a defensive liability that hasnt changed

He was signed to score.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was signed to score.
Why was he signed to score and Simmonds who scores and plays a better all around game wasn't is what im asking.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he signed to score and Simmonds who scores and plays a better all around game wasn't is what im asking.
Thats a good question. Who knows what the thinking was.
All I am saying is we knew what JVR was. Not a great skater. Not very good on defense.
But he can score and has great hands. And in the right situation he could thrive. I understand the signing. It just hasnt worked out as of yet but its far from just his problem. Getting hurt set him back right off the hop. And then he stepped into a lineup that was in utter chaos.
Give him credit for coming around and producing lately

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was signed to score.

Good luck. :suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a good question. Who knows what the thinking was.
All I am saying is we knew what JVR was. Not a great skater. Not very good on defense.
But he can score and has great hands. And in the right situation he could thrive. I understand the signing. It just hasnt worked out as of yet but its far from just his problem. Getting hurt set him back right off the hop. And then he stepped into a lineup that was in utter chaos.
Give him credit for coming around and producing lately
Ill give Gee and TK credit as JVR wasnt thriving in any other offensive situation. Where else can you stand around do nothing and let the other two do all the work and get credit for scoring off a tip in.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck. :suds:
Good luck thinking a POS player is going to help us get closer to a cup. we already are seeing the results of the JVR signing. We have never been as bad as this year. :L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck thinking a POS player is going to help us get closer to a cup. we already are seeing the results of the JVR signing. We have never been as bad as this year. :L

Done taking the bait! Enjoy! :suds:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I saw a glimpse of the future.

The Flyers got exceptional goaltending, played a strong PK and by not forcing the game and using their skating in all three zones, wore down a team that was on the 2nd night of a back to back. They played with discipline. They played like Giroux on all four lines...well, the Giroux who doesn't take shifts off, but he seems to have resurfaced.

I am not confident that this will be the night in, night out for the remainder of the season. It is enough to make the team more fun to watch...and to really feel there is hope for the future.