• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1 Td in the first half in 5 games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know if Cousins is a better QB unless he plays. right? I am not about hype and glamour I am about who can win for this team right now. don't get me wrong guys I route for rg3 but he is just not getting it done. I cant see how anybody can argue that.

Plus. I NEVER SAID PULL HIM NOW. I said pull him at 1-6 IF the offense stays the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys believed all the RG3 hype in the preseason and he declared himself 100%. Now we are paying for the RG3 and the organizations lies with the 1-4 record possibly 1-6. Just stating the obvious boys.

For the sake of argument let's say with RG3 you are 6-10. With Cousins 8-8 or 9-7. Honestly what difference does it make besides where you draft? I guess you can use that to push up trade value, but if that switch does destroy RG3 trust is it worth it. The right move would have been to start Cousins until RG3 was truly ready. Making the move now is a mistake. Hell if Cousins plays well you divide the team and the fans. What QB do you trade. You know the arguments for both will be 50/50.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the OL getting blown over, Fred Davis going awol & being put in Kyle's "dog house", Griffin not executing, and running game that can not get anything going all contributes to the offense being the disaster it is.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. you don't ruin rg3 with a qb switch this year. He should have never been playing from the get go. Bad decision by the organization and coaching staff again. If the bad play continues I want to see what Cousins can do. Its just been the same old song bad offense no TD's.

Switching QBs now is completely different than sitting RG3 at the start of the season. At the beginning of the year it would simply indicate that RG3 was not fully recovered. Making the switch now provides the perception that Cousins is better than RG3. How would that not have a negative effect on RG3? It could take it all the way to the point of possibly influencing him to leave the team when that time comes (i.e. a waste of three # 1 picks).

You don't compound one bad decision by making another one. Your suggestion is just plain wrong. Try to look at this objectively - not simply as an emotionally charged fan.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you make the move with Cousins at 1-6 and he wins 8 out of the last 9 how is that a problem? 8 or 9 wins would win the division this year. How is that a problem? I was in favor of Cousins starting for the first four games of the season but that is water under the bridge now. Again I never said make the move now. Geez Manster7588 how many times do I have to say that!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the 5th time socal I never said make the move now. I said at 1-6!! For the record Rodney Harrison a NfL analyst on nbc sports would have benched RG3 after the Lions game.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you make the move with Cousins at 1-6 and he wins 8 out of the last 9 how is that a problem?!

There is a reason one guy was drafted second overall, and the other drafted in the fourth round. Cousins is a very nice security blanket ... nothing more.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you ever hear of Tom Brady Krusheasy? 6th round pick

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know if Cousins is a better QB unless he plays. right? I am not about hype and glamour I am about who can win for this team right now. don't get me wrong guys I route for rg3 but he is just not getting it done. I cant see how anybody can argue that.

Plus. I NEVER SAID PULL HIM NOW. I said pull him at 1-6 IF the offense stays the same.

Please. Every now & then there is a Tom Brady who goes under the radar. However - this is definitely the exception & not the rule. If Cousins is at that level why did he slip so far in the draft? In this QB hungry league why didn't some other team pick him even in the 3rd round? Heck - Brandon Weeden was taken in the 1st round. Looking at it objectively RG3 is their best shot for the future. Otherwise - given their other players - they are doomed if they have to go in another direction.

If they are 1-6 it is almost beyond the realm of possibility that they are going to do anything anyhow especially given their other concerns. Again - even if Cousins plays lights out it is not going to fix all of their issues & is not worth the risk of creating distance between RG3 and the team. Hopefully - they beat the Bears next week so that you will give this a rest (they are almost certainly going to lose to the Broncos).

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, the whole premise of your argument is that RG3 is solely responsible for us being 1-4. That's just not the case. To assume that Kirk can turn around the defense, special teams, and poor coaching is naivety at best. There is no way that Kirk takes us to an 8 or 9 game winning streak because the qb play is not even close to our largest issue. I will grant that RG3 is not playing to the level of last year, but this IS a function of his recovery and he IS coming into form. Also, he IS our future and franchise QB. You don't pull him now while he is starting to come around. There are huge ramifications associated with this. Just stop the ignorant talk.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you ever hear of Tom Brady Krusheasy? 6th round pick

Once in a blue moon type situation. Also - if Brady had to play behind the Skins current O-line he might be selling insurance right now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly so at 1-6 see what Cousins can do. you either rule him out or he becomes a factor in 2014. But Cousins should have that chance to prove himself. Never said kick RG3 to the curb. When the season is lost you can try different things.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you make the move with Cousins at 1-6 and he wins 8 out of the last 9 how is that a problem? 8 or 9 wins would win the division this year. How is that a problem? I was in favor of Cousins starting for the first four games of the season but that is water under the bridge now. Again I never said make the move now. Geez Manster7588 how many times do I have to say that!!!

If that happens all you do is create a QB controversy. Let's say the opposite happens and Cousins tanks. Now you have shown you don't trust RG3 and you destroyed any trade value you have in Cousins. If I'm the Redskins, the reason I don't pull RG3 is because I think he can be a franchise QB. Not sure I see Cousins as franchise QB. Look at it this way. The Skins are a young team and will get younger next year. Let RG3 grow with the team he was drafted for. I'm done here. This is not my team,so I'll let dkin fans argue for or against this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j-y19 you have to read my posts. I never said pull him now. IMO with Cousins we would be a 2-3 team at the worst. I think we would be able to score more TD's Kirk playing. jy19 RG3 is responsible for ever loss this year except GB. His passing was horrible last night. He did make some nice plays with his legs. The QB play is our largest issue this year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB play is our largest issue this year.

If you REALLY believe this, then I'm wondering what games you are watching. Agree to respectively disagree.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j-y19 you have to read my posts. I never said pull him now. IMO with Cousins we would be a 2-3 team at the worst. I think we would be able to score more TD's Kirk playing. jy19 RG3 is responsible for ever loss this year except GB. His passing was horrible last night. He did make some nice plays with his legs. The QB play is our largest issue this year.

I don't even know how to respond to this as it is so far detached from reality, so I'm done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly Dean, cousins was injured for week 1 as well. So you go with injured cousins or injured griffin. Seriously your premise for having cousins start the season is flawed. Kyle and mike went with the only logical decision they had available... To play their franchise QB

Lastly, i dont think cousins has yet proven himself to be anything more than a Cassel, Flynn, kolb, etc... And you simply do not bench your franchise QB for a shot in the dark that cousins is brady.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly so at 1-6 see what Cousins can do. you either rule him out or he becomes a factor in 2014. But Cousins should have that chance to prove himself. Never said kick RG3 to the curb. When the season is lost you can try different things.

Become a factor in 2014? Are you nuts? So you are advocating possibly getting rid of a guy that they had to trade 3 #1 picks to obtain? That is what will have to occur if you are discussing the possibility of starting the 2014 season with Cousins. That would also probably assume that RG3 is coming off a poor season so his value will not be as high as you would like.

If any coach considers this possibility I would fire them ASAP. I could see playing Cousins much later in the season for the primary purpose of displaying him to other teams for trade value. Otherwise - he is the backup - period. People in this thread have continually brought up names like Flynn & Kobb yet you continually ignore these replies. You choose to go the Brady route ignoring the fact that this type of thing very rarely plays out in that manner. Stop acting like a typical fan who always feels that that backup QB is always the better option when things don't go well.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deanpet,

Let's discuss another possibility. Say the Skins go 1-6 & RG3 is still healthy. They go with your suggestion and start Cousins for a few games. He plays OK but they still lose both games & still have some of the same issues. What then? How do you patch things up with RG3, the rest of the team and quite possibly a large % of your fan base? For the coach you also sadly might need to explain this to your owner & it could cost you your job (which might be good for some of us).

OK - your turn.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deanpet,

Let's discuss another possibility. Say the Skins go 1-6 & RG3 is still healthy. They go with your suggestion and start Cousins for a few games. He plays OK but they still lose both games & still have some of the same issues. What then? How do you patch things up with RG3, the rest of the team and quite possibly a large % of your fan base? For the coach you also sadly might need to explain this to your owner & it could cost you your job (which might be good for some of us).

OK - your turn.

SoCal, you can't reason with someone that is irrational. Dean is a reactionary.