• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's common because they're good players and you need offense to win. We're lucky to have good offensive players that can consistently put up points. Getting rid of them isn't going to solve shit. It's just going to create another hole.

I'm so tired of having this same argument over and over again.
Just because you say its going to create another hole doesn't make it true. Well probably never know if we would be better without this core but one thing we do know is its the same crappy one and done or miss the playoffs with them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's common because they're good players and you need offense to win. We're lucky to have good offensive players that can consistently put up points. Getting rid of them isn't going to solve shit. It's just going to create another hole.

I'm so tired of having this same argument over and over again.
If your tried of having the same argument over and over again get on board with a team shake up so we can get this team to the next level. :nod: :10:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Why have we benched AMac for 15 games and then just suddenly brought him back for no reason whatsoever?

He's terrible. We're 4-7-3 when he plays and in each of those wins, we scored 4+ goals. So, we're always giving up a ton of goals when he suits up. In fact, it's 4.1 goals against per game. That's about half a goal higher than our average for the whole season.

I guess the thought process is that we need a veteran to settle the youngsters, but MacD has proven to be worse than all of them, often making "rookie" mistakes of his own. If anything, he is teaching the youngsters what NOT to do...Lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Folin is a healthy scratch these days and he's a +7 on the season. Wtf are we doing here!?
This was my point AMac the vet is simply not getting it done which has put more on the youngsters who obviously are going through growing pains. They need a vet who can help them along not show them how to self destruct. Folin should be in there if anything...

Another good point I heard is that the Flyer's shouldn't have sat back when up but tough when they are taking stupid penalties. Simmonds started that crap...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my point AMac the vet is simply not getting it done which has put more on the youngsters who obviously are going through growing pains. They need a vet who can help them along not show them how to self destruct. Folin should be in there if anything...

Another good point I heard is that the Flyer's shouldn't have sat back when up but tough when they are taking stupid penalties. Simmonds started that crap...

Furthermore, you pair AMac with Provy (who played close to 30 minutes last night) and he's getting huge minutes against the other team's best players. Is that really what we want given what we've seen out of this vet routinely?

AMac was the dude who let Monahan tap in the game tying goal with 7 seconds left right in front of our net. That much is certain.

Yes, we definitely shouldn't sit back, but it is difficult when you're killing four minor penalties in one period. However, we killed all of them off and were sitting pretty afterwards due to Coots. That does ruin your energy as a team though, no doubt. The one thing the whole fucking team knew entering the 3rd was that they had to have discipline and we took four fucking minors. It obviously could've been worse too. Some appeared to go uncalled.

I saw a quote from Stolarz after the game saying "they wanted it more than us." Are you fucking kidding me!?! Now those are the things you hear when a team has lost all hope and is no longer listening to the head coach.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, you pair AMac with Provy (who played close to 30 minutes last night) and he's getting huge minutes against the other team's best players. Is that really what we want given what we've seen out of this vet routinely?

AMac was the dude who let Monahan tap in the game tying goal with 7 seconds left right in front of our net. That much is certain.

Yes, we definitely shouldn't sit back, but it is difficult when you're killing four minor penalties in one period. However, we killed all of them off and were sitting pretty afterwards due to Coots. That does ruin your energy as a team though, no doubt. The one thing the whole fucking team knew entering the 3rd was that they had to have discipline and we took four fucking minors. It obviously could've been worse too. Some appeared to go uncalled.

I saw a quote from Stolarz after the game saying "they wanted it more than us." Are you fucking kidding me!?! Now those are the things you hear when a team has lost all hope and is no longer listening to the head coach.
All things keep coming back to AMac. He can be ok on occasion but overall he's a tick to this team drains them. You can't tell me Folin or someone anyone from the ahl would be worse?

As per penalties they have to stop it even when they look like kill them off its draining...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith or Seabrook may be had but salary will need to be retained by the hawks..just heard this. Could help the transition and probably picks could get it done...well primarily.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith or Seabrook may be had but salary will need to be retained by the hawks..just heard this. Could help the transition and probably picks could get it done...well primarily.

Keith ok, but no thank you to Seabrook. 6.9M per for 6 more years (until he’s 39), and a NMC.

Keith is signed til he’s 39 also, but 5.5 is a little more manageable and Keith is still a pretty high end player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also agree with you guys, AMac sucks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith ok, but no thank you to Seabrook. 6.9M per for 6 more years (until he’s 39), and a NMC.

Keith is signed til he’s 39 also, but 5.5 is a little more manageable and Keith is still a pretty high end player.
Yeah I'd sooner trade for Keith as well keeping in mind that the hawks may take on salary to move one of them. It would add a decent vet heck give them AMac and don't take any salary ha! Not sure what it would take but I'm guessing a young dman back maybe a young forward prospect and pick. They can do it and IMO adding a guy like Keith would do wonders for the young dmen...and overall team. What do you guys think?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also agree with you guys, AMac sucks.
I didn't think it was possible but he's worse than a few years back. He makes rookie mistakes...some vet.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and Keith plays with nastiness which I love. Our defense could learn from him.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old is Kronwell? And would Detroit ship him possibly? I like his game as well.

Upon further review, nevermind. He's 37. Loved him as a player.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team sucks this year because

1. The goalies suck.
2. Provorov and Ghost were supposed to be the top pair and neither of them are playing anywhere close to that level. Provorov (and the goalies) playing better helps the PK. Ghost playing better helps the PP.

Blaming the 'core' is ridiculous. Couturier and Giroux are the biggest parts of that core and they've been the Flyers best players all season long. Giroux is on pace to exceed last years numbers where he was the 2nd best offensive player in the entire fuckin league.
The main reason this team sucks is your number #1 our goalies suck! We all agree that Hextall dropped the ball and he paid the price. Hakstol has proven he doesn't know how to develope players long term so he needs to go ASAP if we want to have any shot at the playoffs. Also I think Crawford at 2 yrs would be a good deal, you then have Elliott, Crawford and Hart. All works out Hart is still starter in two years but you at least give this team a chance now to.just my 2 cents.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start playing some defense and that goaltending of ours will look an awful lot better. Tough for our goalies to stop guys that are parked right in front of our net and left unchecked. In fact, even a great goalie won't help us much in those situations.

Screening our own goalie or deflecting rival shots instead of blocking them has also been an issue at times.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason this team sucks is your number #1 our goalies suck! We all agree that Hextall dropped the ball and he paid the price. Hakstol has proven he doesn't know how to develope players long term so he needs to go ASAP if we want to have any shot at the playoffs. Also I think Crawford at 2 yrs would be a good deal, you then have Elliott, Crawford and Hart. All works out Hart is still starter in two years but you at least give this team a chance now to.just my 2 cents.
I wouldn't be against Crawford but without better D he would have the same fate...would need Keith in the deal which would make it a blockbuster!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a bright note-we didn't lose today,and won't lose tomorrow.Saturday's forecast?

I'm hosting a euchre tourney Saturday night,so I'll have a lot of brews to get me through the game.

Is Fletcher on the phone with Quenville yet.His salary doesn't go against the cap you dumb fuck!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd sooner trade for Keith as well keeping in mind that the hawks may take on salary to move one of them. It would add a decent vet heck give them AMac and don't take any salary ha! Not sure what it would take but I'm guessing a young dman back maybe a young forward prospect and pick. They can do it and IMO adding a guy like Keith would do wonders for the young dmen...and overall team. What do you guys think?

I do wonder if the Hawks would take AMac back. If they're truly going into rebuilding mode, that's the type of deal that a good GM would make. Take back AMac in the Keith deal to get even more future return for Keith. AMac clears the cap after next season so he's not really an albatross for you.