• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raps gave away the game last night. Did not capitalize on turnovers, missed too many bunnies at the rim. The game should have never got to OT.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors are sorry. Choked again. Team has no guts.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crushing loss for the Raptors which just reinforced their sense of being unable to defeat Lebron.

If they go out in 4 or 5 they are going to have clean house at least to some degree.

no doubt...

the Raps blow this, and ESPECIALLY if they blow it quickly, it simply has to a case of back to the drawing board...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the one comparing them.

In the Finals the Cavs won Tristan Thompson averaged over 10 boards and 10 points a game and shot 63% from the field.

In the Cavs wins he went for 14 pts, 13 boards one game, 6 pts 15 boards another game, 15 points 16 boards and 3 assists another game.

the previous year he averaged 10 pts and 13 rebounds a game in the Finals- made winning plays, threw bone crushing picks, played the pick and roll extremely well etc.

Its an insult to TT to compare him t othose other guys who were bit-role players.

Against Atlanta - a very good Atlanta team he ABUSED Al Horford and averaged 12 pts and 11 rebounds and 2 blocks in the series.

comparing Thompson to Birdman, Joel Anthony and a cooked Haslem is just downright stupid.

No.
You started the shit with he’s better than Whiteside.
I countered that many have served the same role as Tristan.
I didn’t say the Heat players were better then Tristan.
I said their scoring/rebound stats shouldn’t be used to evaluate the value they brought.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan is a GOD lol. Where have you been TT? Fucking some other woman, that’s where lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Raptors can find a way to lose a game in which they never trailed during the original 48 minutes of game play. :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, Kendrick would put Drake in a wheelchair but he would still be putting out those hits lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
You started the shit with he’s better than Whiteside.
I countered that many have served the same role as Tristan.
I didn’t say the Heat players were better then Tristan.
I said their scoring/rebound stats shouldn’t be used to evaluate the value they brought.
he is better than Whiteside.

Whiteside sucked, couldnt get off the bench, the coach decided not to play him and then his GM said he was mentally weak and he complained about his playing time over and over and over again.

Thompson got benched- did not say one word about his playing time despite being a starter on a title team--- kept his mouth shut- waited for his opportunity and then had 2 huge games when in the 2 biggest games of the season.

As i have said a million times--- one guy makes winning plays and cares about the team---- one guy cares more about stats and his playing time than the team.

and anderson, haslem , anthony never did play the same role as tristnan each of those guys were bit players

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whiteside sucked, couldnt get off the bench, the coach decided not to play him and then his GM said he was mentally weak and he complained about his playing time over and over and over again.

Thompson got benched- did not say one word about his playing time despite being a starter on a title team--- kept his mouth shut- waited for his opportunity and then had 2 huge games when in the 2 biggest games of the season.

As i have said a million times--- one guy makes winning plays and cares about the team---- one guy cares more about stats and his playing time than the team.

and anderson, haslem , anthony never did play the same role as tristnan each of those guys were bit players

Whiteside sucked for a week. We get it.
No argument.
Short term memory for you though.
Hes been a league leader, previous 2 seasons.

Tristan was also very recently a coaches choice DNP.

Ill simplify it for you.

The Heat has other viable options.
The Cavs have Kendrick Perkins.
Plus, Love is a terrible matchup vs JV.
How can Tristan not be used?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside sucked for a week. We get it.
No argument.
Short term memory for you though.
Hes been a league leader, previous 2 seasons.

Tristan was also very recently a coaches choice DNP.

Ill simplify it for you.

The Heat has other viable options.
The Cavs have Kendrick Perkins.
Plus, Love is a terrible matchup vs JV.
How can Tristan not be used?
So to summarize your argument---Whitesides stats matter when comparing him to Tristan---- but Tristans stats dont matter when comparing him to Birdman and Haslem and Joel Anthony

yikes

thanks for playing.

enjoythe offseason and Riley trying his best to rid himself of Whitesides contract without taking back too much bad money.

one guy makes winning plays and plays for the team--- one guy cares about his stats and plays for himself. Never been more apparent.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to summarize your argument---Whitesides stats matter when comparing him to Tristan---- but Tristans stats dont matter when comparing him to Birdman and Haslem and Joel Anthony

yikes

thanks for playing.

enjoythe offseason and Riley trying his best to rid himself of Whitesides contract without taking back too much bad money.

one guy makes winning plays and plays for the team--- one guy cares about his stats and plays for himself. Never been more apparent.

No.
Im saying James, since 2010 has played basically centerless.
The role is filled, by whoever.
That player is basically ignored.

Totally different with Whiteside/Heat.
Teams gameplan specifically against him.

Probably over your head, but most here can grip it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason for TT being benched is his own doing though.

I think the Whiteside vs. TT argument is a tired one though.

Both have fallen off a cliff since the initial debate in 2016.

But at least Heat fans are willing to walk away from Whiteside. I'm sure most fans are willing to do the same with TT.

And besides, everyone knows why TT is playing hard right now outside of him barely playing the last couple of months - it's because he doesn't want to have to deal with Kardashian bullshit once the season's over. Because his ass is cooked when that happens.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Cleveland is about. They have one mega star in LeBron. I know he has been in a slump for awhile, but Love is capable of being an All-Star capable player. But then everyone else is role players, and damn dangerous role players who know their roles on the floor, and if one is not having a good game that is OK because the other role player just takes his spot. LeBron is good enough when he wants to be to carry this team and that allows the role players to work within their roles so nicely.

I'd say grading the Cavs roster it's like:
LeBron A+
Love A-
Everyone else C+

Again it's just LeBron with his monster stats, one of those role players has a good game the rest mingle around the 5-10 points a game range in the playoffs. You stop Korver, great, but than JR Smith hits that open shot because your entire defense is focused on LeBron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Cleveland is about. They have one mega star in LeBron. I know he has been in a slump for awhile, but Love is capable of being an All-Star capable player. But then everyone else is role players, and damn dangerous role players who know their roles on the floor, and if one is not having a good game that is OK because the other role player just takes his spot. LeBron is good enough when he wants to be to carry this team and that allows the role players to work within their roles so nicely.

LeBron A+
Love A-
Everyone else C+

Again it's just LeBron with his monster stats, one of those role players has a good game the rest mingle around the 5-10 points a game range in the playoffs. You stop Korver, great, but than JR Smith hits that open shot because your entire defense is focused on LeBron.

Correct.
But who is focused on Tristan?
Thats my point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for TT being benched is his own doing though.

I think the Whiteside vs. TT argument is a tired one though.

Both have fallen off a cliff since the initial debate in 2016.

But at least Heat fans are willing to walk away from Whiteside. I'm sure most fans are willing to do the same with TT.

And besides, everyone knows why TT is playing hard right now outside of him barely playing the last couple of months - it's because he doesn't want to have to deal with Kardashian bullshit once the season's over. Because his ass is cooked when that happens.
lol....honsetly i was kind of htinking the same thing

i was thinking- man--- if Tristan wanted to get some of the stink off him for this cheating thing he should make some nose in the playoffs--- plus if the Cavs do well it gives him an excuse to be on the road a little longer. lol....

good call.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
Im saying James, since 2010 has played basically centerless.
The role is filled, by whoever.
That player is basically ignored.

Totally different with Whiteside/Heat.
Teams gameplan specifically against him.

Probably over your head, but most here can grip it.
what i am telling you is that Tristan Thompson is not "ignoring" the position. Anderson is ignoring the position. Joel Anthony is ignoring the position. an ancient Haslem is ignoring hte position.

Unlike Arison- Gilbert was willing to spend a LOT more money and get at least a solid player and pay him at the position- rather than filling in the pupu platter year after year with guys like Anderson and Joel Anthony etc....

a guy going for 13 and 10 or 11 and 10 in two straight NBA Finals is not "ignoring the position"--- and thats in addition to being a great pick setter- a great roller on the pick and roll--- and , he at least used to be-- one of the games top offensive rebounders and one of the games top big men at covering the perimeter. Tristan brings WAY more to the game than any of those 3 Heat players ever did.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron A+
Love A-
Everyone else C+

Agree overall, it's LJ and the rest.

IDK if Love is A-...maybe at one time, but now, his game is more perimeter based and not consistent enough offense.

Last night was a nice balanced effort and the choke factor of the opponent got them a road win. We'll see what the young 76er team does vs BOS. CLE could very well get out of the east, and I would give them a puncher's chance vs HOU, no chance vs GS.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by thinking that if Lebron were to meet the 76ers in the ECF that he'd lose. I think regardless he's in for a dog fight. Not impossible for him to make it to the Finals this year; but it's going to be exponentially more difficult compared to the previous 3 years.

I don't know what's up with Love either. That's a weird one.

But the issues with the supporting cast I think is what's going to cost Lebron in June this time.
It's almost like he's been medicated.