• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Arizona has a haunting feeling?????

:dhd:

Too soon.....

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great comeback. Some ugly play early on but they dug deep and got the 2 points.

Dale fucking Weiss

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice comeback win, but damn why do our guys even get put into this position to begin with? And how do we allow two shorthanded goals? WTF?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice comeback win, but damn why do our guys even get put into this position to begin with? And how do we allow two shorthanded goals? WTF?

On the same power play even...Lol

It's a Jekyll and Hyde team. Not much more to say. We generally get one side on the road and the other at home.

Tonight, we played hard for probably 15-20 minutes of a 61 minute game and still managed to get two points. It's not something to be proud of, for sure.

I started watching the road games we played at Anaheim and LA. We (for the most part) looked like a completely different team in those games compared to tonight.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because no one but me wants to be honest about how bad this team sucks and that they are way over rated. I think we've been told a fantasy about how deep and talented our prospect pool because if it was we wouldn't have seasons like this year in and year out.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we lost a few on the road trip and then tonight maybe
would be hard now to see this happening
Not really, we beat 2 struggling teams and got super lucky the Sharks didn't blow us out again, If I can see that then I'm sure the front office is seeing it to. Bottom line is it's either a coaching issue or a player prima donna issue but this team is making no strides, we are the same middle of the road, occasionally a little better team than we've been for the last 5 years. Time to move on from Haks and IMO some of these root players.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, we beat 2 struggling teams and got super lucky the Sharks didn't blow us out again, If I can see that then I'm sure the front office is seeing it to. Bottom line is it's either a coaching issue or a player prima donna issue but this team is making no strides, we are the same middle of the road, occasionally a little better team than we've been for the last 5 years. Time to move on from Haks and IMO some of these root players.
We have 9 of the last 10 pts and are tied for 2nd in our division

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 9 of the last 10 pts and are tied for 2nd in our division
Okay, Serious question, Do you think this team could compete with a team like, Tampa, Washington, Boston, Nashville etc? Come on you know as well as I do tis team stands 0 chance even if we do make the playoffs. We have way too m any weaknesses, sorry as a fan I just don't believe in the current make up of this team from the coach on down. I'm not being a dick just a realist.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Serious question, Do you think this team could compete with a team like, Tampa, Washington, Boston, Nashville etc? Come on you know as well as I do tis team stands 0 chance even if we do make the playoffs. We have way too m any weaknesses, sorry as a fan I just don't believe in the current make up of this team from the coach on down. I'm not being a dick just a realist.
Right now? No. Is it a long season YES
They have gotten off to a shaky start but the season is long.
Have had injuries and again fighting off goaltending issues.

Changing a coach and system right now wouldnt make any sense IMO.
especially when they are feeling good right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, not with the way things stand right this second, but we're supposed to be building toward that this season. By that, I mean adding pieces (like JvR) and developing/adding younger, better players.

Some of the vets obviously need to be better and the youngsters have to keep growing. That appears to be happening now before our very eyes against some lower tier teams. We're seeing the production from Provy, Ghost, Lindblom, Konecny and Patrick now that we hadn't seen much of yet this season.

Guys like Weise, Hagg, Weal, Sanheim and Laughton that were pretty much left for dead last season are really stepping up and providing too.

By the end of the season, if our team is mostly healthy (minus Neuvy, because we know he won't be...Lol), I think we could be molded into contenders.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weise has worked pretty hard, laid the wood to people and really been effective, but he got lucky there. Pretty sure the trailing player tapped the puck right over to his forehand, sort of making the deke for him and then he just roofed it.

He's much improved this season, but still one of the last players on our team that I'd expect to score on a breakaway...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This recent west coast swing has brought something else to my attention. Sean Couturier looks a lot like our best player. I didn't notice him quite as much last night, but he has definitely come to life recently.

I'm pretty sure he's going to do his thing all over the ice now for the rest of the season and moving forward. That probably does make him our best player, at least until Provy gets it going 100%.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing a coach and system right now wouldnt make any sense IMO.
especially when they are feeling good right now.

It seems to me there is still no excuse for not doing the following:

1) Changing the PP coach
2) Changing the PK coach
3) Upgrading back-up goalie to someone capable of being a 1B