• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1 Td in the first half in 5 games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if this was any other team in the league what would happen?? It's the offense and ST's not the defense that made us 1-4. How could anyone defend this offense right now?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if this was any other team in the league what would happen?? It's the offense and ST's not the defense that made us 1-4. How could anyone defend this offense right now?

I certainly hope that you are not suggesting a QB change. If so - your point is incorrect. I don't see the Falcons or Steelers considering changing their QBs.

You don't defend the offense. However - try to look at it objectively. There are issues and shortcomings all over the place. For starters the O-line needs some quality additions. I believe that will be priority # 1 during the offseason & should be doable with more cap space. Receiving is somewhat of an issue but would be offset somewhat with improvements in other areas. They probably should add a body or two in this area but not go crazy. Reed's continued improvement should also add a lot to this area.

Now the big one - QB. I believe that is one that falls on RG3 and Kyle Shanahan. They have to work on several things - clock mgmt, field vision, knowing when to get rid of the ball, etc. This whole thing might be a byproduct of RG3's injury. The past offseason should have provided opportunity to work on a lot of these issues. However - due to the injury a lot of this time had to be - correctly - used for rehab. Hopefully RG3 stays healthy so that significant time can be spent on these areas.

I hope that people are not already giving up on RG3 (which basically will be the case if you keep wanting them to bench him). He is a work in progress and their future. They have to much invested to give up on him now.

HTTR

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for special teams - I have already advocated firing the ST coach. IMO this area is affected by coaching more than offense or defense. It is generally manned by younger, hungrier players who need to be tough sound techniques & coached well. Obviously it isn't working for the Skins & this guy just doesn't appear to be suited for that job.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal, I agree with everything you posted. It would be foolish to give up on rg3. They guy is a unique talent. There is some residual rust from his injury. We are also asking him to play his position differently than he has ever played it. Thus there will be a learning curve, hesitations, and mistakes. Just as all young QBs suffer through. Both Wilson and Kaepernick have struggled at times this year. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every loss except GB has been on RG3 and Kyle. Are you really comparing Big Ben and Ryan to RG3? lol. The Falcons and Steelers have more than 1 TD in there first 5 games. This is embarrassing. This offense should be called out. If things don't get better than yes and RG3 benching is called for. If we don't beat the Bears Sunday and a loss to Denver would make us 1-6. Why wouldn't you see what Cousins can give you? The season is lost.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon j-y19 with the rust excuse. how many times are you going to use that one. I don't mean give up on rg3 for ever but at 1-6 why wouldn't you play Cousins. You can increase his trade value or he could be our QB. You don't know unless you try.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon j-y19 with the rust excuse. how many times are you going to use that one. I don't mean give up on rg3 for ever but at 1-6 why wouldn't you play Cousins. You can increase his trade value or he could be our QB. You don't know unless you try.

This is just crazy talk and am not even going to try and debate it other than to say this: RG3 is a better QB that Kirk, anyway you slice it. Kirk will make the same rookie mistakes, probably even more. With our oline, he will be coughing it up on a regular basis. How will that help his value?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say rg3 is a better pocket passer than Kirk? What about his accuracy? You cant compare them unless Kirk gets a chance. If the season is lost than why wouldn't you give kirk a shot to prove himself? Its the fair thing to do. You would have given RG3 7 games to prove himself. If the offense remains the same in the next two games then a switch is warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say rg3 is a better pocket passer than Kirk? What about his accuracy? You cant compare them unless Kirk gets a chance. If the season is lost than why wouldn't you give kirk a shot to prove himself? Its the fair thing to do. You would have given RG3 7 games to prove himself.

First, I never said he was a better pocket passer, I said he was a better QB. Second, RG3 has already proven himself to be to be a very unique talent. A talent that Kirk will never achieve. Is his game off right now? Yes. Would Kirk also struggle under these circumstances? Even more so..

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant say Kirk would struggle. You are assuming. Why is RG3 a unique talent? Its his legs right? He cant read coverage, bad accuracy, and bad clock mgt. How do you not make the switch at 1-6??

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant say Kirk would struggle. You are assuming. Why is RG3 a unique talent? Its his legs right? He cant read coverage, bad accuracy, and bad clock mgt. How do you not make the switch at 1-6??

If you want to ruin the kids time in Washington, or you really don't think he is a franchise QB, make the switch. If you think he is the future you ride it out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. you don't ruin rg3 with a qb switch this year. He should have never been playing from the get go. Bad decision by the organization and coaching staff again. If the bad play continues I want to see what Cousins can do. Its just been the same old song bad offense no TD's.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan. PLEASE give up on RG3.

I'll bet you would! No body in their right mind is advocating this. It would be similar to someone saying you guys should sit Sean lee because he had a bad game. BTW, lee is a freaking stud. Wanna trade?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every loss except GB has been on RG3 and Kyle. Are you really comparing Big Ben and Ryan to RG3? lol. The Falcons and Steelers have more than 1 TD in there first 5 games. This is embarrassing. This offense should be called out. If things don't get better than yes and RG3 benching is called for. If we don't beat the Bears Sunday and a loss to Denver would make us 1-6. Why wouldn't you see what Cousins can give you? The season is lost.

I am by no means comparing RG3 to Big Ben or Ryan. He is at a different stage of his career. However - most QBs - even probowlers - made mistakes early in their career. You have to stick with them regardless.

I think that the season may be lost regardless, and you need to be a little more realistic in your assessment of Cousins. You act as if inserting him into the lineup will fix all of their problems. He is less mobile than RG3 (and coming off a foot injury) so the effects of a poor O-line could be even more dramatic. Also - he isn't going to be returning punts, defending returns or playing defense so he will not fix those areas.

Also - if you go with Cousins how long would you go with the switch? One game? Two games? More? Let's say he has mixed results (very likely - a few wins & several losses). What then? You appear to downplay the dramatic effects of a QB controversy which could be significant.

You don't trade multiple #1 picks for a guy, subsequently have a great season with the guy & then kick him to the curb. If you insert Cousins into the lineup (for a non-injury situation) you better expect that as a possibility. Get real.

Stop discussing this possibility - it isn't going to happen unless there is an injury to RG3 or if the season is completely loss (e.g. when they are 2-10).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said kick rg3 to the curb. In my opinion RG3 doesn't belong out there from week 1. If we are 1-6 and the offense has stayed the same, I would give Cousins at least 5 games to see what he can do. Cousins has to get a chance to be fairly evaluated. If Cousins struggles fine no harm done the season is lost anyways and you prepare with RG3 for 2014. If he excels you increase his trade value or you keep him on your team and have a training camp battle in 2014 and the best QB wins. There is no down side b/c the season is lost at 1-6.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. you don't ruin rg3 with a qb switch this year. He should have never been playing from the get go. Bad decision by the organization and coaching staff again. If the bad play continues I want to see what Cousins can do. Its just been the same old song bad offense no TD's.

Rather if he should or shouldn't have started this season is another discussion, but since he was the #1 last season and given the nod for game 1. Pulling him now shows the team is losing faith. I'll stick with him unless I think Cousins is the better QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys believed all the RG3 hype in the preseason and he declared himself 100%. Now we are paying for the RG3 and the organizations lies with the 1-4 record possibly 1-6. Just stating the obvious boys.