• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're getting worked over a bit 0-3 in preseason game one at the Islanders, but I'm only seeing about 8 or 9 of our players that could even make the big squad. Only Patrick, Konecny, Sanheim and Hagg are true regulars. I see at least 13 regulars for the Isles, so this was a bit of a mismatch from the start.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're getting worked over a bit 0-3 in preseason game one at the Islanders, but I'm only seeing about 8 or 9 of our players that could even make the big squad. Only Patrick, Konecny, Sanheim and Hagg are true regulars. I see at least 13 regulars for the Isles, so this was a bit of a mismatch from the start.

Yep. Would've liked to see more from them, they seemed pretty lethargic in the portion I watched, but when Konecny is your 'veteran' against a good portion of the isles squad, it's not an unexpected result.

Biggest concern is Sanheim leaving with an injury.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More interested in tonight's game. Mostly regulars going tonight, with Hart getting half the game in net.

Based on the first couple days of training camp and preseason, I would say it's pretty obvious Frost is going to go back to juniors. I think Myers has a pretty good shot at playing while AMac is out. And I think Vorobyev has a shot at displacing Lehtera.

Lindblom-Weal-Simmonds
Laughton-Vorobyev-Raffl

As your bottom 6. That'd be pretty solid.

They've been using Vorobyev on the PP and PK (with Konecny, which is interesting) so far. To have a PP/PK guy that plays on your 4th line at 5 on 5 could be pretty useful. He's an interesting talent, can be your defensive minded 4C, play the PK, but also be the playmaker on the 2nd PP pretty effectively too. I think he's got a shot. Be interested to see if he's one of the 12 forwards tonight, and if so, how he's used.

I'll be interested to see how Weal plays tonight as well, assuming he gets a lot of reps at C, possibly even with Giroux while Coots is out. Weal's practiced some in that spot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More interested in tonight's game. Mostly regulars going tonight, with Hart getting half the game in net.

Based on the first couple days of training camp and preseason, I would say it's pretty obvious Frost is going to go back to juniors. I think Myers has a pretty good shot at playing while AMac is out. And I think Vorobyev has a shot at displacing Lehtera.

Lindblom-Weal-Simmonds
Laughton-Vorobyev-Raffl

As your bottom 6. That'd be pretty solid.

They've been using Vorobyev on the PP and PK (with Konecny, which is interesting) so far. To have a PP/PK guy that plays on your 4th line at 5 on 5 could be pretty useful. He's an interesting talent, can be your defensive minded 4C, play the PK, but also be the playmaker on the 2nd PP pretty effectively too. I think he's got a shot. Be interested to see if he's one of the 12 forwards tonight, and if so, how he's used.

I'll be interested to see how Weal plays tonight as well, assuming he gets a lot of reps at C, possibly even with Giroux while Coots is out. Weal's practiced some in that spot.
It would be awesome if Vorobyev could be a solid PK guy which we badly need. I dont think he gets much PP time with all of the regulars in the game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with the schedule? Yesterday, today, tomorrow and Wednesday. Four games in four days is a little much

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i read the headline I wanted to lynch Matt Martin but i just saw the play and Sanheim couldn't have played that any worse.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully a few different line ups lets us see whonis consistant.

Yep, they're mixing things up. More reguars tonight. Looks like the lineup will be:

Giroux-Weal-Aube Kubel
JvR-Vorobyev-Voracek
Laughton-Knight-Weise
Ratcliffe-Vecchione-Goulbourne

Hagg-Ghost
Provorov-Myers
Zamula-Friedman

Neuvy (starts)
Hart (probably 2nd half)

Bolding the most interesting to me. Looks like they're giving Vorobyev a shot with some high caliber linemates. Seeing how he handles it. Putting Myers out there with Provorov, I'd expect that to get 'top pair' minutes tonight. Putting Myers to the test after he's looked good so far this preseason. Then obviously Hart in an NHL game is exciting.

Also looks to me like they see Laughton as a winger long term. Had some time at C last year, but I think they see Frost and Vorobyev as the 3C and 4C long term.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they're mixing things up. More reguars tonight. Looks like the lineup will be:

Giroux-Weal-Aube Kubel
JvR-Vorobyev-Voracek
Laughton-Knight-Weise

Hagg-Ghost
Provorov-Myers
Zamula-Friedman

Neuvy (starts)
Hart (probably 2nd half)

Bolding the most interesting to me. Looks like they're giving Vorobyev a shot with some high caliber linemates. Seeing how he handles it. Putting Myers out there with Provorov, I'd expect that to get 'top pair' minutes tonight. Putting Myers to the test after he's looked good so far this preseason. Then obviously Hart in an NHL game is exciting.

Also looks to me like they see Laughton as a winger long term. Had some time at C last year, but I think they see Frost and Vorobyev as the 3C and 4C long term.
It will be exciting to see what Hart brings to the table.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux-Weal-Aube Kubel
JvR-Vorobyev-Voracek
Laughton-Knight-Weise

Hagg-Ghost
Provorov-Myers
Zamula-Friedman

Neuvy (starts)
Hart (probably 2nd half)

I like that line up, need to see this game, and I to am interested in the people you bolded.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better effort tonight. Ghost, Giroux, and Jake look ready to pick up where they left off. Thought JvR put himself in good spots too.

On the young guys, Vorobyev the clear standout IMO. Offensively and defensively he looked good tonight. Just in the right place doing the right thing. Hart stopped all 11 he faced, though only a couple testers. Good to see him start on the right foot. Aube-Kubel was active, showed some decent speed and tenacity. Myers I thought was OK. Had some great plays but also got too aggressive a couple times.

Overall, much better. Granted, more Flyers nhl-ers than isles this time around. They should have been the better team, but they were.