• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JV’s punishment for blowing the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the one comparing them.

In the Finals the Cavs won Tristan Thompson averaged over 10 boards and 10 points a game and shot 63% from the field.

In the Cavs wins he went for 14 pts, 13 boards one game, 6 pts 15 boards another game, 15 points 16 boards and 3 assists another game.

the previous year he averaged 10 pts and 13 rebounds a game in the Finals- made winning plays, threw bone crushing picks, played the pick and roll extremely well etc.

Its an insult to TT to compare him t othose other guys who were bit-role players.

Against Atlanta - a very good Atlanta team he ABUSED Al Horford and averaged 12 pts and 11 rebounds and 2 blocks in the series.

comparing Thompson to Birdman, Joel Anthony and a cooked Haslem is just downright stupid.

No.
You started the shit with he’s better than Whiteside.
I countered that many have served the same role as Tristan.
I didn’t say the Heat players were better then Tristan.
I said their scoring/rebound stats shouldn’t be used to evaluate the value they brought.

he is better than Whiteside.

Whiteside sucked, couldnt get off the bench, the coach decided not to play him and then his GM said he was mentally weak and he complained about his playing time over and over and over again.

Thompson got benched- did not say one word about his playing time despite being a starter on a title team--- kept his mouth shut- waited for his opportunity and then had 2 huge games when in the 2 biggest games of the season.

As i have said a million times--- one guy makes winning plays and cares about the team---- one guy cares more about stats and his playing time than the team.

and anderson, haslem , anthony never did play the same role as tristnan each of those guys were bit players

Whiteside sucked for a week. We get it.
No argument.
Short term memory for you though.
Hes been a league leader, previous 2 seasons.

Tristan was also very recently a coaches choice DNP.

Ill simplify it for you.

The Heat has other viable options.
The Cavs have Kendrick Perkins.
Plus, Love is a terrible matchup vs JV.
How can Tristan not be used?

So to summarize your argument---Whitesides stats matter when comparing him to Tristan---- but Tristans stats dont matter when comparing him to Birdman and Haslem and Joel Anthony

yikes

thanks for playing.

enjoythe offseason and Riley trying his best to rid himself of Whitesides contract without taking back too much bad money.

one guy makes winning plays and plays for the team--- one guy cares about his stats and plays for himself. Never been more apparent.

No.
Im saying James, since 2010 has played basically centerless.
The role is filled, by whoever.
That player is basically ignored.

Totally different with Whiteside/Heat.
Teams gameplan specifically against him.

Probably over your head, but most here can grip it.

If we only had a thread thread with a poll to hash out all of this Whiteside vs. Kardashian crap. Why, we could even call it the I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll thread.

Oh wait...

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs were a missed Kyle Korver 3 pointer from beating the Warriors again last year....please.

Cavs wouldnt lose game 6 at home and LBJ isnt losing to ANYONE in 7

2gtwz831.gif

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland definitely missed him vs the Pacers when James had to be Superman. If they had Irving, they would have beat the Pacers in 5 games most likely.

But if Irving was the same as he was with the Celtics -- he would have been hurt. And the Cavs would not have Nance, Hill, Clarkson. (and the pick) So actually the Cavs probably would have lost vs. the Pacers.

Why do you think Irving would have been healthy if he was still with the Cavs ?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Irving was the same as he was with the Celtics -- he would have been hurt. And the Cavs would not have Nance, Hill, Clarkson. (and the pick) So actually the Cavs probably would have lost vs. the Pacers.

Why do you think Irving would have been healthy if he was still with the Cavs ?
exactly

Love Irving's talent.....id probably still go back and un-do the trade if possible- but it without a doubt wouldve screwed them for this year.....its clear Kyries knee was has been boterhing him for a while.

you had to see a guy with 3 surgeries on the same knee at the age of 26- and as Bill Simmons says-- if you are an NBA player there is no such thing as minor knee surgery.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,914.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonights game is a must win in Toronto's case if you ask me. you cant go down 0-2 going back to cleveland. you gotta take one at home before going on the road

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo the love elbow on derozan was upgraded to a flagrant but the refs didn't bother reviewing it lol. That is a game changer.

It happened with under 2 minutes to go. Would have been crucial to get 2 free throws from DeRozan or Lowry and the ball back

Absolutely awful

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo the love elbow on derozan was upgraded to a flagrant but the refs didn't bother reviewing it lol. That is a game changer.

It happened with under 2 minutes to go. Would have been crucial to get 2 free throws from DeRozan or Lowry and the ball back

Absolutely awful

I asked here, after the game, how on earth that was only called an offensive foul.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely awful

To clarify.
IMO.
The missed call may have been the difference in the game, but it isn't what cost the Raptors the game.
If you miss 16 of your last 17 shots including several right at the rim, you probably aren't going to win a tight, hard fought playoff game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked here, after the game, how on earth that was only called an offensive foul.

To clarify.
IMO.
The missed call may have been the difference in the game, but it isn't what cost the Raptors the game.
If you miss 16 of your last 17 shots including several right at the rim, you probably aren't going to win a tight, hard fought playoff game.

Yeah I agree. My biggest problem is the refs didn't even bother to look at it on the monitor. You know how many times I've seen them go to the monitor for things that were very clearly common fouls but an elbow to the face you can't take a minute to review ?

Too much inconsistency in this league but as you said Toronto shouldn't have allowed it to even get that close where a missed call can decide the game

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely awful

Ok, but the same L2M report also said DeRozan should have been called for a foul in that scrum before the elbow happened. If that foul is called, the elbow never happens.

I said it at the time, Refs should've either called a jump-ball or a foul well before it got to that point. You can't let a scrum like that go for that long. I mean if nothing else, Love traveled half-way back to Ohio. They put Love in a tough situation, and while I don't have a problem with the ruling to make it a flagrant, I also don't blame him one bit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but the same L2M report also said DeRozan should have been called for a foul in that scrum before the elbow happened. If that foul is called, the elbow never happens.

I agree with that. I saw that foul in live action

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the game starts early today.

Normally I'd be fine with that, but of course today is the one day where ducking out of work early isn't an option.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in any case, let's hope JV doesn't miss another 100 gimme's with the clock winding down tonight...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. My biggest problem is the refs didn't even bother to look at it on the monitor. You know how many times I've seen them go to the monitor for things that were very clearly common fouls but an elbow to the face you can't take a minute to review ?

Too much inconsistency in this league but as you said Toronto shouldn't have allowed it to even get that close where a missed call can decide the game

Love was fouled, but in a scramble for an attempted tie up, that happens.
A hard elbow to the head is rarely ever missed.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said it at the time, Refs should've either called a jump-ball or a foul well before it got to that point. You can't let a scrum like that go for that long. I mean if nothing else, Love traveled half-way back to Ohio. They put Love in a tough situation, and while I don't have a problem with the ruling to make it a flagrant, I also don't blame him one bit.
yah i could not believe they did not call a foul on DeRozan long before the elbow....shit it almost looked like DeRozan was intentionally fouling him if you ask me.

that was crazy.

Should be an interesting game tonight....Joe Vardon of the Plain Dealer had an interesting article- basically "LeBron won't sit out game 2, but should he?" stating that the Cavs got the split they wanted to and giving LeBron the game off and a full 3 days of rest.......itll never happen- but its interesting.

I never expected the CAvs to get both games in Toronto, but i thought theyd win game 2 and lose game 1....it would be really nice to somehow pull it off tonight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the game starts early today.

Normally I'd be fine with that, but of course today is the one day where ducking out of work early isn't an option.

Good thing I get off at 4.

Running home