• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you look at that. They faced adversity and overcame it for possibly the first time this season last night. Wasn't watching, but saw it got to 4-2 (on 2 shorties no less) and thought for sure they'd fold it up and go home. But they didn't! Laughton and Weise of all people tie it up and the stars win it for them in OT. 4-0-1 in the last 5, tied for 2nd in the division, 1 point out of 1st.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me there is still no excuse for not doing the following:

1) Changing the PP coach
2) Changing the PK coach
3) Upgrading back-up goalie to someone capable of being a 1B

I agree a lot with this. Maybe you keep the PP, I think they can overcome a rough patch here. But the PK is, has been, and will be awful as long as Lappy is in charge. Unfortunate, but true. The guy has got to go.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Serious question, Do you think this team could compete with a team like, Tampa, Washington, Boston, Nashville etc? Come on you know as well as I do tis team stands 0 chance even if we do make the playoffs. We have way too m any weaknesses, sorry as a fan I just don't believe in the current make up of this team from the coach on down. I'm not being a dick just a realist.

Washington and Boston, I do. Especially if they figure out something on the PK.

Tampa and Nashville are the two best teams in the league. Aside from each other, I don't think anyone can compete with them. Their players are also all right in the middle of their prime years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we forecheck hard, play fast, support each other, take the body and stay with it after being scored on, we're a dangerous team. That should only improve with the return of guys like JvR and Raffl.

I saw a lot of these traits at Anaheim and LA. Sure, you can say they are average teams, but we took it to them in their building and they still have quite a bit of star power sprinkled across their rosters.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree a lot with this. Maybe you keep the PP, I think they can overcome a rough patch here. But the PK is, has been, and will be awful as long as Lappy is in charge. Unfortunate, but true. The guy has got to go.

My thought on the PP is that while their scoring hasn't been AWFUL, the number of shorties they've given up pushes it down into that range. I know Knoblauch is the heir apparent, but coaching the PP doesn't seem to working. Maybe he should spend some time as head coach in LV and bring Gordon up as an assistant.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought on the PP is that while their scoring hasn't been AWFUL, the number of shorties they've given up pushes it down into that range. I know Knoblauch is the heir apparent, but coaching the PP doesn't seem to working. Maybe he should spend some time as head coach in LV and bring Gordon up as an assistant.

Ya, believe me, I don't want to defend Knoblach. He hasn't been what I had hoped he be. The PP was better under Mullen. I'm not overly interested in Knoblach keeping the heir apparent status given his NHL track record at this point.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the power play will only get better, there's just so much talent out there...on both units now even.

The penalty kill has to get better because it can't get any worse...Lol

That said, sometimes our power play looks like...

It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to fuck a doorknob out there.

Ghost and Voracek were just that last night on one such power play, but managed to later team up for the OT winner and make up for those earlier blunders.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the gif version...Lol:

3d76b146-c502-46df-a74a-71dbaed10bd1_text_hi.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the power play will only get better, there's just so much talent out there...on both units now even.

The penalty kill has to get better because it can't get any worse...Lol

That said, sometimes our power play looks like...

It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to fuck a doorknob out there.

Ghost and Voracek were just that last night on one such power play, but managed to later team up for the OT winner and make up for those earlier blunders.

Soo, we keep saying the PK can't get any worse though.. and it does..

15-16: 80.5%
16-17: 79.8%
17-18: 75.8%
18-19: 68.4%

It's getting to the point where Lappy might be the worst employee in hockey. He sucked when he started and has continually gotten worse. It takes a pretty special boss to hold on to you with that kind of ineptitude.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now? No. Is it a long season YES
They have gotten off to a shaky start but the season is long.
Have had injuries and again fighting off goaltending issues.

Changing a coach and system right now wouldnt make any sense IMO.
especially when they are feeling good right now.
You just described the last 5 years in one post

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo, we keep saying the PK can't get any worse though.. and it does..

15-16: 80.5%
16-17: 79.8%
17-18: 75.8%
18-19: 68.4%

It's getting to the point where Lappy might be the worst employee in hockey. He sucked when he started and has continually gotten worse. It takes a pretty special boss to hold on to you with that kind of ineptitude.
If Lappy could get some help with players that know how to play the PK instead of letting them sign elsewhere while we sit with money to spend it would be easier.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington and Boston, I do. Especially if they figure out something on the PK.

Tampa and Nashville are the two best teams in the league. Aside from each other, I don't think anyone can compete with them. Their players are also all right in the middle of their prime years.
Winnipeg and Pitt wasn't on the list of teams we cant beat.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you look at that. They faced adversity and overcame it for possibly the first time this season last night. Wasn't watching, but saw it got to 4-2 (on 2 shorties no less) and thought for sure they'd fold it up and go home. But they didn't! Laughton and Weise of all people tie it up and the stars win it for them in OT. 4-0-1 in the last 5, tied for 2nd in the division, 1 point out of 1st.
Awaz please we got so lucky with Weiss scoring to tie that game against a very mediocre and probably one of the lower teams in the west and we were at home. If that was a good team we would've folded and went home.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me there is still no excuse for not doing the following:

1) Changing the PP coach
2) Changing the PK coach
3) Upgrading back-up goalie to someone capable of being a 1B
ALl things that should have been done in the offseason not when you have gotten 9 of 10 pts

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats that stood out:

Prov ,Sanheim, Folin 3 giveaways a piece
Ghost 1g 1 assts game winner
Laughton 2 gs 3 hits plus 2
Pickard .778 save %
Weisse 1g 1 assts plus 1 and 2 hits
Weal 11 faceoffs won only 4 losses

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lappy could get some help with players that know how to play the PK instead of letting them sign elsewhere while we sit with money to spend it would be easier.

They could've added Grabner, Beagle, and Chara this offseason, playing the tiny passive box that Lappy coaches would still have us in the bottom 3rd of the league. That shit flat out does not work. Look how aggressive the Coyotes are on the PK. They've scored 9 shorthanded goals and have only given up 4 PP goals. That's how you PK in today's NHL.

Watch the Flyers PP for an example. If teams give them time, they chew them up, spit them out, and roast them over a fire. If the PK pressures Giroux, the Flyers give up shorthanded goals instead. LEARN FROM YOUR OWN PP!

Lappy is a complete joke. Their tiny passive box that doesn't defend the shooting lane, doesn't defend the front of the net, but blocks passing lanes is horrific. You know why blocking passing lanes is important? So that the PP doesn't get an open look at net. If you concede the open shot to block a passing lane, guess what, the guy with the puck already has an open look at net and wouldn't want to pass even if there was an open lane. The players may not be PK all-stars, but Lappy is actively coaching them to be worse. And he has been for 5 years. His system literally makes it easier for the PP to score goals.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^And Hextall isn't blameless. He should've added Grabner as we've discussed before. That probably doesn't cover it all, but he should have added guys that can play on the PK.