• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs had Irving, we'd be talking about how much of a cake walk the East is for Lebron. This is not an indictment on Lebron, he's exempt from any rants I have on him for the time being.

If Irving was still on the Cavs ... he would probably be hurt (same as with the Cs) ... and the Cavs probably wouldn't have Hill, Nance or Clarkson or the upcoming pick. (I'm not suggesting that Cavs came out ahead in the long run through -- but during these playoffs ... maybe.)

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do I do that?
Everyone knew Aldridge wasn’t coming here.
I was never on the Hayward train last summer if it was going to cost us 3 rotation players.

My top FA is Beasley.
yah you wanted Whiteside over Aldridge. LOL

you wanted Hayward right up until the minute he said NOPE GOIN TO BOSTON

My gut, as of today, says Whiteside will be odd man out, and especially if he doesn't figure out the free throws.

I still say Durant is in play.
Ok City will never win.
If Riley gets him in a meeting room this summer I think we have a great chance to sign him.

Wades contract won't be anywhere near a max type moving forward.
That would create KobeII.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i know....ive never said it before

but shit man.....its a big time what if...it just sucks..kyle freaking korver bricks it or were at 2-2 with a guaranteed game 6 in CLE...ughhh

hopefully he will get a chance to redeem himself.

Nope.

First off, game 3 was far from over even if Korver hits. Cleveland would have been up 5 with 53 seconds left. That is a 2 possession game. Assuming Korver and KD BOTH hit, Cleveland is up 2 with the ball and a little over 40 seconds. Far from over.

Second, if Cleveland had won game 3, game 4 would have been totally different. GS would have had Moreno of an edge and Cleveland would not have played with the same desperation.

GS was by far the better team last year, with or without Korver's miss.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

First off, game 3 was far from over even if Korver hits. Cleveland would have been up 5 with 53 seconds left. That is a 2 possession game. Assuming Korver and KD BOTH hit, Cleveland is up 2 with the ball and a little over 40 seconds. Far from over.

Second, if Cleveland had won game 3, game 4 would have been totally different. GS would have had Moreno of an edge and Cleveland would not have played with the same desperation.

GS was by far the better team last year, with or without Korver's miss.
yah and kyrie sucks too and will never win a championship with the cavs...lol

gmab 52 seconds 5 points... what are the odds on that? 5-1? more? 10-1?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ...i was just wondering if you saw LEBrons quote...did you this quote? "My teammates were unbelievable tonight," James "They stepped up when I wasn't at my best."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kind of think the Cavs are building on something right now....slowly working their way into the roster that they have the talent to be.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kind of think the Cavs are building on something right now....slowly working their way into the roster that they have the talent to be.
And just like last year, we know how the movie ends

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a game winner over James Harden.
Mad respect for your fandom game, but of course you know it's gonna be Warriors in 5 again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah and kyrie sucks too and will never win a championship with the cavs...lol

gmab 52 seconds 5 points... what are the odds on that? 5-1? more? 10-1?

Hey! There's the old Wiggy!

No need to troll. There were a million things that went right for Cleveland to win that title. Kyrie played great. Now he is injured in Boston and the team continues to win playoff games without missing a beat.

He is a very good player. Cleveland misses him a lot. He is not a superstar. He is a high quality 2nd option. I wasn't wrong about that. Without Kyrie they win 2 Finals games. Take LeBron off the 2016 roster and they might miss the playoffs all together.

Yes. Down 5 with the ball and 53 seconds left is far from given. Odds for a normal team might be 4-1. Less for a team as explosive as Golden State. Especially considering KD DID make a 3 about 8 seconds later. What are the odds of winning up 2 with the ball and 45 seconds left? Maybe 65% at best. Again far from given.

You assuming that the series would have been 2-2 with 1 shot going in is way off base. Those two teams were worlds apart last year, and anybody watching objectively would agree. Cleveland was never winning that series.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This only works in Cle's favor when they are playing subpar teams. A team like GS and probably even Hou will expose the Cavs badly & they probably get swept by either WC team. We saw how badly they were exposed when they played GS in the Finals last year - and they had Kyrie then. This current Cavs roster doesn't stand a chance.
oh I agree. They most likely get swept by GS or lose 4-1.

Reactions: LAD

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue sticking with Love as their starting center.

My opinion has always been ... doesn't matter who starts ... it matters who is playing when it counts.

I get what Lue is trying to do ... punish Toronto with jumpshooters (like Love) while JV hangs in the paint. His goal is overall it is a win vs. JV postups.

I still think that at key moments TT will be playing (if JV is in).

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! There's the old Wiggy!

No need to troll. There were a million things that went right for Cleveland to win that title. Kyrie played great. Now he is injured in Boston and the team continues to win playoff games without missing a beat.

He is a very good player. Cleveland misses him a lot. He is not a superstar. He is a high quality 2nd option. I wasn't wrong about that. Without Kyrie they win 2 Finals games. Take LeBron off the 2016 roster and they might miss the playoffs all together.

Yes. Down 5 with the ball and 53 seconds left is far from given. Odds for a normal team might be 4-1. Less for a team as explosive as Golden State. Especially considering KD DID make a 3 about 8 seconds later. What are the odds of winning up 2 with the ball and 45 seconds left? Maybe 65% at best. Again far from given.

You assuming that the series would have been 2-2 with 1 shot going in is way off base. Those two teams were worlds apart last year, and anybody watching objectively would agree. Cleveland was never winning that series.

Cleveland definitely missed him vs the Pacers when James had to be Superman. If they had Irving, they would have beat the Pacers in 5 games most likely.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland had Kyrie this year, with this current team I would give them a fighting chance vs Golden State, could make for a competitive 6 game series at the least.

Without Kyrie, it's 4-0 or 4-1 in favor of GS, and they wont be close games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs had irving theyd really be fucked since hed be sitting out with his 3rd knee surgery in 2+ years on the verge of being eligible for a 250 million dollar contract.

That as well. On another note, I found it funny that guys like Cowherd were associating Kyrie's health as something Lebron was responsible for - ie him leaving caused him to injure his knee and if he stayed in Cleveland then he'd be perfectly healthy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge, Durant, Hayward, etc....want me to find them?

you wanted Hayward right up until the time he said IM GOING TO BOSTON. lol

I said I wanted Hayward depending on what it would require to obtain him.
The more the Heat won the 2nd half last season, the less I wanted to give up multiple players.
I always maintained he wasn’t a superstar.

I totally forgot about Durant, but did feel if he came East the Heat were in play.
His FA tour was pretty much a farce.
He knew where he was going from day 1.