• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s still ignoring the point.
Yes, he was old, yes, Anythony played like his hands were in a cast, yes, Bird was limited, yet they all accepted their role and made a difference.

Like Tristan, opponents will live with whatever production occurs/occurred.

Oh, I agree. That's the thing that differs between the guys he's mentioning along with TT.

On top of that, TT is making by far more than any of the aforementioned players. The fact that we're comparing the players in the same class is more of an indictment on Thompson rather than praise.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing you could see it coming from late in the 3rd/early 4th

I saw it coming in the 2nd quarter when Cleveland outscored the Raps 38-27. But yeah, early in the 3rd I knew Cavs were going to win. I figured they would've taken the lead earlier though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 is a game 7 for Toronto.

Win and maybe they push Cleveland to 6 games.

Lose and it is over in 4

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. That's the thing that differs between the guys he's mentioning along with TT.

On top of that, TT is making by far more than any of the aforementioned players. The fact that we're comparing the players in the same class is more of an indictment on Thompson rather than praise.
hes the one comparing them.

In the Finals the Cavs won Tristan Thompson averaged over 10 boards and 10 points a game and shot 63% from the field.

In the Cavs wins he went for 14 pts, 13 boards one game, 6 pts 15 boards another game, 15 points 16 boards and 3 assists another game.

the previous year he averaged 10 pts and 13 rebounds a game in the Finals- made winning plays, threw bone crushing picks, played the pick and roll extremely well etc.

Its an insult to TT to compare him t othose other guys who were bit-role players.

Against Atlanta - a very good Atlanta team he ABUSED Al Horford and averaged 12 pts and 11 rebounds and 2 blocks in the series.

comparing Thompson to Birdman, Joel Anthony and a cooked Haslem is just downright stupid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lose and it is over in 4
if they win, get some momentum, and if LeBron was just truly slowed down by OG instead of just gassed- the series looks different.

IF they win tomorrow the pressure is back on the Cavs to hold their newly found home court advantage.

I just like the fact that the role players are much better equipped to help in this series than the last one. The Raptors defense and perimeter defendrs are just not nearly as big/phyiscal as the Pacers.

Stephenson and Oladipo are LEGIT very very very good defensvie players with size and physicality. Toronto has no one like those 2--- OG might be that one day but hes a 20 year old rook.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty ugly shooting last night by both teams. To say there is pressure on tha Raps in game 2 is an understatement. This should be their gap between the cavs and the celtics as the top team in the east. They need to take advantage

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty ugly shooting last night by both teams. To say there is pressure on tha Raps in game 2 is an understatement. This should be their gap between the cavs and the celtics as the top team in the east. They need to take advantage

This is an underrated post. Cleveland looks like this may possibly be the last year that they have Lebron and a true contender for a title. Boston's missing their top 2 players (still have a really good team though) and Philly's still young and in their first playoff run; history says that Philly won't go to the Finals and win this year.

But if the Raptors don't capitalize this year. I just don't see how they come back with the same squad and compete with Boston who'll have Hayward and Irving back along with a more seasoned Philly team (that could potentially have another all start added to the roster).

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose and it is over in 4

The Raptors may feel more pressure at this point playing at home. If it turns quiet, it has to bug them.

I still expect Raptors to win game 2. The Cavs will have to change rotations -- probably more TT on JV. Love/Green struggled to guard him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors may feel more pressure at this point playing at home. If it turns quiet, it has to bug them.

I still expect Raptors to win game 2. The Cavs will have to change rotations -- probably more TT on JV. Love/Green struggled to guard him.

Maybe even give Perk some burn :heh:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crushing loss for the Raptors which just reinforced their sense of being unable to defeat Lebron.

If they go out in 4 or 5 they are going to have clean house at least to some degree.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 will be the least amount of pressure the Cavs will have been under all playoffs.

That should be a good environment for the Cavs supporting cast, particularly Nance, Clarkson, and Hood.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an unreal win....I thought the Cavs would win the series but i thought this would be a very very tough game for them and one that they were likely to lose.

LeBron was gassed-- you never see him go 1/8 from 3 or 1/6 from the line...he was 3/20 in the 4th qtr. and OT.....Love only shot 3/13. If you would have told me LeBron would go 1/6 from the free throw line , 1/8 from 3, Love would score 7 pts....id have said blow out loss

but the Cavs veteran role players stepped up huge...69 combined points for Tristan Thompson, Jeff Green, Kyle Korver, and JR Smith. These guys stepped up big time.

The Cavs benched outscored the Toronto bench.

It is just 1 game- and I remember thinking when the Cavs were down 3-1 to the Warriors that this just might be the adversity needed for them to say FUCK IT WE ARE DOING THIS- and I sure hope Toronto does not come out with that attitude in GAme 2.

I have said it over and over again that the Pacers chemistry, toughness and physicality forced the Cavs to face some adversity and hopefully toughened them up and built some chemistry of their own. Tonight the Raptors did not look nearly as mentally tough or as physical as the Pacers were.

Regardless- the Cavs stole home court tonight in a game where LeBron did not play his best and Love shot like shit because the role players stepped up in a huge way.

Great Game 1 win.

If the Cavs can pull it off on Thursday I will be feeling really good about a return trip to the ECF.

Honestly, I didn’t think there was anyway they were going to win seeing the 1st and even through 3. Love played like absolute shit, Lebron had his first inefficient game of the playoffs offensively and they were getting every rebound. Jonas

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I didn’t think there was anyway they were going to win seeing the 1st and even through 3. Love played like absolute shit, Lebron had his first inefficient game of the playoffs offensively and they were getting every rebound. Jonas

The Raptors missing their last 12 shots of the regular time including 3 straight tap ins at the end helped quite a bit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron won’t have a bad game like that again, doesn’t mean the Raptors can’t win but a tough loss to take when the two best players for the Cavs don’t play well

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors missing their last 12 shots of the regular time including 3 straight tap ins at the end helped quite a bit.

Yeah but the Cavs were missing a lot too, they missed so many easy shots. Both teams did. I mean the Cavs shot 41%, not great, the 3 ball saved them in this one

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the Raptors don't capitalize this year. I just don't see how they come back with the same squad and compete with Boston who'll have Hayward and Irving back along with a more seasoned Philly team (that could potentially have another all start added to the roster).

Agreed. I see several teams that may blow it all up this next year and start again.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, am I the only one who thinks Kevin Love is a good player but never took his game to another level? he just does not stand out to me as a cornerstone player anymore

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the Cavs were missing a lot too, they missed so many easy shots. Both teams did. I mean the Cavs shot 41%, not great, the 3 ball saved them in this one

You can't miss your last 11 shots in a playoff game and expect to win. IIRC, no one not named DeRozan or Lowry scored from inside of 8 minutes and overtime.