• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's part of what I'm concerned about. Making a change to help this season, I can understand. But it's a damn flood gate of rumors right now. Everyone saying they're looking for a goalie, a top 4 dman, and a top 9 forward. Maybe it's all bluster, but if you actually make trades for all 3 of those, you're severely gutting the future.

- Crawford or Quick is probably a 1st round pick and a decent prospect. (Something like a 1st and Farabee)
- A top 4 dman is probably a 2nd or 3rd and a low-grade prospect. (3rd and Aube-Kubel)
- A top 9 forward, if he's a center, would be a first and a good prospect, or two good prospects if they deal the 1st for a goalie. (Friedman, Allison)

And that falls in the 'ruining things' bucket to me. Giving up all that just to make the playoffs this year? That's way too much. I'm in it to win the cup at some point, not scratch and claw our way to the playoffs this year. He'd almost undo all the good Hextall did in like 3 months on the job.

Yeah, fuck that for Quick or Crawford. Quick is turning 33 shortly and will give you a cap hit at close to $6m for 4 more seasons. Same salary for Crawford and he's turning 34 shortly with only this season and next remaining.

Hextall did far too much good for it to be erased. The cap situation is about to be immaculate once we lose Lehtera, MacD and our goalies. That and the prospect pool is pretty well stacked with talent already, including two extra picks even for the 2019 draft.

I would consider trades for maybe a #4 defenseman and #2 center, but it can't be a move for just this season only. I know we're sick of watching this mess, but we should improve a lot just by getting healthy in net and continuing to grow our youngsters.

Besides, if this inconsistency continues throughout the season, I think all of our coaches get fired, including Hakstol obviously.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's part of what I'm concerned about. Making a change to help this season, I can understand. But it's a damn flood gate of rumors right now. Everyone saying they're looking for a goalie, a top 4 dman, and a top 9 forward. Maybe it's all bluster, but if you actually make trades for all 3 of those, you're severely gutting the future.

- Crawford or Quick is probably a 1st round pick and a decent prospect. (Something like a 1st and Farabee)
- A top 4 dman is probably a 2nd or 3rd and a low-grade prospect. (3rd and Aube-Kubel)
- A top 9 forward, if he's a center, would be a first and a good prospect, or two good prospects if they deal the 1st for a goalie. (Friedman, Allison)

And that falls in the 'ruining things' bucket to me. Giving up all that just to make the playoffs this year? That's way too much. I'm in it to win the cup at some point, not scratch and claw our way to the playoffs this year. He'd almost undo all the good Hextall did in like 3 months on the job.
I quite honestly think we could get Crawford on a good deal, I know we have cap space to manuever and you only need to try and get two years out of him, bring hart up next year abd back him up, learn. Then following season reverse rolls. Don't think it would cost us much if any future, plus Kevin Weekes brought up a good point about our stars, they are peaking and it's being wasted.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Toronto is looking for a Dman, if you traded one of ours, who would it be and what would you try to get back in return?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think the big issues with this team right now aside from the obvious goalie carousel are Patrick, Ghost and Provorov. This is supposed to be our second line center (possible future first line) and top defensive pairing.

Well, none of them have taken the next step. In fact, they've all taken three steps back, and that falls on the shoulders of one Dave Hakstol.

Where on earth is the wisdom and guidance of an elite ncaa coach that was supposed to grow our youngsters by leaps and bounds?

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick with the puck on his stick right in the slot (practically dead center) and he tries to pass it through sticks to a teammate. Shoot the fucking puck, kid, that's a glorious position to shoot from!!

Failure to cover guys right in front of our net on the goal against and again on the penalty kill. If you're not gonna take the wood to some guys for fear of a penalty, at least fucking check them one way or another. Hagg certainly needs work in this area.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad start except for being down a goal. FLYERS had its of chances. Everyone should keep cool about Patrick takes time look at McKinnon now there were trade rumors about him at one time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just telling it like it is. Patrick with the turnover on the power play that led to the second goal against too. These are moments that he can absolutely learn from and thankfully we are scoring our way out of this.

Jesus, at this rate, it could be a 9-8 or 10-9 game by the end of the night.

JvR with some great hands in tight to tie it, Couturier with a beautiful tip top shelf and Weise scores a lucky one on Smith from the point that was incredibly weak.

Now fucking Moneyhands with the power play goal to make it 4-3 Flyers.

We need to stop taking penalties...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 3rd period will be a challenge. Let's see if we can get back on track offensively and have a lot of discipline.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COOTS TOP CHEESE BABY!!!

Defense leads to offense. That might be the game winner.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, this is difficult to watch. We've pretty much been killing one long penalty for the entire fucking period.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's probably a point choked away. I'm betting on a really quick OT loss coming here. Let's find out...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty fucking embarrassing. 5-3 lead with 1:10 to play and we lose 5-6 just 35 seconds into OT.

I cannot fucking believe what I have just seen.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 seconds to victory and who jumps over the bench to kill it off? Dale fucking Weise. If I was a player in the team I would’ve just walked into the locker room at that point. What a damn waste.

Only consistency the Flyers are able to string together is finding ways to lose.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of this game didn't miss you off, then I don't know what will. This feels like a pick in the nuts to me. We have up two fucking goals with a 1:07 left in regulation. Wtf is up with that? And to lose it like 25 seconds in OT is just ..!!? Fuck this team, fuck our coaching staff, and fuck this damn season. Oh and fuck our shit broke-dick goaltending.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 seconds to victory and who jumps over the bench to kill it off? Dale fucking Weise. If I was a player in the team I would’ve just walked into the locker room at that point. What a damn waste.

Only consistency the Flyers are able to string together is finding ways to lose.

Weise has actually been an entirely different player this season. I'm more concerned with MacD being on the ice during these clutch moments.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope someone handcuffs Fletcher to a chair and keeps his phone away from him. I don’t want him to do anything until February. If he does something now, I guarantee we’ll regret it by June.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needs to be rock bottom right?
I mean 3 days on the road to practice. And this is how you finish a game?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe we just need to get a new voice behind the bench. Its time now if it ever was

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weise has actually been an entirely different player this season. I'm more concerned with MacD being on the ice during these clutch moments.

Ya he’s been a step up from the worst god damn player in the NHL that he was last year. Doesn’t mean you should put him out there. That’s asinine. Konecny and Varone are the only two guys I’d take Weise over for that spot.