• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how many times i can say the core needs to go. Ill say it again the core needs to go. Gee and Simmonds first the rest over the summer how is that hypocritical? Wait Ill say it one more time the core needs to go as they are the only constant in our 7 years of disappointing hockey.
One other side note the core needs to go.

Because you said you need to get rid of the scrubs too. If they have scrubs to get rid of and have had scrubs they needed to get rid of all 7 years of your scale, then you haven't given the 'core' a fair shot to win playoff games.

As long as you surround the core with mediocre/bad players, how can you expect them to win? AMac, Weise, Weal, Varone, Lehtera, etc are not good enough to build a competitive team. I refuse to blame the core for losing when the GM (Hextall, Holmgren, Fletcher, whoever) puts a sub-NHL caliber team around them. And 7 of the last 7 years, that has been the case. The core still managed to drag them kicking and screaming to the playoffs 4 of those years.

I thought they'd get enough out of their goalies this year to be competitive. I thought they had enough talent on offense, defense, and on the PP to overcome what we knew would be a trash PK. I was wrong on those fronts. This team still does not have enough talent to win hockey games. The goaltending is abysmal, the defense took a step back, and the forward depth has not progressed.

None of that is Giroux's fault. He can't teach Ghost to play better defense. He cant force Provorov to play consistently. He can't teach Elliot and Neuvirth to stop getting hurt. He can't coach the PK to do something other than the passive shit box (which they seem to have altered lately, which has been better). He can't go out and add a real goaltender in the offseason or hire a better coach. He can put up points and play well on the PK, which he has done.

The GM has not put the Flyers in a position to win playoff games. Plain and simple. Hextall said that was going to be the case for a few years. The owner agreed to that when he hired him. It was time to turn the corner this summer, Hextall didn't, he threw out essentially the same team as last year, and he got fired for it.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers traded Hall because they needed a shake up. Hall became an MVP caliber player and the Oilers still suck.

Trading a superstar player to shake things up is an unnecessary risk.
IDK man, the Av's traded Duchene for the same reasons and he is playing very good, but oh my look at the Av's improvement.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK man, the Av's traded Duchene for the same reasons and he is playing very good, but oh my look at the Av's improvement.

That’s a pretty good example for the contrary. I’ll give you that. But who are the Flyers equivalents to Rantanen or
MacKinnon? The Avs had the luxury of making a move like that because they had future stars behind him.

I like Frost, Farabee, and Konecny, I think they’re going to be good players. But they’re no MacKinnons.

If #loseforhughes pans out and they have Jack Hughes coming down the pipe, then maybe you can consider trading Giroux. But until then, I really don’t think you can. Unless you unload him for a guy that’s got the potential to be a super star. But then you’re trading Giroux for high end future pieces, not because you want to win in 19-20.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Targets for this team to bring in, Duchene, Panarin and Bobrovsky.

And that’s my other point. There’s so much talent to be had between now and July 1st that you don’t have to trade Giroux for. How good would Panarin look playing with Giroux? Or Duchene as your 2nd line center? Or Karlsson anchoring your defense?

There’s so much they can do to totally makeover the team. They don’t need to trade Giroux to do that.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a pretty good example for the contrary. I’ll give you that. But who are the Flyers equivalents to Rantanen or
MacKinnon? The Avs had the luxury of making a move like that because they had future stars behind him.

I like Frost, Farabee, and Konecny, I think they’re going to be good players. But they’re no MacKinnons.

If #loseforhughes pans out and they have Jack Hughes coming down the pipe, then maybe you can consider trading Giroux. But until then, I really don’t think you can. Unless you unload him for a guy that’s got the potential to be a super star. But then you’re trading Giroux for high end future pieces, not because you want to win in 19-20.
You are correct to, also raping Ottawa for some good role players helped to.:D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it’s such a good time for them to strike. They can probably re-sign some of the RFAs for cheaper than expected. They have a bunch of cap space to spend on these high profile guys. And they have a bunch of prospects that can come fill in the depth.

This season blows. We can all agree on that.

But I still think, with the right moves the rest of the way and this summer, that the future is extremely bright.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s my other point. There’s so much talent to be had between now and July 1st that you don’t have to trade Giroux for. How good would Panarin look playing with Giroux? Or Duchene as your 2nd line center? Or Karlsson anchoring your defense?

There’s so much they can do to totally makeover the team. They don’t need to trade Giroux to do that.
Oh I agree 100%, Giroux does what he is supposed to do on this team and that is offense, I don't want to see him go but I think we all agree we def improve the over all cast. Panarin on a line with Gee would be sick!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it’s such a good time for them to strike. They can probably re-sign some of the RFAs for cheaper than expected. They have a bunch of cap space to spend on these high profile guys. And they have a bunch of prospects that can come fill in the depth.

But I still think, with the right moves the rest of the way and this summer, that the future is extremely bright.
I agree with you, as crappy as we've been I think it's just a question of filling the holes with better players, puts us right back on the map for next year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree 100%, Giroux does what he is supposed to do on this team and that is offense, I don't want to see him go but I think we all agree we def improve the over all cast. Panarin on a line with Gee would be sick!

Yep. Just have to grit your teeth and take it this season I think. Don’t make any panic moves and just get to the off-season where you can really make some franchise altering additions.

Who knows, maybe they get lucky and get to draft a star at the draft.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have significant cap space next year. We had a ton of space this year and lose Lehtera, Simmonds and Raffl next year which is about another 10 million. Keep Gee and add 1 dman and 1 forward plus a goalie and we still have space.

Dmen
Karlsson
Tyler Myers
Jake Gardner

Forwards
Mark Stone
Panarin
Duschane
Skinner

Goalie
???
???
???

Those guys look much better on the team with Gee in the mix than without him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we get rid of Gee now then we set ourselves up in the best possible position for #LoseForHughes or Kakko in which case it makes more sense to trade Gee at the deadline.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will however agree with this post 1000000%

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, as crappy as we've been I think it's just a question of filling the holes with better players, puts us right back on the map for next year.
We have been hearing this same story for 7 years now. Time to blow it up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have significant cap space next year. We had a ton of space this year and lose Lehtera, Simmonds and Raffl next year which is about another 10 million. Keep Gee and add 1 dman and 1 forward plus a goalie and we still have space.

Dmen
Karlsson
Tyler Myers
Jake Gardner

Forwards
Mark Stone
Panarin
Duschane
Skinner

Goalie
???
???
???

Those guys look much better on the team with Gee in the mix than without him.
This on paper has a chance to work but just like we did all last season and post after post after post all drool over getting Taveras and look at what happened. I cant look into getting free agents because you see how good we did in that area last free agent signing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get rid of Gee now then we set ourselves up in the best possible position for #LoseForHughes or Kakko in which case it makes more sense to trade Gee at the deadline.

If the odds were better, I might be open to that. But even if the Flyers finish dead last, there's only a 35% chance they get the 1st or 2nd overall picks. 18.5% for 1st, 16.5% for 2nd. That's too risky for my taste. Plus, I think Hughes has a ceiling of Giroux-level. I'm not sold Kakko is at that level.

2019 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon