• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a bright note-we didn't lose today,and won't lose tomorrow.Saturday's forecast?

I'm hosting a euchre tourney Saturday night,so I'll have a lot of brews to get me through the game.

Is Fletcher on the phone with Quenville yet.His salary doesn't go against the cap you dumb fuck!
I like the forecast. It may shape up to be a 7-6 game in our favor.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be against Crawford but without better D he would have the same fate...would need Keith in the deal which would make it a blockbuster!
Not really, there are a few ways we could do it without giving up a ton, this is where we see how creative our new GM can be.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any type of shake up is necessary lets do it although Chicago might get a good laugh
Let them laugh. Beyond Toews and Kane they have 0 offensive help, may be the spark both Crawford and Kieth need to? Either way bringing in Kieths vet leadership to steady a young defense would be helpful.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them laugh. Beyond Toews and Kane they have 0 offensive help, may be the spark both Crawford and Kieth need to? Either way bringing in Kieths vet leadership to steady a young defense would be helpful.
Anyone coming back our way would be a help at this point.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Parayko and Muzzin are interesting, but I think Pesce is a real interesting name too. Coyle is a somewhat interesting name up front to me too. All could help the PK, are young enough to fit in to the future, and are signed beyond this year.

In net, I'm not super interested in Howard, especially not at the rumored 1st round pick price Detroit has on him right now. Though he is having a pretty good year.

Pesce sticks out the most to me. Could bring a lot of defensive ability that the Flyers are lacking, but think they have in AMac. Plus Pesce is on a great contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parayko and Muzzin are interesting, but I think Pesce is a real interesting name too. Coyle is a somewhat interesting name up front to me too. All could help the PK, are young enough to fit in to the future, and are signed beyond this year.

In net, I'm not super interested in Howard, especially not at the rumored 1st round pick price Detroit has on him right now. Though he is having a pretty good year.

Pesce sticks out the most to me. Could bring a lot of defensive ability that the Flyers are lacking, but think they have in AMac. Plus Pesce is on a great contract.
Parayko is coveted by several teams in order to get him we will have to give up a lot.

Im interested in Talbot for goalie as i believe he can be had cheap with his pending free agent status coming up

Pesce makes the same money as Ghost and is signed until 2023-24. Does he add the same value to a team as ghost? That would be my question in trying top trade for him

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parayko is coveted by several teams in order to get him we will have to give up a lot.

Im interested in Talbot for goalie as i believe he can be had cheap with his pending free agent status coming up

Pesce makes the same money as Ghost and is signed until 2023-24. Does he add the same value to a team as ghost? That would be my question in trying top trade for him

My thought is, if you want to shake things up, guys like Pesce and Parayko are good targets. You get some serious value back for them, but of course, they cost a lot.

I think Pesce could be a good defensive partner for Ghost or Sanheim in the future. He's more of a stay at home guy (but he can make good breakout passes too), which would be a good compliment. So I do think he adds similar value to Ghost, but more defensive instead of offensive. Good on the PK, stuff like that.

Parayko is more like Provorov IMO, in that he's really good on both sides of the puck. And he's a monster (6-6 230). My guess is if you're going for Parayko, Nolan Patrick is where St. Louis starts it's talks.

I think you could get Pesce for a little less than Parayko, which is why he'd be my target. Word on the street is Carolina is looking for offense. Do you look at doing something with Voracek / Pesce being the centerpiece? Probably need more components to it than that, but if those are the key pieces, are you interested? I think the contract certainty of Pesce would be an added obstacle for the Flyers, and I'm guessing Simmonds wouldn't really be an option for them for that reason. Voracek would be a lot to give up, but you save cap space and buy more future in a move like that. Plus you might actually get better on the ice.

Those moves are difficult to pull off though, apparently. Because we don't see many trades like that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to trade Voracek away, that's the equivalent of blowing the team up, quite frankly.

We're not there yet. That's what happens after you've tried absolutely everything else.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is, if you want to shake things up, guys like Pesce and Parayko are good targets. You get some serious value back for them, but of course, they cost a lot.

I think Pesce could be a good defensive partner for Ghost or Sanheim in the future. He's more of a stay at home guy (but he can make good breakout passes too), which would be a good compliment. So I do think he adds similar value to Ghost, but more defensive instead of offensive. Good on the PK, stuff like that.

Parayko is more like Provorov IMO, in that he's really good on both sides of the puck. And he's a monster (6-6 230). My guess is if you're going for Parayko, Nolan Patrick is where St. Louis starts it's talks.

I think you could get Pesce for a little less than Parayko, which is why he'd be my target. Word on the street is Carolina is looking for offense. Do you look at doing something with Voracek / Pesce being the centerpiece? Probably need more components to it than that, but if those are the key pieces, are you interested? I think the contract certainty of Pesce would be an added obstacle for the Flyers, and I'm guessing Simmonds wouldn't really be an option for them for that reason. Voracek would be a lot to give up, but you save cap space and buy more future in a move like that. Plus you might actually get better on the ice.

Those moves are difficult to pull off though, apparently. Because we don't see many trades like that.
I agree with a lot of your assesment here. The one thing you could look at is if you have to give up Voracek now, I almost garuantee Simmonds brings you back something around the trade deadline, someone will be looking for his talents around then.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah...Friday night hockey. One bottle of red in my belly.
We are spared the speculation about Neuvirth and Elliot tonight.

I look forward to seeing how the team responds tonight following the shit show that was Calgary.

If Stoli can keep things buttoned down, Giroux and Jake get rolling, it could be very interesting.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can score 5 or 6 goals on anyone, but can we prevent teams from doing the same to us? So far this season, not at all.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears that the team never left Calgary. Wtf is up with this shit?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears that the team never left Calgary. Wtf is up with this shit?

There's zero urgency. The Oilers aren't even playing well and they're up 3-0 on us...Lol Our power play is a complete disaster. All we do is pass the puck around the outside until someone turns it over and it's cleared down the ice. Nobody even trying to get the puck through with traffic. We're looking for that perfect, pretty play and it's not there.

At this rate, I'm firing Hakstol after the road trip. This is embarrassing.

Chris Therien is spot-on here during the intermission. It's what I was just saying above. We're not matching their intensity or urgency. It's unacceptable and terrible to watch too.