• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights game first, was super happy to see Stolarz have a good game. I’m a real big fan of his. 6’5 in net is a huge advantage. And from all accounts, seemed to have that same athleticism from before the knee. Great to hear.

Tonight. Hart’s the main story I think. Super unlucky on the 1st goal against, maybe could’ve had the 2nd (but holy shit Folin that was bad). But without him they lose that game 8-6. Few real nice saves and was a wall down the stretch.

Also thought Laughton and Lindblom looked great. Though Lindblom (and the rest of the team other than Hart) disappeared in the 3rd. Vorobyev looked good again. Weal looked pretty good with the puck, but took a few penalties. Team as a whole was really undisciplined. Nice to see Rubtsov get on the board as well. Nice one timer. Also liked Twarynski’s game, though he got a little undisciplined too.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights game first, was super happy to see Stolarz have a good game. I’m a real big fan of his. 6’5 in net is a huge advantage. And from all accounts, seemed to have that same athleticism from before the knee. Great to hear.

Tonight. Hart’s the main story I think. Super unlucky on the 1st goal against, maybe could’ve had the 2nd (but holy shit Folin that was bad). But without him they lose that game 8-6. Few real nice saves and was a wall down the stretch.

Also thought Laughton and Lindblom looked great. Though Lindblom (and the rest of the team other than Hart) disappeared in the 3rd. Vorobyev looked good again. Weal looked pretty good with the puck, but took a few penalties. Team as a whole was really undisciplined. Nice to see Rubtsov get on the board as well. Nice one timer. Also liked Twarynski’s game, though he got a little undisciplined too.
I like your over all analysis on this game, I was wondering if the discipline problems may have been due to youth, except Weal. I was really impressed with Laughton, be nice to get this effort all season from him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your over all analysis on this game, I was wondering if the discipline problems may have been due to youth, except Weal. I was really impressed with Laughton, be nice to get this effort all season from him.

Certainly could be. That's a good point. I expect a lot of the young guys, seeing the Flyers top 6, understand that their best route to the NHL is through physicality, energy, and defense. I expect some of them are over-doing it a little bit in an effort to impress the coaches. In Twarynski's case, i'd say it's working. Granted, he's also shown some offensive punch.

Was a real nice effort from Laughton. I thought he was probably their best skater last night. Looked good attacking with the puck and I thought he looked pretty good on the PK.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cant get Hart into the net fast enough for me.Cant get Gudas out of the line up fast enough for me.Vorobyev looks like the real deal. Rags had most of their team in the game while we only had about a third of our team and we looked better for most of that game. Our third period was really bad.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant get Hart into the net fast enough for me.Cant get Gudas out of the line up fast enough for me.Vorobyev looks like the real deal. Rags had most of their team in the game while we only had about a third of our team and we looked better for most of that game. Our third period was really bad.
That third period lag seems to be a trend from last year. As Awaz said, some of these kids may be trying overly hard and burning themselves out after 2 periods. But we had issues with this last year closing teams out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That third period lag seems to be a trend from last year. As Awaz said, some of these kids may be trying overly hard and burning themselves out after 2 periods. But we had issues with this last year closing teams out.
We have had issues playing a full 60 minute game for years. Its been one of our downfalls as a team and they all know it but just dont know how to solve that problem.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had issues playing a full 60 minute game for years. Its been one of our downfalls as a team and they all know it but just dont know how to solve that problem.
Discipline, I think if some of these kids can pan out and we get better D, I'd like to see players like Provy get a little less ice time to be fresher. But that ice time needs to be made up in a positive manner.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys!:suds:Nice to see our young guys lighting up the scoreboard. Stay healthy and we may have something special this season and into the playoffs.
On another note, I see Max Domi is a POS much like his old man. What a POS for sucker punching Ekblad. WTF kind of douche does this shit?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discipline, I think if some of these kids can pan out and we get better D, I'd like to see players like Provy get a little less ice time to be fresher. But that ice time needs to be made up in a positive manner.
I like your idea.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys!:suds:Nice to see our young guys lighting up the scoreboard. Stay healthy and we may have something special this season and into the playoffs.
On another note, I see Max Domi is a POS much like his old man. What a POS for sucker punching Ekblad. WTF kind of douche does this shit?
Sup Mall! We are playing really well in the preseason! All Domi's suck!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that one, his skill game wont be enough to keep him on an NHL rooster and his rep is already getting bad IMO.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that one, his skill game wont be enough to keep him on an NHL rooster and his rep is already getting bad IMO.
Check out the ESPN clip. It was a cheap and dirty sucker punch that busted up Ekblad's nose.