• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tomorrow we’ll have to read how the core sucks and needs to be blown up. JvR is useless. Giroux has no heart. Voracek just floats around. All that complete bull shit over and over again.

This team is so damn depressing right now.
:dhd:I'll go out on a limb here and guess this is exactly his quote first thing in the morning. JvR being the giveaway, lol.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere Joel Quenneville is enjoying his time off getting paid Hawks money and waiting patiently for the Flyers to give him a blank check to coach these scrubs to learn how to keep leads, play discipline hockey, and how to win games.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:I'll go out on a limb here and guess this is exactly his quote first thing in the morning. JvR being the giveaway, lol.

The fact is, it’s tough to win when you take 4 penalties in the 3rd period.

Giroux, Jake, Coots, and JvR combined for 7 points and took 0 penalties. This loss had absolutely nothing to do with them. They played well enough to win. And the stats don’t show it, but I thought Stolarz did too. He was under siege almost the entire game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has improved. And I’ll give him props for that. I still don’t want him out there defending the lead.

And the penalties thing was 100% luck tonight. He took 2 penalties in the 3rd, the refs just didn’t call them.

And I don’t want him on the PP either. The flyers have better, more talented players than him. If Simmonds is the net front on PP2, there’s no reason for Weise to be out there. He just doesn’t have enough talent to justify playing on the PP, regardless of how many board battles he wins.

I’m fine with Weise in the lineup. He’s playing well and makes for a good 4th liner right now. If you think he has the talent level of an all situations player then you aren’t going to win a Cup. Period.

More time than Patrick, Laughton, Lindblom and Simmonds. That’s an absolute joke.

Quite frankly, Weise has been rewarded with more ice time because he IS playing well. These other guys you mention are mostly not performing anywhere near their potential. So, fuck 'em. I want a guy that is playing hard and getting better.

Almost 7 minutes of special teams time alone for Weise tonight and he's earned it. If someone else wants that time, go fucking take it from him.

Nobody is saying Weise is better than Patrick or Simmonds, but sometimes you ride the hot hand or play the guy that looks more interested in playing.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux, Jake, Coots, and JvR combined for 7 points and took 0 penalties. This loss had absolutely nothing to do with them. They played well enough to win. And the stats don’t show it, but I thought Stolarz did too. He was under siege almost the entire game.
Five goals normally will win you a lot of games. The blame is either defense, goaltending or both. Penalties have always been an issue for the Flyers and I'm not sure if it's lazy play or just tired?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, Weise has been rewarded with more ice time because he IS playing well. These other guys you mention are mostly not performing anywhere near their potential. So, fuck 'em. I want a guy that is playing hard and getting better.

Almost 7 minutes of special teams time alone for Weise tonight and he's earned it. If someone else wants that time, go fucking take it from him.

Nobody is saying Weise is better than Patrick or Simmonds, but sometimes you ride the hot hand or play the guy that looks more interested in playing.

Then sometimes you are going to give up goals in key moments because he loses a foot race and then doesn’t have a tight gap defensively and let’s Tkchuk walk in off the half boards.

Maybe it happens with the other guys out there, maybe it doesn’t. We’ll obviously never know.

I would’ve had someone else out there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five goals normally will win you a lot of games. The blame is either defense, goaltending or both. Penalties have always been an issue for the Flyers and I'm not sure if it's lazy play or just tired?

Today they were just stupid penalties. Simmonds lost his temper. So did ghost. And Laughton was just being an idiot.

Raffl’s penalty in the 3rd was a bad call.

For me, the defense was a shit show tonight. I don’t think they would’ve tried to cover a Flames guy if he went 1 on 5 against them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then sometimes you are going to give up goals in key moments because he loses a foot race and then doesn’t have a tight gap defensively and let’s Tkchuk walk in off the half boards.

There is plenty of blame to go around defensively for us in tonight's game...Lol Many players and many different situations. I mentioned a couple egregious mistakes earlier by Patrick. He is young and will learn and grow, but I'll take a vet that is playing well over him with a late lead.

Now with MacD, I am not so sure he's playing well or ever has as a Flyer...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, after this fiasco, I still have to hear about Duchene's lucky backhand flip to beat us in another game we had no business losing. It was apparently the top play on sportsnet.

It's just unreal how many points we've donated to other teams through only 29 games.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Fucking Brian Burke saying he'd go into the dressing room and strangle about five of the Calgary players for winning games this way.

Well, how about losing games when you're up 5-3 with 1:10 to play!?! I guess the whole team would be dead...Lol

In my opinion, these are the types of results that really go a long way toward getting Hakstol fired.

If your team is not prepared to defend a two goal lead with a minute left, get the fuck out of here. And we repeatedly keep losing games within the first minute of OT as well.

Remember when this team used to be amazing in OT and with these same players?

This all points to a team that is not confident in locking down games or playing to win. That's poor preparation and the head coach has to own it.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home after this disaster trying to figure out what the hell happened. Obviously some horrible penalties, bad D and again the worst luck. G was all over the ice so was Couts Stoli could have been a little better but I'm not going to blame him for wide open guys in the slot. He also made quite a few big saves. It's just baffling seems like the younger players have no confidence yet for large stretches they controlled play.

They need a vet dman to step up and AMac just isn't getting it done. Gudas has been decent but it's not enough young guys are too fragile still. How much time do they have to wait this out? Someone mentioned pieterangelo who would be awesome but at what cost... I'm not sure any coach can get thesethese kids through their growing pains.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol has got to be gone, these players have 0 growth under him. Our defense is total garbage and not getting better, Sanheim has been the only bright spot there. I agree with others that a fresh perspective at coach can't be a bad thing right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Why have we benched AMac for 15 games and then just suddenly brought him back for no reason whatsoever?

He's terrible. We're 4-7-3 when he plays and in each of those wins, we scored 4+ goals. So, we're always giving up a ton of goals when he suits up. In fact, it's 4.1 goals against per game. That's about half a goal higher than our average for the whole season.

I guess the thought process is that we need a veteran to settle the youngsters, but MacD has proven to be worse than all of them, often making "rookie" mistakes of his own. If anything, he is teaching the youngsters what NOT to do...Lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Folin is a healthy scratch these days and he's a +7 on the season. Wtf are we doing here!?

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tomorrow we’ll have to read how the core sucks and needs to be blown up. JvR is useless. Giroux has no heart. Voracek just floats around. All that complete bull shit over and over again.

This team is so damn depressing right now.
The core sucks blow up this team and JVR suck worse than anyone on the team. Cant get any worse and we still have the same players.

This team is depressing because of no all around players and NO HEART!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s playing well for Dale Weise. If you’re running Dale Weise level talent out there as an all situations guy, you’re not going to win consistently. He just doesn’t have enough talent.
Dale Weiss last 11 games 3 goals
JVR last 11 games 3 goals

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol has got to be gone, these players have 0 growth under him. Our defense is total garbage and not getting better, Sanheim has been the only bright spot there. I agree with others that a fresh perspective at coach can't be a bad thing right now.
Blow this team up starting with Hakstol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 of the best offensive only (except coots) players on the team with 7 points. That is a pretty common occurrence in most games these days why are you bringing that up as such a big achievement?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of the best offensive only (except coots) players on the team with 7 points. That is a pretty common occurrence in most games these days why are you bringing that up as such a big achievement?

It's common because they're good players and you need offense to win. We're lucky to have good offensive players that can consistently put up points. Getting rid of them isn't going to solve shit. It's just going to create another hole.

I'm so tired of having this same argument over and over again.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team sucks this year because

1. The goalies suck.
2. Provorov and Ghost were supposed to be the top pair and neither of them are playing anywhere close to that level. Provorov (and the goalies) playing better helps the PK. Ghost playing better helps the PP.

Blaming the 'core' is ridiculous. Couturier and Giroux are the biggest parts of that core and they've been the Flyers best players all season long. Giroux is on pace to exceed last years numbers where he was the 2nd best offensive player in the entire fuckin league.