• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was, the stats dont matter.
You were the one comparing stats.
Im saying it doesnt really matter which player is in that role, if they accept the role.
The Heat players provided as much, or more even though you don’t see it in a boxscore.
Tristan does WAY more out of the box score than those scrubs.....Not one of those guys can switch a pick and roll and do a have decent job on Steph Curry on the perimeter----- All Tristan did Sunday was throw monster picks for LeBron and hes WAAAAAAAAY more athletic and a finisher at the rim than those guys.....dude you gotta just face the facts here brah.

Two biggest games of the season Tristan Thompson comes up huge. Game 7 he starts and plays so well Lue cant take him out and he plays the most minutes he has all season. Whiteside gets his minutes, commits fouls, looks mentally weak (both my words and Riley's words) and cant get off the bench in game 7 after 10 listless minutes. Then he complains to the media for the upteenth time about playing time right after his team goes home for the season.

Tristan goes to the bench for Jeff Green--- a guy that averaged two double doubles in the FINALS and helped the Cavs win their first title...you dont hear a WORD from him. NOTHING....Nothing but being a good teammate....his number gets called- he goes in and makes winning play after winning play. Those last few games could not have crystalized my argument of Tristan over Whiteside any better then if i staged it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez...part of me hopes the Raptors fall apart mentally- but part of me thinks that something like this might just be the catalyst they need to find their balls.

Canada’s leader sucks the balls out of everything, even their hockey teams.
upload_2018-5-2_0-4-58.jpeg

Raptors are fucked. Hopefully not proper fucked.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan does WAY more out of the box score than those scrubs.....Not one of those guys can switch a pick and roll and do a have decent job on Steph Curry on the perimeter----- All Tristan did Sunday was throw monster picks for LeBron and hes WAAAAAAAAY more athletic and a finisher at the rim than those guys.....dude you gotta just face the facts here brah.

Two biggest games of the season Tristan Thompson comes up huge. Game 7 he starts and plays so well Lue cant take him out and he plays the most minutes he has all season. Whiteside gets his minutes, commits fouls, looks mentally weak (both my words and Riley's words) and cant get off the bench in game 7 after 10 listless minutes. Then he complains to the media for the upteenth time about playing time right after his team goes home for the season.

Tristan goes to the bench for Jeff Green--- a guy that averaged two double doubles in the FINALS and helped the Cavs win their first title...you dont hear a WORD from him. NOTHING....Nothing but being a good teammate....his number gets called- he goes in and makes winning play after winning play. Those last few games could not have crystalized my argument of Tristan over Whiteside any better then if i staged it.

As its been, since this started, the only person you’ll ever convince is yourself.
If James leaves, you’ll see firsthand how useless of an NBA player he really is.
Kind of like every season hes played without him so far.

#dimeadozen

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an unreal win....I thought the Cavs would win the series but i thought this would be a very very tough game for them and one that they were likely to lose.

LeBron was gassed-- you never see him go 1/8 from 3 or 1/6 from the line...he was 3/20 in the 4th qtr. and OT.....Love only shot 3/13. If you would have told me LeBron would go 1/6 from the free throw line , 1/8 from 3, Love would score 7 pts....id have said blow out loss

but the Cavs veteran role players stepped up huge...69 combined points for Tristan Thompson, Jeff Green, Kyle Korver, and JR Smith. These guys stepped up big time.

The Cavs benched outscored the Toronto bench.

It is just 1 game- and I remember thinking when the Cavs were down 3-1 to the Warriors that this just might be the adversity needed for them to say FUCK IT WE ARE DOING THIS- and I sure hope Toronto does not come out with that attitude in GAme 2.

I have said it over and over again that the Pacers chemistry, toughness and physicality forced the Cavs to face some adversity and hopefully toughened them up and built some chemistry of their own. Tonight the Raptors did not look nearly as mentally tough or as physical as the Pacers were.

Regardless- the Cavs stole home court tonight in a game where LeBron did not play his best and Love shot like shit because the role players stepped up in a huge way.

Great Game 1 win.

If the Cavs can pull it off on Thursday I will be feeling really good about a return trip to the ECF.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors in big, big trouble.

Given their mental hurdles and the fact that they controlled the entire game, they can't feel good about letting that one slip away. Absolutely brutal loss for them.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors in big, big trouble.

Given their mental hurdles and the fact that they controlled the entire game, they can't feel good about letting that one slip away. Absolutely brutal loss for them.

Yep. I say they just lost the series with tonight's bed-shitting

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on holiday so I can't watch much or pay much attention around here but thought I'd stop by and note that somewhere, I am chuckling.

Fire Drake into a cauldron of boiling pesticides.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will retire from SportsHoopla if the raps lose this series and ill bet wiggy to do the same
There will be cake in the break room.

th

th

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....i just dont see Korver, Green, JR and TT going for 70 pts again - and Love's shot is beginning to worry me.....

if not Love who is this teams other offensive options? Jr and Korver as 2 and 3? thats scary...they need a good 15 at least from Love--- if not a couple games where he is in the 20's......

That- and the Cavs just dont have a big man that can compete with Valuciunas size...the dude went for 20 and 20 tonight....the CAvs dont have a true center - and if Love cant keep him honest with his shot- hes gonna have a free for all on the boards.

I absolutely think the Cavs will win the series- but its far from over and i am far from certain--- and seeing Boston win game 1 just makes me want to get to the ECF even more since- I just cant see LeBron losing to a CEltics team without Hayward and Kyrie and Smart.

I stand by thinking that if Lebron were to meet the 76ers in the ECF that he'd lose. I think regardless he's in for a dog fight. Not impossible for him to make it to the Finals this year; but it's going to be exponentially more difficult compared to the previous 3 years.

I don't know what's up with Love either. That's a weird one.

But the issues with the supporting cast I think is what's going to cost Lebron in June this time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslem was good when he was young-- but the dude is ancient...the dude was old when LeBron was there. Hes a good guy to have around the youngsters and tough--- but -- esp. in LeBrons later years there--- just got old.

That's fair.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair.

He’s still ignoring the point.
Yes, he was old, yes, Anythony played like his hands were in a cast, yes, Bird was limited, yet they all accepted their role and made a difference.

Like Tristan, opponents will live with whatever production occurs/occurred.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an unreal win....I thought the Cavs would win the series but i thought this would be a very very tough game for them and one that they were likely to lose.

LeBron was gassed-- you never see him go 1/8 from 3 or 1/6 from the line...he was 3/20 in the 4th qtr. and OT.....Love only shot 3/13. If you would have told me LeBron would go 1/6 from the free throw line , 1/8 from 3, Love would score 7 pts....id have said blow out loss

but the Cavs veteran role players stepped up huge...69 combined points for Tristan Thompson, Jeff Green, Kyle Korver, and JR Smith. These guys stepped up big time.

It is just 1 game- and I remember thinking when the Cavs were down 3-1 to the Warriors that this just might be the adversity needed for them to say FUCK IT WE ARE DOING THIS- and I sure hope Toronto does not come out with that attitude in GAme 2.

I have said it over and over again that the Pacers chemistry, toughness and physicality forced the Cavs to face some adversity and hopefully toughened them up and built some chemistry of their own. Tonight the Raptors did not look nearly as mentally tough or as physical as the Pacers were.

Regardless- the Cavs stole home court tonight in a game where LeBron did not play his best and Love shot like shit because the role players stepped up in a huge way.

Great Game 1 win.

If the Cavs can pull it off on Thursday I will be feeling really good about a return trip to the ECF.

In reflection, I still feel Cavs will win the series.
Obviously the Raptors need to win 2 of the next 3 to be back in a position to take it.

Gutty effort by the Cavs yesterday, but apparently Raptors pretty much handed it to them.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reflection, I still feel Cavs will win the series.
Obviously the Raptors need to win 2 of the next 3 to be back in a position to take it.

Gutty effort by the Cavs yesterday, but apparently Raptors pretty much handed it to them.

actually watching it live was almost painful. you could literally see the look of disbelief in the player's faces...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually watching it live was almost painful. you could literally see the look of disbelief in the player's faces...

Sad thing you could see it coming from late in the 3rd/early 4th

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great Game 1 win.

Honestly, I didn’t think there was anyway they were going to win seeing the 1st and even through 3. Love played like absolute shit, Lebron had his first inefficient game of the playoffs offensively and they were getting every rebound. Jonas was a beast in that one quarter alone, Derozan and Lowry were efficient. Gotta feel damn good to get this win. Green, Korver, TT and JR stepped up.