• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win vs the Hawks last night. Keep the pedal going and don't slow down.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought, Schnieder seems to be having confidence issues in NJ, and hasn't played great lately, anyone think a change of scenery does him any good? I think he's got 2 years left on a 42 mil contract and I think his hit may be around 6 a year but could probably work something out there? thoughts?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought, Schnieder seems to be having confidence issues in NJ, and hasn't played great lately, anyone think a change of scenery does him any good? I think he's got 2 years left on a 42 mil contract and I think his hit may be around 6 a year but could probably work something out there? thoughts?

Looking him up, spot on for $6M/yr but he's got this year and 3 more after it. If it was this year and next year, i'd be interested. He's had a couple tough years for the Devils in a row now, but he's proven he's a good/great goalie. He's had some injury troubles the last year or so though, and at 32 I'd be concerned keeping him until 36. He'd be a nice transition type guy with Hart, but $6M is a lot for a backup in those last couple seasons.

I think it'd depend on the trade. I might be open to it.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking him up, spot on for $6M/yr but he's got this year and 3 more after it. If it was this year and next year, i'd be interested. He's had a couple tough years for the Devils in a row now, but he's proven he's a good/great goalie. He's had some injury troubles the last year or so though, and at 32 I'd be concerned keeping him until 36. He'd be a nice transition type guy with Hart, but $6M is a lot for a backup in those last couple seasons.

I think it'd depend on the trade. I might be open to it.
Yea I agree, I thought it was only 2 more on that contract, anything beyond that is too expensive unless like I said a better deal can be made. I'm just interested in a little better back up than Pickard etc. I also see Bob is having a down year but if you went after him it would have to be long term, then where does that leave Hart?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree, I thought it was only 2 more on that contract, anything beyond that is too expensive unless like I said a better deal can be made. I'm just interested in a little better back up than Pickard etc. I also see Bob is having a down year but if you went after him it would have to be long term, then where does that leave Hart?

I think Bob would be more interesting as a rental actually. I think that could be very interesting, though Bob's playoff numbers aren't great. Not sure what it would take though, the BJs would want a lot in return I expect. Then he walks this summer because paying goalies top dollar like he will command is pretty risky IMO.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bob would be more interesting as a rental actually. I think that could be very interesting, though Bob's playoff numbers aren't great. Not sure what it would take though, the BJs would want a lot in return I expect. Then he walks this summer because paying goalies top dollar like he will command is pretty risky IMO.
Well there isn't much out there to improve our situation, if Elliott gets hurt again like last year were def 1 and done if we make the playoffs, but I also feel the same way because Elliott isn't a good playoff goalie either lol. I wish some one would say hell with it and start trying some of the other guys and see if we can develop a decent tandem, it sucks watching this team get to the playoffs every year and were just hoping to get past the first round lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Hart coming and we only would need someone for 2 years

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob is not going to sign for only two years. Im sure as one of the best in the league he will be looking for the security of a long term deal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there isn't much out there to improve our situation, if Elliott gets hurt again like last year were def 1 and done if we make the playoffs, but I also feel the same way because Elliott isn't a good playoff goalie either lol. I wish some one would say hell with it and start trying some of the other guys and see if we can develop a decent tandem, it sucks watching this team get to the playoffs every year and were just hoping to get past the first round lol.
I wish we could say we make the playoffs every year. in the last 6 years Flyers have only made the playoffs 3 times.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team doesn't do anything else, I would love to see them go after Panarin at the trade deadline, if we can't improve our goalie situation, then lets just outscore everyone.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I don't want to wait 2 years? See now were back to the misconception that any team can't win without superstars on a pro level.
Two years is only when he's coming, i dont expect he'd be at a championship level for 4 or 5 more years after that. I dont want to wait even 1 season and brought up this argument many times last season about waiting so long that all of our stars will be too old by the time Hart is ready. Needless to say i was shouted down and promised a cup within 3 years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team doesn't do anything else, I would love to see them go after Panarin at the trade deadline, if we can't improve our goalie situation, then lets just outscore everyone.
Im good with this especially if we aren't going to do anything to change any of our weaknesses.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats that stood out vs the Hawks:

Couts: 2gs 1 assts plus 4
Gee: 1g 2 assts plus 4
Prov: 1asst plus 3
PK: perfect day
Elliot 1.000 save %

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years is only when he's coming, i dont expect he'd be at a championship level for 4 or 5 more years after that. I dont want to wait even 1 season and brought up this argument many times last season about waiting so long that all of our stars will be too old by the time Hart is ready. Needless to say i was shouted down and promised a cup within 3 years.
I know and I was on board with you, It's great to have a farm club with good prospects and I like that Hexy's done that. But yea that doesn't mean you shouldn't improve on what you have to get a championship. To say this player or that player will be the difference is stupid, it's a team sport and you need players of all make ups to win, a good example is Nashville and Tampa, yes they have a few stars but mostly hard working team players. If we have to trade a few prospects so be it, Jesus no one knows for sure if they'll pan out. I say go get Bob and for at least 4 years and if Hart works out he'll be prime when Bob leaves but at least we cure our shitty goalie situation.

Edit and Bob gives us a legit cup shot..