• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better effort tonight. Ghost, Giroux, and Jake look ready to pick up where they left off. Thought JvR put himself in good spots too.

On the young guys, Vorobyev the clear standout IMO. Offensively and defensively he looked good tonight. Just in the right place doing the right thing. Hart stopped all 11 he faced, though only a couple testers. Good to see him start on the right foot. Aube-Kubel was active, showed some decent speed and tenacity. Myers I thought was OK. Had some great plays but also got too aggressive a couple times.

Overall, much better. Granted, more Flyers nhl-ers than isles this time around. They should have been the better team, but they were.
Yep G already looks great he's going to have another meeting monster year...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better effort tonight. Ghost, Giroux, and Jake look ready to pick up where they left off. Thought JvR put himself in good spots too.

On the young guys, Vorobyev the clear standout IMO. Offensively and defensively he looked good tonight. Just in the right place doing the right thing. Hart stopped all 11 he faced, though only a couple testers. Good to see him start on the right foot. Aube-Kubel was active, showed some decent speed and tenacity. Myers I thought was OK. Had some great plays but also got too aggressive a couple times.

Overall, much better. Granted, more Flyers nhl-ers than isles this time around. They should have been the better team, but they were.
This is good to hear. We pretty much know what to expect from our vets but hearing Hart and Vorobyev are doing well is good news.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. Last night was the first time in a long time I watched an entire preseason game. I really wanted to see some young guys step up and was not disappointed. It looked like Ghost and G were in mid-season form.

I thought Vorobyev looked like an NHL player. He was everywhere. Not sure if he has been in the 3C conversation, but he has some real 2-way talent. I like Myers and really like Egor Zamula. He has to get signed. I thought Hart looked a little shaky at first, but he has really good positioning. He will need some AHL time, but he looks like he may be the real deal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Last night was the first time in a long time I watched an entire preseason game. I really wanted to see some young guys step up and was not disappointed. It looked like Ghost and G were in mid-season form.

I thought Vorobyev looked like an NHL player. He was everywhere. Not sure if he has been in the 3C conversation, but he has some real 2-way talent. I like Myers and really like Egor Zamula. He has to get signed. I thought Hart looked a little shaky at first, but he has really good positioning. He will need some AHL time, but he looks like he may be the real deal.
Vorobyev is in the 3C competition i read a few articles about he may have the inside track with a good preseason.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday’s lineup vs. Isles
The Flyers (1-1) will use a young, Phantoms-heavy lineup in Tuesday's preseason game in Brooklyn against the Islanders (7 p.m.). It's the third straight game in as many days/nights against the Isles (1-1).

Here is the Flyers' projected lineup, which will include starting goalie Alex Lyon, who will divide duties with Anthony Stolarz:
  • Nolan Patrick centering Oskar Lindblom and Travis Konecny.
  • Phil Varone centering Danick Martel and Greg Carey.
  • Jori Lehtera centering Michael Raffl and Taylor Leier.
  • German Rubtsov centering Carsen Twarynski and Colin McDonald.
DEFENSE
  • Reece Willcox and James de Haas.
  • Zach Palmquist and Christian Folin.
  • J. Brennan and Mark Friedman.
GOALIES:
  • Lyon (starter) and Stolarz.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers (1-1) will use a young, Phantoms-heavy lineup in Tuesday's preseason game in Brooklyn against the Islanders (7 p.m.). It's the third straight game in as many days/nights against the Isles (1-1).

Here is the Flyers' projected lineup, which will include starting goalie Alex Lyon, who will divide duties with Anthony Stolarz:
DEFENSE
GOALIES:
With Lehtera in the line up i dont see how we could lose. :lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping Frost got a second game, but he just isn't ready. Ratcliff has decent speed and hands for being that big.

Yep. I wanted to see Frost play another game too, didn't get to watch any of the rookie game and missed a good portion of Sundays game. Would've liked to see him a bit more.

From most accounts though, at 5 on 5 he was just kinda OK. I agree with the decision to send him back if he's 'just OK' at 5 on 5. Let him go back, add 10-15 more lbs, get the WJC experience, and come back ready to rock next fall.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vorobyev is in the 3C competition i read a few articles about he may have the inside track with a good preseason.

Hex or Hak, can't remember which, made a point to say Vorobyev and Weal aren't necessarily competing for the same spot. Which would indicate they're looking at maybe Weal at 3C and Vorobyev at 4C. Which also lines up with Laughton playing a lot of wing. Based on Vorobyev apparently sucking at FO, something like 4/19 last night and was 42% or so in the AHL last year, it's looking more and more like Vorobyev/Laughton on the 4th line. Vorobyev playing C, but with Laughton taking a majority of the FOs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DEFENSE
GOALIES:

Won't see much of this one. Hoping Patrick, Lindblom, and Konecny really rise to the occasion as the top line tonight. Would also like to see a good showing from Rubtsov. He's pretty low on my list these days as far as prospects go, but if he can get it going a bit, it'd certainly be cool. Also a big Stolarz fan, so hopefully he can put in a good showing, assuming he plays the 2nd half.

All in all, not as interesting a squad tonight. I would say the only real bubble guy is Lehtera and he's a bubble guy the bad way haha

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hex or Hak, can't remember which, made a point to say Vorobyev and Weal aren't necessarily competing for the same spot. Which would indicate they're looking at maybe Weal at 3C and Vorobyev at 4C. Which also lines up with Laughton playing a lot of wing. Based on Vorobyev apparently sucking at FO, something like 4/19 last night and was 42% or so in the AHL last year, it's looking more and more like Vorobyev/Laughton on the 4th line. Vorobyev playing C, but with Laughton taking a majority of the FOs.
I dont mind Vorobyev playing on the 4th line as long as he is a step up on our dreadful penalty kill.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to kick some Rag ass tonight like we should be doing for the next 10 years.