• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1 Td in the first half in 5 games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousins doesn't play well then you make him your #2 QB or trade him. Simple as that. Patch up? The season is lost so who cares? If he plays well you increase your trade value for him. Its a win-win situation for the Redskins. Just b/c the guy is a 4th round pick why should he get written off? Remember Gus Ferotte beating out Heath Shuler. Never said get rid of RG3. You guys love putting words in my mouth. You guys don't even want to give Cousins a chance.

Yes the QB play as been awful this year. Hence the 1-4 record.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousins doesn't play well then you make him your #2 QB or trade him. Simple as that. Patch up? The season is lost so who cares? If he plays well you increase your trade value for him. Its a win-win situation for the Redskins. Just b/c the guy is a 4th round pick why should he get written off? Remember Gus Ferotte beating out Heath Shuler. Never said get rid of RG3. You guys love putting words in my mouth. You guys don't even want to give Cousins a chance.

Yes the QB play as been awful this year. Hence the 1-4 record.

It is not that easy. You don't simply bench RG3 & not expect some major issues. You also stated that if Cousins did well he could be a factor in 2014 which to me sounds like possibly naming him the starter for next season - that is crazy. It is not a "win-win" situation like you mention - there are all types of issues that they must address. This is not Madden football - you are talking about actual human beings.

So - although a slightly different situation - should the Giants bench Manning right now. He is probably playing as bad as any QB in the NFL right now. The answer is no & the same applies to RG3. You don't bench your established starting QB and not expect all sorts of issues and backlash from lots of people including the benched QB and the rest of the team. Why can't you comprehend that?

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't bench RG3 until the redskins are out of playoff contention, mathematically.

Then you bench him with the excuse "we want to take a look at Cousins to pump up his trade value," which is an acceptable answer that is mostly true, and will allow RG3 to save face.

Sure, he'll get all: "I'm the leader of this team and I want to start every single game that I can," but in my opinion that can be ignored / explained as "RG3 saving face."

Hopefully, Shanahan can call RG3 to task about exactly what it takes to be a franchise qb. For starters:

- stop talking to the press about "how good you feel," and that "the team is going to turn the corner," and start actually making plays. Less talk, more action.

- hit the video room and correct your flaws, such as throwing off your back foot, having an incredibly long windup, staring down wr's, and not following through on your throws

- stop arguing in the press with regards to the rehab schedule set out for you. Don't like the knee brace? fine. Ok. We heard you. It's not your choice. We're trying to make sure you have a decade long career. Shut the fuck up.

and such

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is a two time SB champ plus the Giants oline is worst then ours. If Cousins wins games throwing for 300 yards and 3 td and no picks why shouldn't he be considered in 2014? Why shouldn't there be a QB battle? Why is everyone so afraid of playing Cousins? This is what happens in pro football. The best player plays no matter who it is. Its a win-win situation b/c the season is lost and we can really see what we have in Cousins.

It probably is not going to happen b/c Shanny has no balls. He didn't have the balls to bench Rg3 in the playoff game with a 14-0 lead and he didn't have the balls to hold RG3 back a month at the start of the season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is a two time SB champ plus the Giants oline is worst then ours. If Cousins wins games throwing for 300 yards and 3 td and no picks why shouldn't he be considered in 2014? Why shouldn't there be a QB battle? Why is everyone so afraid of playing Cousins? This is what happens in pro football. The best player plays no matter who it is. Its a win-win situation b/c the season is lost and we can really see what we have in Cousins.

It probably is not going to happen b/c Shanny has no balls. He didn't have the balls to bench Rg3 in the playoff game with a 14-0 lead and he didn't have the balls to hold RG3 back a month at the start of the season.

Its not a matter of having balls or not. We traded three picks to get RG3. By your logic, when Cam Newton started to struggle in year two, Carolina should have benched him. Cousins was a value pick, but the only way he makes the field is if griffin cant. You dont bench your starter just to see what you might get out of the other guy. It only creates the same kind of mess they have had in the Jets organization over the past three seasons. We own Griffin for better or worse for the next few seasons. The only way he is going to get better is to play at this point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina does not have Cousins on there bench. I want RG3 to do well but I don't see anything in the first 5 games that would support it. I just mentioned that at 1-6 when we are out of it make a change. If Cousins cant do it fine. At least we got to see him in regular season action. If he can do it. You have to consider him.

It is a matter of balls. At the time you don't send your franchise QB out there when he is hurt in the playoff game when you have a more than capable backup. Why rush you franchise QB back to play week 1? It just didn't make any sense to me. good coaches and organization don't make these dumb decisions.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 time SB champ, but I am positive that there are several Giants fans making the same claims right now, and it is the wrong move in both cases.

I guess that the biggest issue I have with you as that you seem to portray the situation as almost all of the Redskins woes being primarily the result of the QB position. Nothing could be further from the truth. You also conveniently forget that RG3 was the main reason for their success last season. Now you want to explore the possibility of moving on without him (i.e. your 2014 scenario)? Crazy.

Again - I have no issue with playing Cousins later in the year when it is impossible for the Skins to make the playoffs (in an effort to up Cousins trade value). Otherwise - forget it. Agree to disagree.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't bench RG3 now until the season is ACTUALLY lost. If it isn't ACTUALLY lost - if there's at least a mathematical chance that the redskins can make the playoffs - you risk serious team-wide damage by benching the player you traded 3 draft picks for.

RG3 IS a team leader, like it or not. He's the hand-picked team leader for Team Shanny. If you bench your own hand-picked team leader, where do you go then?

It's a lose-lose situation, unless your team is already out of contention. If Cousins lights it up, then the reaction is "you should have put him in earlier." If Cousins sucks, then the reaction is "you sucked at developing FOUR qb's over your four year tenure: Grossman, McNabb, RG3, Cousins."

But ifthe redskins are eliminated, then you're "evaluating talent." It's alllllll good when you are "evaluating talent."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina does not have Cousins on there bench. I want RG3 to do well but I don't see anything in the first 5 games that would support it. I just mentioned that at 1-6 when we are out of it make a change. If Cousins cant do it fine. At least we got to see him in regular season action. If he can do it. You have to consider him.

It is a matter of balls. At the time you don't send your franchise QB out there when he is hurt in the playoff game when you have a more than capable backup. Why rush you franchise QB back to play week 1? It just didn't make any sense to me. good coaches and organization don't make these dumb decisions.

Have to disagree. The only way you have to consider Cousins is if you are seriously considering abandoning Griffin to begin with. Otherwise, even if we are 1-10 and the bottom has completely fallen out of it, your main focus SHOULD be on improving the guy who IS your QB. Not exploring replacement options in his second year. Forget trying to up Cousins trade value. Not at the risk of....

1. Further stunting Griffins growth
2. Severely damaging the relationship between Griffin and the team.

By trading three extra picks to get him, we have committed to him at least through his rookie contract. You can not seriously think its a good move to bench him at this point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Rg3 was the 2012 season. I agree with you 1000%. RG3 made Alfred Morris. I never said cut RG3. But if Cousins beats him out in the 2014 training camp after showing a strong 2013 season, you have to consider moving RG3 to QB#2. Its not fair to write off Cousins. All of the Redskins OFFENSIVE woes start at RG3. That is the truth. His turnovers and inability to sustain drives and score TD. That is obvious. I hope it all changes.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Rg3 was the 2012 season. I agree with you 1000%. RG3 made Alfred Morris. I never said cut RG3. But if Cousins beats him out in the 2014 training camp after showing a strong 2013 season, you have to consider moving RG3 to QB#2. Its not fair to write off Cousins. All of the Redskins OFFENSIVE woes start at RG3. That is the truth. His turnovers and inability to sustain drives and score TD. That is obvious. I hope it all changes.

Again have to disagree. Our problems start with an offensive line that apparently cant block any one. Sure if Cousins beats him out for the job in the off season, you have to start him. But it serves no logical purpose to bench RG3 now or even if we are 1-8 just to see what we got with Cousins. Its not about fair, its about having a direction and building your team. And a QB move now to Cousins would show only that we lack direction and are fishing for answers. Kind of like benching Rex for Beck, then McNabb for Rex a year later. Only RG3 is likely to develop into a better QB than all of them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no matter how bad RG3 plays he is our starter for the whole 2013 season? You still don't make the move at 1-8 with losses to Minn and SD? If that is the case Cousins will be demanding a trade this offseason.

I hope im wrong and RG3 turns it around against the Bears.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no matter how bad RG3 plays he is our starter for the whole 2013 season? You still don't make the move at 1-8 with losses to Minn and SD? If that is the case Cousins will be demanding a trade this offseason.

I hope im wrong and RG3 turns it around against the Bears.

Cousins can demand until he is blue in the face. Fact is he is under contract. And no, even if we are 1-8 you dont make the move because simply put, as much as you want to blame it all on RG3 and see Cousins as some kind of savior, Alot of the problems fall on our inability to block consistently. Cousins would likely get road graded behind this line right now. Benching Griffin would be a sign of giving up on not only the season, but on him. The effect it would have goes beyond the QB and would stretch into next season as well.

zizozizozizoskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look we have to ride this out but if you need to blame one person it should be Mike Shanahan ...However the blame is on every single person in the Washington Redskins Organization. I would've blamed the GM player personal Mike Shanahan and we needed a real GM not a money Cap guy like Bruce Allen ....Blame our scouts for not improving our interior line blame our coaches for not changing our safeties or our special teams play

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again have to disagree. Our problems start with an offensive line that apparently cant block any one. Sure if Cousins beats him out for the job in the off season, you have to start him. But it serves no logical purpose to bench RG3 now or even if we are 1-8 just to see what we got with Cousins. Its not about fair, its about having a direction and building your team. And a QB move now to Cousins would show only that we lack direction and are fishing for answers. Kind of like benching Rex for Beck, then McNabb for Rex a year later. Only RG3 is likely to develop into a better QB than all of them.

I also remember seeing several key drops yesterday - were those RG3's fault? The offensive and team problems are all over the map (e.g. one of problems for the offense is the special teams since they constantly put them in very unfavorable field position). Let's be honest about all of this & accurately assess the situation. BTW - you would be a fool to automatically assume that these issues will disappear with Cousins & that they will all of sudden start producing 3-4 TDs per game. To believe that they would have won both the Eagles & Cowboys game with Cousins at the helm is naive thinking at best.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the line hasn't done there part. but even when RG3 has time to throw his accuracy and ability to read defenses is way off. Its been a huge regression so far in his development.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins wins the Lions and Cowboys games. Yes there were some drops last night but there were more over throws, under throws and not reading defenses. I remember two plays in the 4th qtr one to Moss and one to Garcon. Moss was a underthrow and Garcon he missed totally that would have been a TD b/c the safety was out of position.

zizozizozizoskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look RGIII has to be blamed but its not his 100% on him I would say 25% blame on his inaccurate passes or his fumbles or interceptions but also blame offensive lineman or what about the receivers giving up on routes or not winning their one to one battle against defenders ....so I mean let's be real the only player we all think has a chance to improve the team is RGIII

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the line hasn't done there part. but even when RG3 has time to throw his accuracy and ability to read defenses is way off. Its been a huge regression so far in his development.

His accuracy and ability to read his progressions are directly a result of poor blocking. He is rushing throws and rushing through his reads because he is expecting to get creamed within five seconds of dropping back.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins wins the Lions and Cowboys games. Yes there were some drops last night but there were more over throws, under throws and not reading defenses. I remember two plays in the 4th qtr one to Moss and one to Garcon. Moss was a underthrow and Garcon he missed totally that would have been a TD b/c the safety was out of position.

Ok - so in those games Cousins won't suffer because of a poor rushing attack and inadequate pass blocking? He will be superman & just shrug those off and fire away & complete pass after pass?

Do you recall exactly how Cousins played last season? Sure - he had the one real good game against the Browns, but it was a late season game against a team that folded down the stretch & was trounced in their last three games. A good job but not the best test. He did well in cleanup duty against the Ravens but only threw and completed two mid-range passes (granted one for a TD & ran for the conversion but hardly a performance that can be evaluated). In the Falcons game he threw the great long TD to Moss. However - that was followed up by a sack & 3 and out and two subsequent INTs. A true mixed bag (more on the bad side).

I am not trying to downgrade Cousins in anyway & believe he quite possibly has a bright future in the NFL. However - he should not be portrayed as the next big thing coming off the bench & it should not be assumed that it is a given that he will throw multiple passes and win games in spite of the numerous problems that exist with this team. That is complete speculation on your part (part of the desperate fan's cry that the backup QB is always better).