• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing offensive seasons by the following:

Simmer
Laughton
Lindblom
Patrick
JVR

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top three spot in the Metro is there for the taking. We're just five points back with a game in hand. The only question is whether or not we want that as a team.

To date, we're not performing well enough against our own conference and division. Nothing will change that tonight, but let's see what kind of jump we come out with.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. All right, let’s look through some other stuff. Philadelphia GM Chuck Fletcher joined his team for its Western Canadian road trip. He’s going to use it as an opportunity to talk face-to-face with several players. Wayne Simmonds is one. There will be a “re-start” in negotiations soon. No guarantees, but definitely an attempt. hile we wait for the on-ice moves, the office changes continue. The Athletic’s Michael Russo reported that, as expected, Brent Flahr will leave Minnesota to join his longtime compatriot. And no one would be surprised if former Buffalo GM Tim Murray follows in a scouting role.

8. The Flyers have made it clear they are looking for a goalie, but aren’t the first team to survey the market and not be thrilled with the options. Anaheim, looking to replace the injured Ryan Miller, claimed Chad Johnson on waivers and traded for Jeff Glass from AHL Toronto. Detroit’s made it clear it wants at least a first-round pick for Jimmy Howard. Craig Anderson’s carried a huge load for Ottawa, facing a ton of rubber without much rest. At least one team indicated it was concerned about acquiring him for that reason. Not convinced Montreal is willing to move Charlie Lindgren. As both Chicago and Los Angeles look to the future, and Cal Petersen (in particular) shows potential, could they be tempted to discuss Corey Crawford and Jonathan Quick?

Elliotte Friedman, Author at Sportsnet.ca

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be quite honest, I'm not excited at all by the Fletcher hiring or the Flahr hiring. They didn't draft all that well, though they were handcuffed by trading away a lot of picks. But the trades they made didn't get Minnesota out of the 1st round. And if they bring in Tim Murray too, that'll just be a 3rd guy with a resume that says "failed to do anything of consequence as an NHL GM or AGM". Great.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. All right, let’s look through some other stuff. Philadelphia GM Chuck Fletcher joined his team for its Western Canadian road trip. He’s going to use it as an opportunity to talk face-to-face with several players. Wayne Simmonds is one. There will be a “re-start” in negotiations soon. No guarantees, but definitely an attempt. hile we wait for the on-ice moves, the office changes continue. The Athletic’s Michael Russo reported that, as expected, Brent Flahr will leave Minnesota to join his longtime compatriot. And no one would be surprised if former Buffalo GM Tim Murray follows in a scouting role.

8. The Flyers have made it clear they are looking for a goalie, but aren’t the first team to survey the market and not be thrilled with the options. Anaheim, looking to replace the injured Ryan Miller, claimed Chad Johnson on waivers and traded for Jeff Glass from AHL Toronto. Detroit’s made it clear it wants at least a first-round pick for Jimmy Howard. Craig Anderson’s carried a huge load for Ottawa, facing a ton of rubber without much rest. At least one team indicated it was concerned about acquiring him for that reason. Not convinced Montreal is willing to move Charlie Lindgren. As both Chicago and Los Angeles look to the future, and Cal Petersen (in particular) shows potential, could they be tempted to discuss Corey Crawford and Jonathan Quick?

Elliotte Friedman, Author at Sportsnet.ca
If Quick or Crawford know the will be overtaken by Hart in 2 years i say why not go for it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be quite honest, I'm not excited at all by the Fletcher hiring or the Flahr hiring. They didn't draft all that well, though they were handcuffed by trading away a lot of picks. But the trades they made didn't get Minnesota out of the 1st round. And if they bring in Tim Murray too, that'll just be a 3rd guy with a resume that says "failed to do anything of consequence as an NHL GM or AGM". Great.
Well we have them now and well have to see what they can do here and not worry about what they did in Minny.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have them now and well have to see what they can do here and not worry about what they did in Minny.

Perhaps. I don't have nearly the optimism about the future with them at the helm than I did with Hextall. He might not have been doing anything, but I didn't worry about him screwing it all up. Fletcher and Co. I do worry about them screwing it all up. I don't have any faith in them to make the right moves to get the team over the hump. The Flyers are loaded to the gills with ammo to put together a good team, but if they shoot it all in to the ground it won't make a difference.

I was frustrated too, but I think Fletcher and Co. is a step backwards from Hextall and Pryor.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Quick or Crawford know the will be overtaken by Hart in 2 years i say why not go for it.

Depending on the return of course, I would be interested in those guys. Shorter term, definite upgrade. They'd be worthy of a big price tag.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
— Talking to people around the league over the last few days, and it’s clear that new Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher is not wasting any time. He’s talked to about half the teams in the league. The sense is that he’s eager to make a move before the Dec. 19 holiday freeze, even if it’s just a small one. It’s also a multi-faceted objective. There’s the obvious desire to upgrade in goal, but what we’re also hearing is that Fletcher is asking about veteran D and top-nine forwards. So there could certainly be a few moves between now and Feb. 25. But the hope to act sooner rather than later stems from Fletcher’s desire I think to inject his dressing room with a shot of adrenaline and send a message to his leadership group that he’s not given up hope on the season.

If you don't have an Athletic subscription, it's well worth it IMO. Lots of good sports writers, especially NHL, there these days.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. I don't have nearly the optimism about the future with them at the helm than I did with Hextall. He might not have been doing anything, but I didn't worry about him screwing it all up. Fletcher and Co. I do worry about them screwing it all up. I don't have any faith in them to make the right moves to get the team over the hump. The Flyers are loaded to the gills with ammo to put together a good team, but if they shoot it all in to the ground it won't make a difference.

I was frustrated too, but I think Fletcher and Co. is a step backwards from Hextall and Pryor.

I'm not sure about these incoming guys, but I will give them a clean slate. Hexy has put the franchise in a position I think where it will be almost difficult for them to fuck this up moving forward.

We don't know the whole story, but it appears that Homer jumped the gun a bit on firing Hexy. I could understand the head coach, but why fire the GM like 20 games into a season?

What can Fletcher (or anyone) really do to create wins this season and get us into the playoffs? It's a little late for that...Lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about these incoming guys, but I will give them a clean slate. Hexy has put the franchise in a position I think where it will be almost difficult for them to fuck this up moving forward.

We don't know the whole story, but it appears that Homer jumped the gun a bit on firing Hexy. I could understand the head coach, but why fire the GM like 20 games into a season?

What can Fletcher (or anyone) really do to create wins this season and get us into the playoffs? It's a little late for that...Lol

Well, that's part of what I'm concerned about. Making a change to help this season, I can understand. But it's a damn flood gate of rumors right now. Everyone saying they're looking for a goalie, a top 4 dman, and a top 9 forward. Maybe it's all bluster, but if you actually make trades for all 3 of those, you're severely gutting the future.

- Crawford or Quick is probably a 1st round pick and a decent prospect. (Something like a 1st and Farabee)
- A top 4 dman is probably a 2nd or 3rd and a low-grade prospect. (3rd and Aube-Kubel)
- A top 9 forward, if he's a center, would be a first and a good prospect, or two good prospects if they deal the 1st for a goalie. (Friedman, Allison)

And that falls in the 'ruining things' bucket to me. Giving up all that just to make the playoffs this year? That's way too much. I'm in it to win the cup at some point, not scratch and claw our way to the playoffs this year. He'd almost undo all the good Hextall did in like 3 months on the job.