• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team doesn't do anything else, I would love to see them go after Panarin at the trade deadline, if we can't improve our goalie situation, then lets just outscore everyone.
Would the Jackets trade them though if they are making a run for the playoffs?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they keep their current path they aint making the playoffs lol. IDK man their going to have to do something with those guys sooner or later. We have some cash and prospects/picks I say use it and lets win a cup.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and I was on board with you, It's great to have a farm club with good prospects and I like that Hexy's done that. But yea that doesn't mean you shouldn't improve on what you have to get a championship. To say this player or that player will be the difference is stupid, it's a team sport and you need players of all make ups to win, a good example is Nashville and Tampa, yes they have a few stars but mostly hard working team players. If we have to trade a few prospects so be it, Jesus no one knows for sure if they'll pan out. I say go get Bob and for at least 4 years and if Hart works out he'll be prime when Bob leaves but at least we cure our shitty goalie situation.

Edit and Bob gives us a legit cup shot..

why couldn't we sign a solid goalie and have Hart as a backup and learn while splitting starts? Is this a dumb idea?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why couldn't we sign a solid goalie and have Hart as a backup and learn while splitting starts? Is this a dumb idea?
It would serve no purpose to have Hart sitting and not playing. I dont think well ever see him as a backup unless he plays really bad or its an emergency.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes in the same situation as Simmonds is for us. If we are in a playoff run do we keep him and possibly lose him for nothing over the summer or do we pay the man

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats that stood out vs the Hawks:

Couts: 2gs 1 assts plus 4
Gee: 1g 2 assts plus 4
Prov: 1asst plus 3
PK: perfect day
Elliot 1.000 save %
I forgot to add Brandon Manning scoring 1G (for us) :lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob is not going to sign for only two years. Im sure as one of the best in the league he will be looking for the security of a long term deal.

I'm not saying sign him. Just trade for him at the deadline and make a run with him. Let him sign elsewhere this summer.

Might not be realistic though, I expect other teams will offer more with the intention of re-signing him than the Flyers would offer with no intent to re-sign him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I haven’t been enjoying these Flyers victories
This article is justification for the few of us who feel exactly the same way.

I'll start by saying that I agree 100% that Hak and Lappy need to go. I don't think Hakstol is the coach to win a Cup with and I know Lappy is a bad PK coach.

That being said, the article takes a pretty gloomy approach to the future of the roster. Sure, the stars are Giroux and Voracek right now. IMO, they won't have to be the stars in the not-so-distant future. Their 1C is 25. Their #1 dman is 21. Their #2 dman is 25. Their (praying for) #1 goalie is 20. Their 2C is 20. That's the 5 most important positions and the Flyers have potential stars at all 5 already. Couturier, Provorov, Ghost, Hart, and Patrick are the 'core' or the 'stars' when this team wins its cups. Giroux and Voracek are the veterans providing scoring.

Being jealous of the Kings is extreme hyperbole. Yes they fired their coach, yay. But they're also over the cap. Their 1C is 31. 2C is 33. #1 dman is 28, do they even have a #2? Muzzin maybe, he's 29. Their #1 goalie is 32. John Stevens got fired because his team sucks and the future looks bleak. Fans are frustrated with Hak because he's holding the team back. That's a much different situation, and I would much prefer the latter.

Plus the Flyers have a fleet of prospects they could move if they think they need more star-power. Not many teams could offer CBJ 2-3 'A' prospects for Panarin without at least decimating their farm. The Flyers could.

And I have to believe if this season goes the same as last season, eek into the playoffs and bow out without much resistance in the 1st round, Hak and Lappy will be fired. Hextall has said over and over again, they need to take a step forward this year. If they don't, I think he makes changes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying sign him. Just trade for him at the deadline and make a run with him. Let him sign elsewhere this summer.

Might not be realistic though, I expect other teams will offer more with the intention of re-signing him than the Flyers would offer with no intent to re-sign him.
What would our offer be? This would be key because if we have to give up a couple of roster players depending on who they are we wouldn't have enough of a team to win the cup with Bob.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start by saying that I agree 100% that Hak and Lappy need to go. I don't think Hakstol is the coach to win a Cup with and I know Lappy is a bad PK coach.

That being said, the article takes a pretty gloomy approach to the future of the roster. Sure, the stars are Giroux and Voracek right now. IMO, they won't have to be the stars in the not-so-distant future. Their 1C is 25. Their #1 dman is 21. Their #2 dman is 25. Their (praying for) #1 goalie is 20. Their 2C is 20. That's the 5 most important positions and the Flyers have potential stars at all 5 already. Couturier, Provorov, Ghost, Hart, and Patrick are the 'core' or the 'stars' when this team wins its cups. Giroux and Voracek are the veterans providing scoring.

Being jealous of the Kings is extreme hyperbole. Yes they fired their coach, yay. But they're also over the cap. Their 1C is 31. 2C is 33. #1 dman is 28, do they even have a #2? Muzzin maybe, he's 29. Their #1 goalie is 32. John Stevens got fired because his team sucks and the future looks bleak. Fans are frustrated with Hak because he's holding the team back. That's a much different situation, and I would much prefer the latter.

Plus the Flyers have a fleet of prospects they could move if they think they need more star-power. Not many teams could offer CBJ 2-3 'A' prospects for Panarin without at least decimating their farm. The Flyers could.

And I have to believe if this season goes the same as last season, eek into the playoffs and bow out without much resistance in the 1st round, Hak and Lappy will be fired. Hextall has said over and over again, they need to take a step forward this year. If they don't, I think he makes changes.
Yes our players are young but do we really know they are going to be stars? Gee Jake and Simmer arent really super stars in this league. Do you really think the young crop will be better? Not to mention our star goalie at 20 will be at least 25 by the time he is ready to win a cup making our current stars 35,34 and Simmonds may be gone this season. That's pretty old to be providing only a little bit of scoring while playing no defense.
I think the writer is mainly jealous that LA has Stanley cups and he isn't much worried about their future.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would our offer be? This would be key because if we have to give up a couple of roster players depending on who they are we wouldn't have enough of a team to win the cup with Bob.

Tough to say right now I think. What are the BJs trying to do at the deadline will be the question.

1. If they're in contention and want to make a run, I don't see why they'd move Bob or Panarin. Just say screw it, this is the best chance we think we'll have, might as well go for it. Maybe if we make a deep run they change their minds.

2. If they're out of contention. They've got 6M in space. Perhaps the best young d-pair in the league in Jones/Werenski and a couple other good dmen in Murray/Savard. Good pieces locked up on good contracts in Atkinson and Wennberg, and a good young guy in Dubois. Looks like they have 3-4 good prospects, but they're all up front, and could all be a ways away. So in my quick overview, they need young offense or future goaltending. I think they probably look at Konecny or Patrick as a 'major piece' in a Bob deal. Flyers probably not interested in dealing a young roster player, so they'd counter with a guy like Frost I expect. Farabee, Rubtsov, Ratcliffe, Allison could all be in that discussion as well. Maybe you pair them up and do Frost/Ratcliffe and a 1st or something like that. A little more value would be Frost, Myers, and a 1st, but that's too rich for my blood. Frost/Ratcliffe/1st is probably not enough to win a bidding war, but there may not be a bidding war for a 7.4M goalie with a bad playoff track record

3. Theyre in contention, want to compete, but also want to cut their losses with Bob/Panarin. Then you could look at a guy like Simmonds as a possible main piece. Get help for the current team, a guy they may want to re-sign and have a chance at re-signing (compared to Bob/Panarin where they apparently don't). You'd still have to add I expect, but maybe you could do Simmonds and Frost for Bob?

Not saying CBJ would do any of those, and not saying i'd do any of those as the Flyers, but that might be what the conversation looks like.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say right now I think. What are the BJs trying to do at the deadline will be the question.

1. If they're in contention and want to make a run, I don't see why they'd move Bob or Panarin. Just say screw it, this is the best chance we think we'll have, might as well go for it. Maybe if we make a deep run they change their minds.

2. If they're out of contention. They've got 6M in space. Perhaps the best young d-pair in the league in Jones/Werenski and a couple other good dmen in Murray/Savard. Good pieces locked up on good contracts in Atkinson and Wennberg, and a good young guy in Dubois. Looks like they have 3-4 good prospects, but they're all up front, and could all be a ways away. So in my quick overview, they need young offense or future goaltending. I think they probably look at Konecny or Patrick as a 'major piece' in a Bob deal. Flyers probably not interested in dealing a young roster player, so they'd counter with a guy like Frost I expect. Farabee, Rubtsov, Ratcliffe, Allison could all be in that discussion as well. Maybe you pair them up and do Frost/Ratcliffe and a 1st or something like that. A little more value would be Frost, Myers, and a 1st, but that's too rich for my blood. Frost/Ratcliffe/1st is probably not enough to win a bidding war, but there may not be a bidding war for a 7.4M goalie with a bad playoff track record

3. Theyre in contention, want to compete, but also want to cut their losses with Bob/Panarin. Then you could look at a guy like Simmonds as a possible main piece. Get help for the current team, a guy they may want to re-sign and have a chance at re-signing (compared to Bob/Panarin where they apparently don't). You'd still have to add I expect, but maybe you could do Simmonds and Frost for Bob?

Not saying CBJ would do any of those, and not saying i'd do any of those as the Flyers, but that might be what the conversation looks like.
I could definitely see each one of these scenarios being talked about but in each case i dont believe it would be good for us so IMO id toss getting Bob out the window and just keep being a one and done with any and all of our 5 goalies until Hart is ready. I hate that idea because i want a cup now but it is what it is and Hexy hasn't done enough for us to compete for a cup.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils and Capitals both go down yesterday in regulation. Let's see what happens tonight with the Rangers, Jackets and Canes, but a lot of teams in our division are struggling right now and we're not one of them.